Texans vs. Ravens in the Superdome, New Orleans?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by J-Russ, Sep 13, 2008.

1. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/13/ravens-texans-in-new-orleans/

2. GP

GP Go Texans!

Wow.

I mean...wow.

THAT would be weird. But, I guess I'd take it if it avoids re-scheduling and losing our originally-scheduled bye week.

3. Mailman

Mailman Pwned by Hakeem

Hell yeah. I rather have the game relocated to East Texas than South Oklahoma.

4. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Host the Game in NO. Donate the profits to Hurricane Relief. Move on with the next week. problem fixed

5. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

What profit? The game will most likely be free to NO residents, to draw in a crowd, like they did with the saints when they played in SA. Considering its on short notice and it's not the Saints, how many people are going to buy tickets for it?

6. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Just heard on KHOU that the game will be played on Nov. 9th. The Cincinati game will be moved from that date to our regularly scheduled bye week (nov. 24th?), Baltimore/Texans will not happned until Nov. 9th.

7. Hardcore Texan

By the way if you have DirecTV, Channel 361 is showing KHOU news (local news in Houston), at least in Austin it is, that's where I got the info.

8. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

They were showing KHOU here in Corpus also. That was a nice touch by Direct TV and KHOU.

9. Hardcore Texan

10. Hardcore Texan

So what happens to Cincy's bye week, since they have to play us on theirs, this throws them off a week too plus another team.

11. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

Prolly goes back around to the Ravens somehow.

12. Stemp

Stemp Brew Master

Cincy's bye week becomes the week they were supposed to play us. (Nov. 6)

13. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

I'm alittle PO at the FO about that. I mean if you played it in SA or Austin we we've gone. They had a chance to play it at Rice also. ATL or NO would've been fine. An early bye week doesn't help this team down the road.... eh whatever.

14. Hook'er

Hook'er Veteran

......so this is our bye week, I'm cool with that!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  15. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

Yea, needless to say the Ravens fans are ravage about this. Read some of the comments on the PFT site. I'm alittle upset about this too, I mean why can't we just play it else where? I know the players and coaches probably wouldn't mind, the NFL even try to help us by making the game a monday night game, but McNair REFUSED to play anywhere but Houston. ugh. Thanks for the early bye week Bob!

16. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

This is the HOUSTON Texans. Our team is not the Baltimore Texans, New Orleans Texans, Atlanta Texans, or Dallas Texans. Why should our fan base lose a game. I think keeping the game in Houston is the only call.

17. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

You're acting like Houston is losing their team forever. Why should the players/coaches, both teams have a competitive disadvantage because of this? And why should the Ravens and Bengals be punish for this aswell? This might be ok for the people in Houston, but how would you feel if you were the other team, and you had to adjust because of the Texans?

18. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

You know what, I'm glad Bob McNair took the stand he did. He's looking out for HIS team. To lose even one home game when your trying to take that next step in the process of building a winner in Houston would be unacceptable. Kudos to you Mr. McNair for fighting for the Texans.:texflag:

19. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

First of all. if I am Bob McNair why would I care about how the Ravens or Bengals feel about this situation? Why should I care what the Ravens or Bengals fans think. If I am Bob McNair I care what the people of Houston think. These are my customers. These are the people that support the team. These are the people that buy hats, jerseys, and tickets. Ravens and Bengals fans don;t do this. So, what sense would it make to take a game away from MY fan base and move it elsewhere?

Furthermore, think about this. Not everyone can afford season tickets. There are likley fans who bought a single game ticket to see the Texans play the Ravens. Why should they lose their only chance to see the game live just to better the lives of the Baltimore and Cincy fans.

I applaud Mr. McNair for doing the right thing.

Bob McNair likes this.
  20. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

I suppose you're right, like they say at work the customers are always right and they should come first. But I'm going to look at this from a competitive standpoint, and I'm still displease with this decision. It isn't like Texans fans wouldn't travel to SA or Rice to watch this game. But hey maybe we needed an early bye week anyways, considering how we play the first week of the season.