Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans:What sterotype do you want us to not be associated with?

Wolf

100% Texan
my hopes and I may be crazy,but after this season I hope we have a new identity.

I don't want to be called Denver Texans or Houston Broncos

I also don't want to be called the "west coast offense"(dont' know why and maybe a Texas pride thing)

also with McNair gone... is any player from the Oiler days still with the team?? if not can we let it go that the titans are titans now?

anyone else with some pet peaves?

Wolf said:
my hopes and I may be crazy,but after this season I hope we have a new identity.

I also don't want to be called the "west coast offense"(dont' know why and maybe a Texas pride thing)

also with McNair gone... is any player from the Oiler days still with the team?? if not can we let it go that the titans are titans now?

As far as "West Coast Offense" goes, it's just an offensive philosophy. I was sick of the names, "Denver Texans", "Houston Broncos", "Denver Broncos South", etc. from the git go!

Wolf said:

Shedding the expansion, door mat loser identity will be nice. All the Texans need to do is start winning and playing competitive ball and they will earn respect. We have only been around for 4 seasons so I think we can change our image rather quickly, unlike other franchises that have been perennial losers for years like the Saints, etc.

As far as the Toilers go, the answer is no, it was never about the players. The Titans will NEVER be just another team. They will always be the team that turned their backs and screwed us fans. They will always be my most hated team. There are fans in Brooklyn that still hate the Dodgers so I don't see this changing anytime soon.

They could call us the Houston Broncos or the Denver Texans. I want to get rid of the stereotype that we're just bottom feeders and that we're still an expansion team.

TexanSam said:
They could call us the Houston Broncos or the Denver Texans. I want to get rid of the stereotype that we're just bottom feeders and that we're still an expansion team.

Did you read the posts above you????

Call it the Gulf Coast Offense.

I heard we were the leagues doormat the other day. Ummm, yeah... I will be fine with never hearing that one again!

Tailgate said:
I heard we were the leagues doormat the other day. Ummm, yeah... I will be fine with never hearing that one again!
Tailgate I've heard worse I have to work with mostly redskins fans. When I riddled of our first six or seven oppt. this year most were on the floor laughing. Most where saying 0-7. Who are the Texans taking with next years 1st pick. on and on and on all day. Can't wait for Kub's and company to get on the field I want to see this team in action. I dont want to be the league joke anymore.

Tedc said:
Did you read the posts above you????

Call it the Gulf Coast Offense.

Yes I did. Houston Broncos and Denver Texans doesn't bother me. Same with the West Coast Offense thing. I just want to get rid of the stereotype that goes along with being the worst team in the NFL.

Wolf said:

How about "winners" like the Cowboys during their glory days or like the New York Giants when they had Lawrence Taylor, I've to admit that I really dislike the Cowboys, let me rephrase that I really hate them but I respect what they did.

Wolf said:

You bring in Kubiak who brings in a system that he copied from his previous team, then he brings in the assistant GM from Denver as well as a TE and his buds and you DON'T expect to be called the Denver Texans, Houston Broncos or Denver Lite?

Titan "Tack" Fan said:
Yeah a lot of people need to get over the Titans. They moved 9 years ago and you have a new team.
Personally, I don't actually hate the team. I hate the owner.

In a way I feel sorry for titan fans. You have one of the worst owners in the league. One with a history of yanking a team away from a city that loved it's team. Don't think for a second that he won't do it to you guys, if the right opportunity presents it's self.

As for the Tennesse fans. Hard to tell how good of fans they really are. So far the Titans have enjoyed years of winning. It will be interesting to see how they react when the two recent losing seasons suddenly become four years of losing seasons.

anyone else with some pet peaves?[/QUOTE]

I believe McNair was the last Oiler. Rolle, the cornerback, I believe got cut last year or the year before. He was a rookie the last year the Oilers were in Houston. Oh... and I don't count players who came to the Oilers when they were the Memphis Oilers.

As long as our Texans are winning, I don't care what people call them.

Wolf said:

Yea there are too many QB coaches around here.:shades: :)

Back