Texas Hand-Shake

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Texans Horror, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

2. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Not surprising. The team with the #1 always at least toys with the idea of trading down, in order to make it ssound like its possible and get offers. I wouldn't be surprised if we do trade, but then again, I doubt any team will offer a large enough price and we end up staying at #1

3. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

Cass has been saying this exact same thing over and over on tv and radio for about the last 3 weeks or so. It is almost as if he is reading it off a que card.

4. TreWardTxn

TreWardTxn Veteran

Unless it's two #1s and two #2s i say stay where we're at...

5. The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides Hall of Fame

It's not like this is up-to-date news. Note the date of the article release. Feb. 27.

6. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

Good call on the date ... beat me to it.

The FO is just going through the motions at this point.

7. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

Whoops! Nice catch. Old hat, oh well. I still think Cass is going to give the Texans the ole Houston Handshake when this is all said and done. (I meant to say Houston, not Texas).

8. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

If the freshness date on topics for discussion is just two weeks, this board is going to get quiet very soon. No last season, no Rose Bowl, no Capers vs. Casserly, no combine talk in another week.....

9. The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides Hall of Fame

I don't know. Free Agenc is bound to start sooner rather than later. Hopefully it will on Thursday and we can talk about additions/subtractions when that happens. Whatever additions we get I'm sure will lead to even more debate on who we will/will not draft. People like to :stirpot:

10. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

I really doubt anyone gives up that much, and I wouldn't require them to either. I would be perfectly fine trading with the Jets to get the #4, #35, and next year's 2nd rounder, then we grab Mario Williams at #4. I would rather have Mario than Bush and I think he would make a bigger impact on our team, so making any kind of trade to #4 would ensure that we still get him and we would get a couple extra picks in return. If we're going to look at D'Brick or anyone else then I'd want a bigger deal like the one you suggested, but getting Mario and two extra 2nd round picks would be great with me.

11. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

4, 35, and next years 2nd is not nearly enough.

this is a special draft which means it should be a special trade. the least i would accept is the giants/chargers trade 2 years ago.

12. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

For Mario I'd accept #35 and next year's 2nd rounder. For someone like D'Brick or whoever else we'd maybe be targeting I would require a bigger trade like that, but Mario is my top guy and I'd be willing to take him at #1, so trading to #4 and getting those two 2nd rounders gets us my top guy at a cheaper price and still gets us two extra draft picks, so that's a win-win to me, but that's just how I view Bush, Mario, vs. everyone else.