Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TexansTalk featured in ESPiN.com's "Overreaction Nation"

TexanExile

A New Hope
It's a subtle jab, but in good fun, and I think it shows that some of our own exuberance is more than matched by other fans around the country.

And it IS a "special place" here.

Here's the article. Fast-forward to the last paragraph for the reference.

Thanks for bringing that out since it explains the server crash earlier. We are getting nailed with traffic. BTW, we are going to be moving into an upgraded server within the next 2 days. The current server just can't take this load anymore. This is just one of the problems that comes with winning.

The jab is too subtle to be effective.

Actually, it has been VERY effective in terms of traffic. People are just going to click that link just out of curiosity.

Thanks for bringing that out since it explains the server crash earlier. We are getting nailed with traffic. BTW, we are going to be moving into an upgraded server within the next 2 days. The current server just can't take this load anymore. This is just one of the problems that comes with winning.

Actually, it has been VERY effective in terms of traffic. People are just going to click that link just out of curiosity.

Sending thank you notes to Mr. Jackson yet?

All the same, congrats on the well-deserved nod.

People are just going to click that link just out of curiosity.

Awwww...and us without some elaborate Romania-based identity stealer scam in place. There goes the jackpot.

Seriously, batten down the hatches. Here comes a new wave of drive-by posters! :pirate:

Leahmic: yep. take a look at the comments posted at ESPN's site in response to that article. Their own readers hammer them badly for the overreaction claims...even breaking out the :potkettle: comment!

this would explain the hour blackout that just happened, all those "Overreaction Nation" bloggers logging in :user:

Reps to many of the above posts. :whip:

The Texans are definitelly getting more and more attentions.
I bet we're gonna have some traffic congestion in the coming days. :texflag:

Sending thank you notes to Mr. Jackson yet?

Actually I should send him a bill. Everytime I have server issues it cost me money. I am also getting ready to almost triple my monthly server cost with this upgrade (not really complaining or I wouldn't do it btw).

The jab at the end must have had something to do with the thread where one of our homers was asking if we might make it to the Super Bowl.

We must have sounded like Possum Holler fans.

The jab at the end must have had something to do with the thread where one of our homers was asking if we might make it to the Super Bowl.

We must have sounded like Possum Holler fans.

It'd suck to be that poster.....quickly runs search on all HOU-TEX posts... :shades:

I can't find where he mentions TexansTalk.

Jackson_Kevin_55.jpg
<---what a goober

They are also disappointed that we don't think like them.

We completely ignore the "Woe is the QB that starts behind that Oline." comments they made. Not only that what did they say about Schaub when we got him... "Not going to help much when you don't have a oline."

Now what did I hear on NFL Live today... "Its amazing what your team can do when you have a Oline..." uh...this is pretty much the same line from last year, really its amazing when there isn't a sack magnet that plays behind the Oline.

They are disappointed that the fans of their respective teams IMO I think know more about their team than they do. A lot of us ARE NOT suprised by our play, maybe we are suprised by how much we dominated though the past two games.

No one is overreacting here (well not most) we are just riding with the tide. 2 games played, 2 games dominated. It is what it is and like they like to bring up 2-0 teams have about a 65% of making the playoffs, 0-2 teams...eh not so much.

I am sorry their darling Saints are not doing damage this year, don't take it out on us.

And about teams feeling their season is over, I can understand those guys. Its not coming from 2 games, its coming from past games. The Panther fans are worried because they have always been losing at home, they are sick of that. They don't feel nothing has changed so the panic button is close to being pushed. Chiefs fans know about a Herm offense. Saints fans are used to having their team have a good year every 15 years or so, they should have whooped the Bucs but it went the other way...I think some teams have all the right in the world to push the panic button after 2 games.

Yes there are 14 games left, but nothing indicates they are going to turn it around in 14 games.

Jeez . . all this because we're 2-0? 'Overreaction' sums it up.

Hey Hookem, if you don't mind me askin . . what kinda server are you using now, and what are you upgrading to?

Just a curious IT guy wondering?

Hey Hookem, if you don't mind me askin . . what kinda server are you using now, and what are you upgrading to?

Just a curious IT guy wondering?

We are on a dedicated server with Texans Talk being the main domain. There are a couple of more domains on this server but none of them are even close to the traffic we are getting here.

We are currently on a AMD Athlon XP 2200 - 2GB RAM. Today this server at the time it almost crashed maxed out at over 35 CPU. I am averaging loads of over 10 CPU during afternoon hours. As you know over 5 CPU is too much.

We are going to be moving into an AMD Opteron 1218 (2.6 Ghz Processor) - 2GB RAM. My server admin guy assured me that I should have no CPU load issues with this new server. I think it has 4 times the processing power as the current server. I probably could have gotten away with a less powerful server but I don't want to have to migrate again if this thing grows even bigger. Migrating is a pain and cost money. I just ordered this server today and if they can get it online this evening I will start the migration process tonight.

Back