Texans vs Raiders

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by thunderkyss, Oct 4, 2011.

1. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

The Raiders started off strong, sort of. The Beat Denver, lost to Buffalo, they beat the Jets, lost to New England.

Darren McFaden is finally having his break out year. We've shown a lack of an ability to effectively stop the run. So, we're worried.

I decided to look at some other stats, nothing fancy, just wanted to see where the Raiders defense was. They are 29th in total D.

I was shocked. I remember Nnamdi being back their & the Raiders fielding a "decent" defense for the last several years. But they are 27th against the pass... Matt should finally have a good day, even without Andre.

They are 29th against the run. Now you know Arian is going to have a good day... Eric Winston will probably win his pro-bowl right there, & a new star Ogbanaya will be born. Unless Ward gets healthy... heck, if you can imagine a one two punch with Ward & Arian, the Raiders may never get the ball.

2. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Thing is, when playing Bills and NE, you have to sell out to stop the pass.

Without AJ, they can sell out to stop the run. Will be interesting to see how one dimensional we become and if that bolsters the poor Oak defense.

They remind me of the Texans last year (stellar rush offense, no defense)

3. srrono

srrono Hall of Fame

we played OAK last year without AJ, and Foster went off big

4. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

I was going to make a similar point about us. It seems like we have decided to allow a greater chance at gaining yards on the ground by playing it safe against the pass, since we have played some teams who do more damage through the air. I think we will use an extra guy in the box against Run DMC. He is a great player, but I'm not overly worried about it.

5. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

agree, and if anything this defense is worse that it was a year ago with no Aso. My guess is we have lots of success running the ball early and that opens it all up for Jacoby and Walter

6. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

After from what i've seen from our other WRs i'd be shocked if we didn't sign someone this week.

7. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

our running gmae has been so good that we havent had to even see what the other WRs have. I mean yeah AJ is always gonna get the ball but thats like an addict hitting the pipe.

8. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Meh.... We've beat Oakland w/o AJ before. We've beaten Oakland when AJ played and was a non-factor.. So, AJ not playing Sunday is somewhat irrelevant. It comes down to Oakland's "D" v. Arian and conversely our "D" v. Darren McFadden..

When the schedule came out, I had us at 4-2 to 3-3 in our first six games. That swing game (3-3 v. 4-2) was this Oakland game... I had us losing @ Nawlens. I had us losing @ Baltimore and worried about this game.

It should be fun. Irrespective of the outcome this Sunday, we'll be fine heading into our last ten games.

9. silentassassin

silentassassin Veteran

Prepare to be shocked. I seriously doubt they're going to bring anyone in. They'll activate David Anderson and carry on.

10. JamesBill

JamesBill Veteran

With only one half of play.

11. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

They are 32nd based on ypc.

12. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I think OD is hoping the Raiders focus on running game. I predict Walter will have a very good day. I think historically we have done pretty well against big time RBs.

13. GP

GP Go Texans!

This game will be decided by which team's TE has the better day.

14. dinkatoid

dinkatoid Veteran

Their top corner is still pretty good, but I think that their CB2 and Huff (S) are injured, so they are pretty depleted on the back end. Whoever Routt is on will have to fight a bit, but the guy on the other side should be free. Oakland actually has a great D line and can bring good pressure, but they also seem very vulnerable to the TE (who isn't?) I assume if they sell out on the run, the play action will eat them alive.

I think this game is all going to come down to ball control. Both teams will focus on stopping the run, and as long as we don't let their speedy WRs get behind us, it should come down to who can run more time off the clock.

15. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

click, click

16. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

It seems like we've played better against opposing tight ends this year than in previous years for sure though, lol. I remember last year playing the waiver wire in fantasy for every opposing TE playing the Texans and them usually getting at least 10 points for me every week. The only TE that really burned us was Jimmy Graham, but i think that was more of the QB throwing him the ball.

17. Rey

Rey Guest

I expect a big game from Casey and Walter. I think Arian will be Arian. I think jacoby will make a big play or two.

But I think that they will focus on stopping od. Even though Casey had the big game against no I think he is still an afterthought. The wr's should see some room to make things happen.

Keys to this game will be limiting offensive mistakes and not allowing the raiders to rip off huge chunks in the run game. Make Campbell try to make plays.

I think we win this one. Would be surprised if we lost.

18. Allstar

Allstar Bona fide

I feel pretty good about this game. As long as we don't shoot ourselves in the foot a million times like last week, I believe we'll win.

19. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Our defense needs to have a good game and control the LOS. I have faith that the offense can do a good job on the Raider D mostly to how good the oline has been playing recently. I can see a multitude of ways the Texans can loose, but if we are truly playoff bound we should beat the Raiders.

20. Air Canada

Air Canada Veteran

I'm not really worried about this game... Which makes me wonder if I should be, but when I look at Jason Campbell... I just feel he's gonna find a way to fail come Sunday in Reliant.. I see Joseph getting that INT he lost back... And after last season...

FOSTER IS GOING TO FEAST :scarygirl: