Texans VS. Lions - Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Texans Talk Archive' started by Ali4Real, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Ali4Real

Ali4Real Guest

Sorry if this is too early, but I can't wait for this game to get underway. The Texans are improving and if Matt Schaub can avoid from forcing the pass (even thou the Lions DBs suck) he will have a great game.

Just to add fuel to the fire, ESPN predicts that the Texans will LOOSE 13-27, here's the link:http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl?id=3647465.

It's a game sim but still, I predict we will win by at least 4 TDs. Matt Schaub will pass for 299+ with 2 TDs and Steve Slaton will rush for 100+ with 2 TDs.

[​IMG]

from SI.com

2. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

What did the week 6 simulation say?

3. barrett

barrett Hall of Fame

i figured out the problem. we've got Weaver covering Calvin JOhnson. maybe somebody can email Kubiak and recommend we put somebody else on him.

4. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

:spit:

I almost lost my Crown and Coke when I read that.

5. barrett

barrett Hall of Fame

glad to see somebody else is drinking in the middle of the day.

6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

For the first time in the history of the franchise I will not get to see the game tomorrow. I'm going to miss the Bengals game too. If the Texans win both and have their first 3 game win streak then maybe it's been my fault all these years for the losing.

7. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

Hey, its Saturday!
    and I thought drinking while watching football was the law

8. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

I was watching a football game on Fox, or soccer, whatever, and after the game, a spanish version of NFL Live came on. Soccer games in spanish are always more entertaining and for football...well, it's pretty funny. They were doing the Lions highlights and I don't know what they said, but their commentary on the Dan Orlovsky play was hilarious. "Papa! adkbialdkf!"

9. superdave532

superdave532 Rookie

i like how they predict green is going to get 19 carries to slaton's 14 for a combined 59 yards against one of the worst run defenses in the league. gotta love these computer simulations.

that being said, I am really worried that this is a really dangerous trap game. as bad as the lion's situation is, they're still a professional organization and anything can happen on a sunday. hope our boys go out there with the right mindset and put this game away early.

10. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

:gun: geesh, what will you guys predict when we actually have a good team? Winning by a kagillion points? No way we win by 4 TD's with our defense.

11. CTWade

CTWade Quack Attack

Their "simulation" is a CPU vs CPU game on Madden '09. Ah, ESPN, your journalistic standards are so high.

12. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

No way that sim turns out to be right. It has Kris Brown missing a field goal.

13. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

And in another sim they have the Chefs beating the Titans.
    They must have played VY at QB

14. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

The fact that the Lions could sneak up on the Texans and win their first game would hardly be surprising. Surprising is when Madden 09 football can actually predict anything with accuracy. Myself, I think the Texans are in the midst of a three home game winning streak which will leave them over rated and primed for..........a four game winning streak! LOL

15. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

I agree Vinny. Our team has a history of losing to BAD teams, beating(or taking into overtime) good teams, showing up for half a game, playing their hearts out in the 4th quarter, or simply deciding to have some sort of brain fart in the forth. As the old saying goes, "on any given Sunday," WELL, that certainly applies to our Texans! Depends on how many of the players decide to show up and play an ENTIRE game, not just bits and pieces.

I hope our boys got the cobwebs out since that got to sleep a little later this morning, and will show up prepared to play like they're capable of playing, 60 mins of continuous GOOD football! Wow, that would be NICE!!

Since I have MS and AJ on my FF team today, I predict they will rack up some BIG numbers, at least I hope so!!

31-27 TEXANS

16. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

On my way from leander, tailgating should be great with the late start, go texans

17. Bull Pen 1

Bull Pen 1 Hall of Fame

Enjoy the game I'll be watching it at work (:texflag:hospital).

18. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

I agree with most of your nice post............except for one point. If the Lions are able to score 27 points on our D, we will have confirmed a real problem........a very real problem.

19. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

I don't think there's any such thing as a slam-dunk for the Texans, and anybody thinking so hasn't been paying very good attention.
    Having said that, we should win this game and we should win next week to as
    next weeks opponents here in Reliant has a big game at home in Cincinnati vs. regional & AFC North opponent Pittsburg. So maybe we do go into Minneapolis 2 weeks from today with a shot at getting to 4-4 ?

20. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

as if we need more proof