Texas Tech @ Texas A&M

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by TexansLucky13, Sep 30, 2006.

1. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

Should be a good one as the Red Raiders arrive at Kyle Field for a showdown at 2 o'clock. Both teams have played well thus far and I predict this game to be the best one yet. I am very excited about today. I expect us to cause a considerable number of false starts. We have ourselves a full house.

Prediction:

Aggies - 24
    Red Raiders - 17

Gig'em!

2. Snapple

Snapple Veteran

I can honestly say I don't know who will win this game. I could see either team winning.

A&M has the better record and homefield advantage, but they also haven't beaten anyone good, and they struggled badly against Army. Tech's usually great offense was held to 3 points by TCU, but they scored 62 points last week. That should build some confidence back and helped their offensive rhythm.

Close game, I would think. A&M needs to keep pounding the ball with their fatso RB.

3. texanskan

texanskan Veteran

aggy 27

sand aggy 24

4. FirstTexansFan

FirstTexansFan The Unknown Fan

We've struggled against Tech for a long time now. Throw in their high powered offense, and our seeming inability to stop even a lowly team like Army, and I don't feel good about our chances. The key will be keeping their offense off the field, and that means we need to establish the run and keep it rolling to eat the time off the clock. A win here means we may actually have a team this year, a loss, and we're right back to last years pitiful team. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst. I still think I must be a masochist, being a fan of both the Aggies and the Texans LOL

5. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

Maybe yall need to quit focusing on UT sooo much and start worrying about us now . . .

6. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

We aim to beat the strongest in the pack. You were sweating something awful when an Aggie came up with that INT that got reviewed, I know it.

Close game. No Aggie or Red Raider can say that the game was anything close to a gimme. Tech controlled the first half, we controlled the second. The decision of that game came down to the fact that our strong safety wasn't playing the pass in an obvious passing situation, it cost us a TD. All in all it was the most exciting game I have ever attended. 86,000 people.... and you could tell. I have never heard so much noise in my life when the Aggie came up with that INT near the end. It ended up not being an INT, but it still pumped up the decibals in that stadium. My ears are still ringing.

All in all, good game Tech. You have a good QB, but the only pass he completed longer than 10 yards was that final TD. He really can't throw deep at all. As for McGee.... he scared me. I hope he was having an off day. He didn't look pretty at all out there. Javorski Lane tore up the Tech defense pretty much all afternoon, though. I love that guy.

P.S. - This game is proof that A&M isn't just some team to write off. We didn't win, but we came damn close to it. Study up, Kansas.

7. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

It was a good game, ill agree to that and i was going crazy on the possible INT. Im just trying to get A&M fans to quit overlooking US and writing us off because we're not UT. Good luck the rest of the season!

8. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

I think everyone's overlooking OK State. Bobby Reid is finally healthy.

'Fore you give me more neg rep, I'm not saying anything about UT.

9. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Overlooking you? You're barely one of the top 6 teams in the Big 12. Texas is better than A&M. As is Oklahoma. And Texas Tech. And Nebraska.

10. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

Good game. The TD catch with 30 seconds remaining was sweet.

11. Txn_in_FL

Txn_in_FL Lucky 13

Good gme, Gig 'em!

12. painekiller

painekiller Hall of Fame

I am happy to see how good Justin Warren is. I have a new target guy for us to draft next year. He might slip to the 3rd round.

13. D-Vizzl

D-Vizzl Veteran

A & M had that game won until they stopped running with Lane, Tech was playing scared of that guy. Either way I say scoreboard, doesn't matter what ya'll think of T. Tech, we have the Ags # now. Bang Bang

14. FirstTexansFan

FirstTexansFan The Unknown Fan

My retort to this, you need to point that horses rear towards Austin, you guys are focused too much on US LOL

15. Huge

Huge Hall of Fame

Or 5th.

16. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

It was a fun game to be at. Going to a tailgate and game at Kyle with a beer at Dudley's is one of the best college football experiences anyone can have.

A competitive A&M is good for college football. What a friggin throw and catch.

17. Huge

Huge Hall of Fame

Aggies...God bless 'em.

[​IMG]

Texans Horror likes this.
  18. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

That's exactly what I often said when the Aggie in my family (a Lt. Col in the Marine Corps and graduate of Cy Fair HS and TAMU) was flying his F/A-18 over Iraq and Bosnia while dodging SAMS and AAA.

19. Houston_Fanatic

Houston_Fanatic Veteran

Good game. Lane looked good, McGee looked shaky at times.

20. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

A&M was beat by Tech at Kyle Field? How much longer before Franchione's execution?