Thank you D-Rob...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by BigTimeTexanFan, Dec 21, 2009.

1. BigTimeTexanFan

BigTimeTexanFan All Pro

for not signing that multi year deal this past offseason. This guy has been getting burned week after week. I seriously doubt he's back with the Texans next year simply because of his ego. If his ego was so big that he turned down more than 20 million guaranteed coming back from career threatening injuries than he certainly won't sign for significantly less this year after "proving himself". I strip you of your name D-rob and dub thee... D-Burnt.

2. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I don't think D-Burnt will be back next year. :)

3. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Avery ran by him like he was standing still. Thank goodness Null was throwing the ball. Otherwise, it's a TD.

4. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Thank you D-Rob for confirming what I always knew about you. You're a phony. You should be convicted for stealing money and for impersonating an NFL cornerback.

5. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

yeah averys a quick guy but dunta looked embarassingly slow on that play. avery was so much quicker he even (luckily) outran dunta's desperation grabs to pull him back that wouldve led to his weekly PI call

6. DeMarCushPoll

DeMarCushPoll UDFA

He will be gone and he'll have to settle for about 1/4 of what he stole from us this year. He's gonna feel like the biggest DA on the planet for not signing that contrct. My only hope is that he signs with a division rival so AJ can torch his ass and sing "Dunta how my ass taste?" twice a year.

7. hookinreds

hookinreds Hall of Fame

Which would explain the 13 yard cushion he he was give the WR all game. I really can't stand seeing a WR make a catch without a LB/DB/S in the freaking TV screen.

8. Pantherstang84

Pantherstang84 @rolisrgti06

Seriously DRob should write a book.

"How Make Enemies and Piss Off People"

9. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

He didn't have a PI or a holding call the whole game, that's a first.

10. hookinreds

hookinreds Hall of Fame

By definition, he would have to have been in the vicinity of the WR to actually make physical contact.

11. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

lol:

12. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

The Rams dedicated their offense to Dunta Robinson. I only got to see NFL RedZone but it was more than appearant that the Rams saw where there offensive production would come from. And the thing about it is, you can't blame that on the fact that Reeves or anyone else we have is a shut down corner. They just know Dunta is going to give up more yards.

13. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

I still can't believe all that money he turned down. Wow. And the only reason it was offered was becuase he was seen as a leader on defense. Now, not only has Dunta had a subpar season and will likely never see that kind of contract offer again, but Bernard Pollard has stepped in taken over the defense.

And, Dunta completely lost the fan base.

What a mess.

14. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

FWIW, the guys on the 1560 morning show were saying that David Gibbs changed the coverage technique and that Dunta isn't adapting well.

Kind of obvious I guess.

15. False Start

False Start On # 69

I was never a real big Dunta fan, but I did like him because he was the best CB we had back in the day. Now, I really hope hes not wearing a Texans jersey come 2010. I hope he signs with the Rams, Lions, Browns, or Bucs next season, that would make me happy. :)

16. BigTimeTexanFan

BigTimeTexanFan All Pro

That must explain receivers running by him as if he's on a leisurely jog and him taking the Matt Stevens tackling approach this year. I have been very unimpressed with his play this year. I can see from a players point of view in a contract year trying to protect yourself from injury, but not at the expense of costing yourself money by not playing well at all. I don't think he has it anymore.

17. DeMarCushPoll

DeMarCushPoll UDFA

Maybe he's doing his best to make the Texans won't franchise him again. If so, it's working.

18. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

I remember a certain bunch in here constantly defending Dunta before the season started saying that his hold out wasn't going to effect anything and that he would be fine once the season started and he was simply doing what was best for him to all of us that were so pissed at the way he acted during training camp and pre season. Boy did that blow up in their faces and spew all over ours. Dunta has sucked this year and he won't be getting any great contract next year with anyone. Holding out did you a lot of good didn't it Dunta? After this year you'll have no contract and you won't get anywhere near what you could have gotten. :roast:

19. BigTimeTexanFan

BigTimeTexanFan All Pro

If so, he needs to look at who is consulting him.

"Dunta, here's what were gonna do. This year you are going to play very poorly, I mean poor like pissing off your coaches, holding penalties, allowing receivers to run by you, not tackling, you get the picture. This way the Texans won't franchise you again. Now you will not see a contract anywhere close to what you turned down, but at least you won't be making 10 mil a year."

20. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

Im just real happy that RS did not bend on this one, franshise his ass and let him prove his worth. He didnt and we'll be better of player- and money-wise.

bye bye D-robber...