Texans will beat Titans.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Nighthawk, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Nighthawk

Nighthawk All Pro

I'd prefer that David stunk up the joint just to be certain that last nail goes in his coffin around here, but I don't think it's going to happen. The Titans a flying too high, Vince has been too good for a couple of weeks. Time for a fallback. He'll toss a bunch of interceptions and not be able to get loose and pick up those half dozen extra first downs. And we'll win going away. Carr will live to play another day, another three weeks at least. Kubiac will pick up another potential starting QB in the offseason and Carr will have to work for his spot next year. My money says he'll win the position and then disappoint again, like this year. Then he'll be replaced. Way too late.

2. TK_Gamer

TK_Gamer Hall of Fame

Well kubiak kinda had to give Carr a chance under new leadership in order to get the head coach job. but he will insure their is ample evidence that Carr is not the guy. then there is the issue of the contract extention. from a business standpoint Carr will remain a Texan for one more year regardless. I look to see Carr only starting half way thru the season next year unless something magical happens and Carr shows he is the guy without the support of the fans and the front office. he will have to make plays on his own, win games on his own. I'm not even sure he has that lattitude as far as calling plays at the line or audibles. I wish him the best.

thunderkyss likes this.
  3. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Are we gonna replace him with Jesus Christ or his Father? It takes 11.

4. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

You're a true fan. :rolleyes:

5. DontTreadOnMe

DontTreadOnMe Rookie

"I'd prefer that David stunk up the joint just to be certain that last nail goes in his coffin around here, but I don't think it's going to happen."

you suck man, who actually roots for their QB to "stink up" HIS OWN STADIUM??? carr is going to be our qb for the next few years, GET OVER IT!! granted, he hasnt been great at all this season, but with a horrible running game and bad pass protection, its hard for me to imagine anybody excelling with the texans... crap dude, i guess i dont understand how somebody who is obviously a fan (im making that assumption because you post on the team's offical website) can root for the most important piece of your team to fail... oh well, you should probably root for some other team,.. its alot easier that way.. buh-bye

6. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I certainly do not want Roger Carr behind center. But then again we could probably pay him league minimum to hand the ball off and throw dump offs since Casserly and Ferens are gone.

Runner likes this.
  7. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

Yes, apparently it takes David Carr and 10 Pro Bowlers. But that's not very realistic, is it?

8. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

From today's Chronicle...........

If we don't force 1 false start against the Titans, we should realize we are to blame if we lose.

9. kingh99

kingh99 Guest

I agree with your take of how this will play out for this game and Carr's career here. McNair will ride him until he's gotten his money out of him. And we will ride him until he's gone. Great way to run a business.

10. kingh99

kingh99 Guest

He doesn't suck. He cares. People who suck continue to eat this plate of warmed over stuff.

11. Texanfan4ever

Texanfan4ever All Pro

I wouldn't count David out on this one. He has a way of pulling it out when necessary and things are on the line, matter of fact, the whole team does. And if it was EVER necessary, it is Sunday.

Just when you think he is through, he comes back. Tennessee to Giants and then Jacksonsville would be an example.

It will either be real good or real bad. I am betting on the "good" but it makes me really nervous.

By the way, why do the gamblers (whatever you call the guys that make the predictions) have us winning? Have they gone mad? LOL

12. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I agree with that sentiment. Those of us that will be there as Texans fans first, need to take that charge and execute with the noise makers God, Evolution or nothingness gave us.

13. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

i have a feeling we'll lose.

14. vinceyoungfan

vinceyoungfan Rookie

yeah you're probably right :cool:

15. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

This may be the most confident I have felt in predicting a win. We win this game 27-14. VY will have problems holding onto the ball and we will win the turnover game. I see the defense coming early and often and look forward to many 1x1 matchups with VY and the NFL's leading solo tackler, Demeco, in open space.

16. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

I like the way you roll Kaiser!

17. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

We were 2-14 last year and are an ugly 4-8 this year. Please define "when necessary" and "things on the line" for me. I don't think this team responds well at all on a consistent basis. They times they step up are few and far between.

18. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

i wish i could be so optimistic. VY has been impressive of late, our d-line hasn't been getting enough pressure on the qb (IMO) to effect VY's game. On the days that our Dline gets enough pressure, they stop the run like my boxers stop a fart.

We all know how carr's been playing lately, so i don't need to talk about that.

19. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

I would be happy with 200 yards 2 TDs no fumbles and no INT's,I also think Mathis breaks one this week( run for TD, not toe). And I think our D is going to be stout. If I had to guess I would say it will be close but we squeak out a 27-21 win.

20. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Do you think our Defense will score that many points? Our offense hasn't shown any reason for us to think they'd score that much.