Texans will beat the Chiefs and here is why:

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TheRealJoker, Aug 22, 2007.

1. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d801adf58&template=with-video&confirm=true

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- His 25-day holdout made Larry Johnson the most highly paid player in Kansas City Chiefs history. The Pro Bowl running back is not sure, however, if it will make him ready for a full role in the season opener.

Asked Wednesday if he thought he'd be 100 percent ready by Sept. 9 when the Chiefs open at Houston, Johnson said, "No, it'll take a little bit more than that."

:doot:

2. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I agree, if we can get a couple of doots on our side, we will walk away with a win. :doot: :doot:

3. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Does this mean he'll rush for only 100 yards instead of 150? Regardless, I still like our chances even if he was 100%. Damon Huard or Brodie Croyle starting doesn't exactly strike fear in opposing defenses. And KC's offensive line is depleted with the loss/retirement of some of their old mainstays.

4. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

Yeah, but they also lost Black, that should make them better..............

5. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Their best defensive player isn't playing either...and if we get Wesley im sure we'll interrogate him to find out their defensive gameplans just like the Bills did to Lawyer Milloy before they annihilated the Patriots on opening day a few years back.

6. AZwhoopr

AZwhoopr Rookie

Ha if they don't have LJ for the game vs. us I have no doubt in my mind that we'll win this one lol. LJ is a crucial part of their offense. Especially since they're QB status isn't exactly the best in the league. I'd be much prouder of our team if we beat em with LJ playing though. That'd pump me up!:whip:

EDIT: Misread thinking that it said he might not play. Oh well lol.

7. Texanmike02

Texanmike02 Site Contributor

Larry Johnson at "not quite full strength" > our running backs... so I'm hoping you're not suggesting that we're going to win based on comparing the running games.

Mike

8. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

I actually think the absense in TC will help keep him fresh. Historically after a 400+ carry season RB's are depleted. It'd be a BIG bonus if they can get Priest Holmes back this year.

KC needs to bite the bullet and Herm Edwards needs to say it. REBUILDING. I jsut don't see them havinga big year unless someone in that WR corps steps up and they somehow manage to plug the holes left by retirement in the OL and McIntosh's injury. Doesn't help Jared Allen is suspended upfront on the DL for 4 games.

9. JohnsonFan

JohnsonFan All Pro

i dunno LJ is good nothing we can do about it he can be at 80 percent and run ppl over or at 100 and run ppl over

10. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

I don' think LJ being 85% fit is going to make much difference, he knows the system already and they have ok RB depth to give him a breather.

Bigger issues for them are QB inexperience, OL depth and talent, and continued defense inadequacies plus Herm Edwards quetionable game management.

I am confident that we win this one.

:fans:

11. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Even if LJ do not play, Priest Holmes and Michael Bennett combined could more than make up.

12. sakebomb

sakebomb Hall of Fame

I would rather end up like the Pats in that scenario. Didn't they go on to win the Super Bowl?

13. nfl-brit

nfl-brit Groovy, baby!

Sadly, I must agree with Mike. LJ can threaten at less than 100%. And with their dreadful options at QB, you know he'll have the rock all night long!

At least our LBs will know who they're looking for at most of the snaps. To win, we'll have to force them to throw.

14. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Priest may not be there either, as his "return" is questionable. I would take for granted that LJ will be back in full force, and game plan to that end. Our DL has injuries that will undoubtedly compromise us on opening day, and the noninjured members for the most part have not shown what we would like to have seen thus far. All in all, we've been respectable with our run defense, but will it hold up with a motor like LJ? And if they manage to contain the KC run game with the concentration of players on or near the line, will the secondary hold up to even an occasional passing "surprise" (luck or otherwise) that KC's mediocre QB is bound to show them? Maybe, we'll get a better idea after the Girlies' game.

15. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Totally agree !

16. bigbrewster2000

bigbrewster2000 4th Infantry

Are their QB options dreadful? Huard looked good in his time last year, granted I haven't paid any attention to them this year but, I still have a hard time believing this game is going to be a walk over. No team in the NFL is. I guess I will be paying attention to the Cheifs game this week, Croyle will get the start.

17. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

The Texans defense strikes fear in no one except for their fans.

Signed,
    Mark Brunell
    totally fierce quarterback

18. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

That's cold, T_C.
    :)

19. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Plus it is Liberty White Day and everyone in the stands will be wearing white. How are they going to deal with that?:bat:

Although I was never sure if it worked at Miami Heat games.

20. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Looks to me like Priest is a longshot to even make the team. I think he's in the same boat Dom Davis was in last year.

He can't get off the PUP list and is questionable for the regular season.

LJ's gonna play.