Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans vs. Steelers Game

If they use that game to give Kittner the time he suddenly needs, we'll be fine, but we just got the only preseason win I could've possibly cared about. Just get everybody out healthy!

I can't wait this game! I got tickets in row 12, right behind Houston's bench. Before the game, do you think there is any chance what so ever that I will be able to talk to anyone while they are warming up. I mean 1 Texans fan out of 70,000 Steelers fans, at least one player is going to have to notice that.

Make that 2 Texan fans !! .. ++ a bunch of crazies from the Cleveland area who are natural Steeler haters ..:hehe: .. We will represent!

The Steelers, coming off a poor 6-10 season, enter the 2004 preseason with few additions, lots of subtractions and lots of questions.
So here's hoping for a good showing by the Texans ... AND furthermore we got their Bruener, who is looking sharp!. :thumbup
Pittsburgh will miss him .. from his bio.. "helped Pittsburgh average 2,142 rushing yards per season over his nine years"

as long as there are no injuries i really could care less if we win a preseason game against the steelers...imo i'd rather us lose the game with no injuries than us win the game and have two guys out

I think we can go in and win. The Steelers just don't come off to me as a team that is better than the Texans. It'll probably be pretty close, but I think we can come out of it with another win. I was really impressed with the offense but even more so with the defense :boxing: ...very good game last night.

It's only preseason so it's really a crapshoot but I'm favoring the Texans in every game they play this year. I guarantee the Texans feel the same way. They're fearless. Barring injuries I see a dangerous team with few weaknesses and improved depth. Carr should turn the corner this season and take his team with him. I feel particularly sorry for the Chargers in Week 1. Not.

I haven't been impressed by the Steelers since the end of the Steel Curtain days and they don't scare me now. This will be a good game to keep an eye on Dunta.

I favor the Texans too, but it is just a preseason game so the winner really comes down to 3rd string vs 3rd string. I think early on the Texans will show a great passing game due in part to the weakness of the Steelers secondary. The Steelers will probably get more pressure on the QB than the Cowboys did, but Seth Wand did look impressive last night. However, Rothelisburger looked pretty good in his last game as well, and he'd be facing our 2nd or 3rd string Corners and Safetys so they might ink out a win. I just hope both sides come out healthy.

This will be good work for us because our very 1st game is against a team that will use the 3-4 as well as the Raiders a month later. Other than that it has no meaning what so ever.

SESupergenius said:
This will be good work for us because our very 1st game is against a team that will use the 3-4 as well as the Raiders a month later. Other than that it has no meaning what so ever.

The Chargers switched to a 3-4 also.

keyfro said:
as long as there are no injuries i really could care less if we win a preseason game against the steelers...imo i'd rather us lose the game with no injuries than us win the game and have two guys out

Thats exactly how most Steeler fans feel as well. :popcorn: :thumbup

texasguy346 said:
I favor the Texans too, but it is just a preseason game so the winner really comes down to 3rd string vs 3rd string. I think early on the Texans will show a great passing game due in part to the weakness of the Steelers secondary. The Steelers will probably get more pressure on the QB than the Cowboys did, but Seth Wand did look impressive last night. However, Rothelisburger looked pretty good in his last game as well, and he'd be facing our 2nd or 3rd string Corners and Safetys so they might ink out a win. I just hope both sides come out healthy.

I think we have the advantage while the starters are in the game. I believe the really interesting part will happen in the 3rd and 4th quarters. I believe we good depth at the DL, LB's and CB. SS is a little weak but not bad. The offensive side I will have to wait and see. I am not sure about the Steelers 2nd string defensive players.

I like our chances too but I wouldn't care if we lost. I think Carr & Co. will be playing almost an entire half this game vs. Steelers and possibly the Broncos as well. That's what Charley Casserly said.

Hello Everyone :yap :yap

I have known for years that Mark Bruener is a fantastic Player. Now, all of Texas knows it too. He is the ultimate TEAM player. He will do you proud. I will also be at the game at Heinz field. I live in the Pittsburgh area but I am Mark Bruener's #1 fan. I have cheered for the Steelers for years. Now, You have the BEST player and I am a TEXANS fan all the way. :headbang:
GO MARK #87 GO TEXANS
It is an honor to be a Texan fan All the Best MarkB#1fan

If I'm not mistaken Oakland will use both the 3-4 and the 4-3. Depending upon the situation. I'm sure SD will be a 3-4 base regardless with Phillips as the D-Coordinator. Oakland, however, is trying to mimmick the Patriots defense. Not sure how successful they'll be with it, but you can't blame them for trying.

texasguy346 said:
If I'm not mistaken Oakland will use both the 3-4 and the 4-3. Depending upon the situation. I'm sure SD will be a 3-4 base regardless with Phillips as the D-Coordinator. Oakland, however, is trying to mimmick the Patriots defense. Not sure how successful they'll be with it, but you can't blame them for trying.
Right, Raider Def. Coord. Rob Ryan came over from the Pats. He'll move OLB/DE DeLawrence Grant up or down depending on the situation. Ryan is also the son of Buddy Ryan, so I bet he has some elements of the 46 defense in his playbook as well.

Wade Phillips has run 43 defenses as well as the 34 and has said that he plans to mix things up, also. As you said, teams are imitating the Pats. I don't know how successful they will be, either. But, I'm glad the Texans are playing these teams early in the schedule before they get a chance to gel as a unit.

I think the thing New England has on its side that allows it to be so creative defensively is the versatility of its players. I'm not sure Oakland has that versatility, and I'm pretty sure that SD doesn't have it at all. However, if they can get pressure on the QB with their front 7, it will make that young secondary of theirs look much better.

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but I overheard something on ESPN about having draft picks refuse to go to a team, and then the team relocates sometime later. For example John Elway and the Baltimore Colts. He refused to sign, was traded to Denver, and a few years later the Colts moved to Indy. Or Steve Francis and the Grizzlies. Same situation...traded to the Rockets, and then the Grizzlies move from Vancouver to Memphis. There was another one or two mentioned but I can't recall right now. Does this means SD might be moving soon? I think its definitely a possibility in the next 3 or 4 years.

The players are going to try to show their best in the preseason so they can either keep their jobs or win one. No one is safe from losing their starting job if they don't show up during the preseason. Good example would be Wong. The coaches found out that they have more explosiveness when Babin and Peek are playing at the same time. They are going to move Wong Inside to rotate with Forman and back up Sharper. :crazy:

I think the thing New England has on its side that allows it to be so creative defensively is the versatility of its players.

Yeah, and Belichick. I read in Sports Illustrated that he was at LSU with Nick Saban right after the Super Bowl scheming up new defensive looks. He's come up with a hybrid between the Cover 2 defense and the Cover 4. The defense gives the look of a cover 2 and then transforms into the cover 4. He is just always trying to come up with new looks.

This stinks! I would be in burgh' this weekend, but I have to go to San Diego for business. The Lil' Bull will be there in the family's season tickets, and said he is going to wear his Texans gear! I wish I could be one of a few fans there. Last time, I was one of two fans there, and I took them all on at Heniz field, along with the Texans. Hey, I'm here and so are the Texans......You guess who won! :headbang:

Most Steeler fans can't wait for the end of Cowher's coaching career. He takes a beatdown on a regular basis from them.
But then again, no one will ever measure up to the greatest coach in Steeler history.. Chuck Noll.
His dynasty with the Steel Curtain will never be matched again.

Kris came to Houston via Pittsburgh...FA .. Yeah, sure thing .. forgot about that "Auntie DiapHer"! lol
Another gain for the Texans and loss for the Steelers. :spot:

Back