Texan's trying to light a fire under Brown & Stanley?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Hottoddie, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Hall of Fame

I didn't see this posted anywhere & haven't been able to find it anywhere else, so I'm not sure how true it is. But, it would make sense to do it.

http://nfldraft.scout.com/2/591845.html

Houston Texans - Maybe to light a fire under struggling K Kris Brown, the team worked out free agent Ks Martin Gramatica, Todd France, and E.J. Cochrane on Tuesday.

Gramatica had a few stints with the Indianapolis Colts earlier this season when K Adam Vinatieri was injured. France did a good job last year when he filled in for injured K David Akers with the Philadelphia Eagles. Cochrane was coming against Akers in this past training camp but was waived.

The team also worked out veteran free agent Ps Tom Rouen and Ken Walter this week

2. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I was very happy with Kris Brown for the first couple of years he was here but in the last two I've really started to fear needing a FG to win anything. I just don't have much faith in him anymore. I'd still like to see him get this thing under control and get back to being the kicker who had me thinking we robbed the Steelers when we signed him.

3. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

nice, that is one reason I don't buy into the Kubiak is giving Carr a free ride argument..

Kubiak is out to change things.

4. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

For as much as you get on the so-called "Carr haters" you brought his name up in thread where it was not needed.

5. Mysteryhunt

Mysteryhunt Veteran

work them out on sunday! get those 2 other jokers off the field.

6. AndreRulz

AndreRulz Veteran

kris brown hasnt been as good this, very dissapointing, but when Gramatica was with the colts he could only kick it to the 20 yard line in the air on kickoffs, come on I can do that.

:redtowel:

7. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

You said it Herv. I go to the sportsbar to watch the games and whenever I see us going for a FG i cringe.

8. Bamaborn-Texasbred

Bamaborn-Texasbred All Pro

You can't have a thread w/o Carr.

9. hobie

hobie Site Contributor

Well it goes to show that having no competition in camp is not a good thing. I cannot recall any other kickers that have ever been brought in during camp to compete for the job of either guy.
    Brown has had his moment in the sun, but now it is time to make him earn his starting role. He has missed alot of makeable kicks over the last 2 years. Stanley has shown he can boom them every now and again, and to say he too has been somewhat of a disappointment this season, that is true also. It is just time to have these 2 men compete for thier starting jobs next season, that way the Texans know they have the better guys at the respected position.
    If Kubiak makes everyone else compete for the starting job, except Carr, well the kickers need to as well, as they effect the outcome to alot of our games as well.

10. Houston_Fanatic

Houston_Fanatic Veteran

Maybe this will have the same effect as benching Carr (sorry... but you did say every thread had to mention Carr).

If not, then I am glad to see Kubiak looking around the league to see who is available.

11. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

Definitely. Chadwick is just in a little rut right now, he will bounce out any day now. As far as Kris Brown I don't know. He scares me. I am afraid when he steps back for the PAT.

12. AndreRulz

AndreRulz Veteran

me too.

have me kick the PAT, I am pretty good.