Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans vs Denver Donkies

SDBoltz

Waterboy
hope you guys come out on top this week. Denver's defense is pretty good but their offense makes mistakes. Rod smith has been coming up huge on 3rd down. Crucial 3rd downs at that. 3rd and 12's 3rd and 8's he is the one the ball is going to I only hope you can stop him better than you stopped antonio gates on 3rd down. Interesting situation you guys are in you win this week and your right in the playoff hunt. Not to mention with us beating the saints this week we would be all alone in first place here in SD. Wouldn't it be wild to see a chargers texans rematch with the game in san diego most likely. Our offense has really developed as has both our qb's. Should be an interesting game this week. Mike shanahan is a real gutsy coach. he will go for it on 4th and 3 on his own 37 if he thinks his oline is dominating yours. I have seen it 5 times in the last 2 years... which is partially why i hate the donkies. He shows no respect for our defense but until recently we haven't given him a reason to... i know i cant wait for a rematch with you and them. :headbang:

and i know youd like it if we beat them it'd help us and you ! And by the way when we played our D wasnt nsync <---- (isnt that a boy band) Our D has looked really good latley and they are about to show that on NFL netwrok ! Lead the league in INT !

Yeah, that Chargers game still irks me to think about. The Texans were moving the ball on them at will, until those Davis fumbles and that deflected INT. :thumbdown

Here's what McLain thinks about the Denver Game.... I'm a little worried about this week's game for match up reasons. Generally, I think we are vulnerable to the running game and that's why we were beat by SD. KC wasn't where they are at right now and we were fortunate that was the case. Denver can obviously run the ball very well, and should they get the lead, we may not have that many scoring possessions. We must get an early lead and maintain it or it will be a long weekend. I think Carr has to come out hot and ready to go. We can not afford 3 and outs at the beginning of this ball game. Denver is not going to pass until we stop their running game, so QB pressure is probably not going to be an issue in the beginning unless they have spoted something about our secondary. Their tendency is run, run, and run again if they can.

Ibar_Harry said:
Here's what McLain thinks about the Denver Game.... I'm a little worried about this week's game for match up reasons. Generally, I think we are vulnerable to the running game and that's why we were beat by SD. KC wasn't where they are at right now and we were fortunate that was the case. Denver can obviously run the ball very well, and should they get the lead, we may not have that many scoring possessions. We must get an early lead and maintain it or it will be a long weekend. I think Carr has to come out hot and ready to go. We can not afford 3 and outs at the beginning of this ball game. Denver is not going to pass until we stop their running game, so QB pressure is probably not going to be an issue in the beginning unless they have spoted something about our secondary. Their tendency is run, run, and run again if they can.

I'm wondering if anyone has an idea whether it is more or less difficult for a zone blocking scheme to handle a 3-4 defense versus a 4-3... My tendency is to thing it's tougher on them because we have more movable parts that make it more of a challenge to cut and create well-defined cutback lanes... What do you think?

well considering denver plays san diego and oakland twice both of whom use the 34 defense i'm sure they have been looking at how to attack it since training camp. denver's oline has been cheating for years now its time they investigate that oline of there's. i could respect it if it was simply just very good like in kansas city but these guys are taught how to use nearly illegal tactics and not get a flag but still get a fine

Ibar_Harry said:

I have to disagree with you,,,,payne And walker look to be getting their old form back and thats why we have been so good against the run latley ! Our line backers have been getting to the ball and our secondary has been playing very tight coveragae !!! I think theres a reason we lead the league in INTs,,,,that also has to do with pressure ! I think the D can handle Denver,,,they may get a 100 rushing yards on us but not enough to worry bout !

TexansTrueFan said:
they may get a 100 rushing yards on us but not enough to worry bout !

Whoa...careful there.

I remember reading a stat somewhere that says Denver is 32-7 whenever they have a 100 yard rusher under Mike Shanahan. Not a stat that really matters that much, but just goes to show you how the Broncos' success tends to fluctuate with their running game.

As far as the Denver defense...they're good but can be picked apart. If anything they have been the most inconsistent portion of Denver's game. The Bengals and Falcons tore them apart the past two weeks, giving up a combined 64 points. Even passing performances of 221 yds and 499 yds by Jake Plummer were blemished by the fact that Denver's defense was unable to keep their team within reach of a victory.

TexansTrueFan said:
I have to disagree with you,,,,payne And walker look to be getting their old form back and thats why we have been so good against the run latley ! Our line backers have been getting to the ball and our secondary has been playing very tight coveragae !!! I think theres a reason we lead the league in INTs,,,,that also has to do with pressure ! I think the D can handle Denver,,,they may get a 100 rushing yards on us but not enough to worry bout !

Denver has always had a strong running attack... They could put anyone back there and get them a 1000 yrd season..

i know they have always had a good running game !! if you saw in my last post i put they may have a 100 yard rusher on us....but if we can keep their rush game to under 125 i feel we've done a pretty good job on them and that will give us a chance to win !

:crazy: Does it tick anyone else off to see John McClain talk about the Texans as "WE". He needs not use that term. He is a Titan. He can't just jump on this wagon because "WE" beat his team.

TexansTrueFan said:
i know they have always had a good running game !! if you saw in my last post i put they may have a 100 yard rusher on us....but if we can keep their rush game to under 125 i feel we've done a pretty good job on them and that will give us a chance to win !

I thought that if we could keep Chris brown under 70 yards in the first half we could have a chance of winning. Our D-line has been doing real well against the run lately, and it hasnt been against shabby running backs either (taylor, and brown) Although we did knock both of them out of the game.

Back