Texas A&M QB Jerrod Johnson's story is best you've never heard

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by pbat488, Oct 1, 2009.

1. pbat488

pbat488 gig 'em

I thought that this was a great story about more than just the football side of life for Jerrod Johnson. After reading it and learning more about him, it makes me very proud to have him here at A&M!! WHOOP!!

Here's the rest of the story..

2. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

I have been impressed by Johnson ever since I first saw him play at A&M his freshman year. Even though he didn't get many touches you could just tell how great an athlete he was.

He seems to have everything you look for in a QB.

3. CoastalTexan

CoastalTexan Veteran

Not saying the guy isn't good, but John P... Lopez should have waited a couple weeks to print the article, naming stats against the Aggies cream puff opponents doesn't give him much credit. But it will be interesting to see how he does against some legit teams this year.

4. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

starting this weekend against Arkansas will be a good time to see how JJ holds up.

5. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Looks like Johnson is legit but ran into a tough Arkansas team. Best of luck to the Ags (especially against OU)...except when they play the 'Horns.

6. SteveSlaton20

SteveSlaton20 All Pro

this joke couldn't even go two sentences without making a mistake.

7. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Johnson is legit. His team is not.

8. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

you're right on both, but Sherman is showing he can recruit well as his predecessor could not.

they're on the right track.

9. Heath Shuler

Heath Shuler worst 2 1st

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/aggies/2009/10/at-least-aggies-johnson-is-gro.html

NitroGSXR likes this.
  10. Ckw

Ckw Guest

Personally, I really believe Jerrod is a spectacular QB. It's too bad he is stuck behind A&M's line. For anyone that just looked at the stat sheet and didn't watch the game, Jerrod was running for his life the entire game. A&M's OTs are some of the worst I have ever seen in a football game. It was a complete and total joke.

11. pbat488

pbat488 gig 'em

Our true freshman LT Barrera got absolutely demolished out there last night. It was tough to watch that game past the half way mark of the 1st quarter but I made it to the end of the 3rd then had to start drinking more heavily.

I have to say though, if Tannehill doesn't drop that wide open TD pass early in the game with a 10-7 lead, this is a very different game. That play, happening right after the Arkansas touchdown, finished the complete change in momentum towards Arkansas favor and it was all downhill from there.

12. Ckw

Ckw Guest

Totally agree but both tackles, Barrera and even Grimes (I think was at RT), were AWFUL! It seemed like every play all Arkansas had to do was bring a four man rush and the DEs could just race right around A&M's tackles. It was really disturbing.

13. Fox

Fox All Pro

The line was getting absolutely demolished, but at some point in the 2nd half JJ completely lost confidence in the OL and would scramble to the sideline almost immediately, regardless of pass rush. He's a talented young player, but he's still got some maturing to do.

14. Ckw

Ckw Guest

Yeah, I saw that, but what else could he do? Every play he was getting smashed and running for his life, so I really don't think anything was mentally wrong. The way the line was playing Jerrod scrambling was the only chance A&M had to win the game. I really don't even think the Texans line ever looked as bad as that Aggie offensive line.

15. Fox

Fox All Pro

Yea, the line was extraordinarily crappy but the coaches and JJ need to work together to get some quick slants or screens. Something to combat the rush other than 1. roll right 2. throw out of bounds or in bounds with poor accuracy 3. rinse and repeat. The OL was horrible, but I have enough faith in Sherman and JJ that I believe they can come up with better than what they did with the passing game in the 2nd half.