Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma State

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by GlassHalfFull, Sep 24, 2011.

1. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Subscribed Contributor

Whoop!!!

I wish I was there. Just didn't work out for this weekend.

Go Ags!!!!

2. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

Go Cowboys!!! My dad is an alumni and took me to a bunch of games as a kid.

I remember a funny story when I was a teenager. My dad went to see them play. So I asked him how it went. He said "Ok I guess, they did win. But Thurman Thomas got hurt so they brought in this fresman named Barry Sanders. He's an ok player but he ain't no Thurman Thomas."

3. Ckw

Ckw Guest

That's classic!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Gig 'em Aggies!

4. Ckw

Ckw Guest

What a load of shit!

This Aggie coaching staff is so pathetic with their halftime adjustments. Where the hell is the pass rush? Where is the aggressive play?!? Horrible play calling, guys out of position, Jonathan Stewart making about the most bone-headed play I have ever seen hitting the guy when he was way out of bounds, etc.

:vincepalm:

5. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Justin Blackmon :facepalm:

6. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

Blackmon...:gun: Talent of a Leopard mixed with a cheetah but a brain of a small bird.

7. sakebomb

sakebomb Hall of Fame

Nice. LOL

8. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Subscribed Contributor

3rd quarter from hell. Tannehill was channeling JJ from last year.

9. axman40

axman40 Hall of Fame

Aggies need toughen up or they will be the red headed step child in the SEC.
    :vincepalm:

10. Ckw

Ckw Guest

I can't believe they gave that fat joke Mike Sherman an extension.

11. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

Not sure what the Cowboys were thinking on that 3rd down...

12. Ckw

Ckw Guest

The Aggies are going to get ****ed in the SEC. If they thought the Big XII was hard, they are going to think the SEC is hell.

Anyway, only the Aggies could find a way to **** things up like they did today.

I really wish I had been raised as a Texas fan...

13. TexansLucky13

Obviously they are going to have a rough time in the SEC but it's still a smart move in the long run. More money, better recruiting... the list goes on.

14. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder King of the Potato People

So did anyone else feel like they were watching the Kubiak coached Texans in this game? The Aggies start strong for a half, have a great running game, and then abandon the run in the second half. Just pathetic. We're supposed to have 2 1000 yard rushers in Gray and Michael, but neither one of them was the focus of the offense. Tannehill is not a great QB, he's a game manager who can make some decent throws, but not the kind of guy who can win the game for you. His accuracy is pretty bad, even on short throws, but he gets away with it because his WRs make plays. Pretty poor way to start off the season, looks like another 9-3 to me.

15. XI CMURDER IX

XI CMURDER IX Gig 'em

I agree, if any team goes to the SEC right now they would end up getting crushed for most of the season. Cream of the crop is in the SEC right now.

16. Fred

Fred All Pro

The SEC is tough? Gee, thanks Sherlock. I guess no one associated with A&M was aware of that. I'm sure they will accept Texoma and seven dwarves offer to stay thanks to your post. Seriously, if there are any top recruits in the state of Texas who want to play top level football but stay in state, A&M's quality of recruits is about to go straight up.

"only the Aggies.." obviously you have never seen a team called the Texans... Although if the Aggies coaching is so poor that the defense is completely unprepared for a no-huddle offense then it doesn't matter how good the recruits are.

"I really wish..." FOR SHAME! Go wash your mouth out with a maroon colored cowpie!

17. TexansLucky13

This was really the key for me. The Ags have plenty of talent... except amongst the coaching staff. Hopefully this will change soon.

18. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

I feel for you that grew up Aggies/Oilers fans. At least I have only been cursed on Sundays.

19. Ckw

Ckw Guest

It has been a cursed existence since I was a boy and was an Aggie/Oiler fan and now as an adult as an Aggie/Texan fan.

I don't have a clue what it feels like to cheer for a championship caliber football team. :crying:

20. Stemp

Stemp Brew Master

Was at that game and it felt like all the times we've seen the Texans collapse against the colts, except Payton wasn't playing. I just couldn't understand why A&M couldn't figure out how to defend the hurryup and why they couldn't get lined up in time. It was frustrating to watch.