Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Trade for Tunsil!!

How the hell do these homers Texan fans not realize that they're going to use a ton of cap space on Tunsil when they could have waited one other season and drafted a LT just like they should have last season. They'd eventually have a very strong Oline, but throwing away a bunch of future drafts because of one failed one has become a total disaster that will cause hell for years. I can't like this post enough, because it simply is true.

Yep - we are going to have to pay Tunsil, Watson and JJ in the coming seasons - without any first round picks to give us cheaper talent. In fact, what’s to say Tunsil doesn’t hold our right now for a massive deal?

How the hell do these homers Texan fans not realize that they're going to use a ton of cap space on Tunsil when they could have waited one other season and drafted a LT just like they should have last season. They'd eventually have a very strong Oline, but throwing away a bunch of future drafts because of one failed one has become a total disaster that will cause hell for years. I can't like this post enough, because it simply is true.

O'Brien doesn't value draft picks properly and I've been warning about it for years. It started with 3 picks for strong and using a second to get rid of Brock

Now it's biting us harder than ever

Yep - we are going to have to pay Tunsil, Watson and JJ in the coming seasons - without any first round picks to give us cheaper talent. In fact, what’s to say Tunsil doesn’t hold our right now for a massive deal?

Who says Tunsil wants to stay in this dumpster fire? Or Watson?

This team will be bad for a long time. Basically the next 3 years are gone.

People forget that part of the reason why are Oline is so bad is because of the fact that we lost those early draft picks for Watson. It was worth it, but that made it really hard to fix the Oline. Now, whatever other holes we have out there we'll have a really hard time addressing that again since we won't have 1st rounders for a while. I seriously feel like I'm in a bad dream here.

Last edited:
We gave up a **** ton, but if Tunsil is healthy and BOB starts the correct lineup, we should be fine. I have faith in this team simply because of Watson.

We all expected to get shafted with the Clowney deal. It is what it is. BOB hated Clowney and it was evident from day 1 if you paid attention.

Isn't he under contract for 2 more years?

I can't think of two parties that are worse for each other. Does Stills have any idea of the history of the Mcnairs and their beliefs? Lol!

People forget that part of the reason why are Oline is so bad is because of the fact that we lost those early draft picks for Watson. It was worth it, but that made it really hard to fix the Oline. Now, whatever other holes we have out there we'll have a really hard time addressing that again since we won't have 1st rounders for a while. I seriously feel like I'm in a bad dream here.

It's a bad dream. A nightmare.

I was hoping OBrien would get fired after the upcoming losing year.

But the next coach will be handcuffed without first round picks for TWO years.

This is truly nuts.

I can't think of two parties that are worse for each other. Does Stills have any idea of the history of the Mcnairs and their beliefs? Lol!

No, the Oline became horrible because of the following
-Brandon Brooks injury put him in O'briens dog house
-2 failed 2nd rounders in Martin and the guard from UCLA
-Traded pro-bowl LT cause of a bunch of reason
-Signed and mismanaged Jeff Allan
-Career ending injury to Derek Newton
-Let our center go to the Titans..

Its literally been bad decisions after bad decision that have led to where we are now.

I feel sorry for Tunsil for all the pressure this puts him under living up to the trade. It's a tough spot to be in.
I'd be feeling pretty damn good if I were Laremy Tunsil. He thought he was going to be the #1 overall pick but because he got high he fell to 13. His career hasn't gone the way he thought, starting at Guard then struggling at tackle.

But he kept his head down & his nose clean & someone gave up two 1st round picks to get him. Someone who will most likely back up a brinks truck than see their two 1st round pick acquisition walk in FA.

Reactions: Max
No, the Oline became horrible because of the following
-Brandon Brooks injury put him in O'briens dog house
-2 failed 2nd rounders in Martin and the guard from UCLA
-Traded pro-bowl LT cause of a bunch of reason
-Signed and mismanaged Jeff Allan
-Career ending injury to Derek Newton
-Let our center go to the Titans..

Its literally been bad decisions after bad decision that have led to where we are now.

And the fact that we didn't have early picks for two years.

Why the hell would you try to argue with that? Your other reasons are legit as well, but not having 1st round picks when you desperately needed Oline makes that a lot harder.

If I saw that the Texans dealt just one first-round selection for Tunsil, I would have thought, "That's a bit too pricey, but I can see why they did it." Instead, they gave up TWO first-rounders and a second-rounder for Tunsil and Kenny Stills. It's unbelievable.

Tunsil is a good left tackle, so he'll automatically be an upgrade on the blind side. However, he's not a great player; at least not yet. He's still young, so he can improve, but Tunsil is not worth one first-round choice, let alone two. Stills, meanwhile, is a fine receiver, but the Texans already have a better version of him in Will Fuller.

As I wrote earlier, I was thinking about bringing back the Millen grade for what O'Brien did in the Clowney trade. Now, I'm really thinking about it, but Facebook friend Sam B. recommended that I now call "F" grades "O'Briens." I like it. The Texans get an O'Brien for this ridiculous trade.

Meanwhile, if you're a Dolphins fan, you have to feel very optimistic about the future. The team is already tanking for Tua Tagovailoa, and now it'll have three other first-round picks over the next couple of seasons - as well as an extra second - to surround Tagovailoa with great talent.

Grade for Texans - O'BRIEN (Z-)
Grade for Dolphins - A+

https://walterfootball.com/nfltrades.php

I haven't posted until now. It's so easy to criticize. I wanted Tunsil badly. I didn't want to give up a 1st rounder .... but I would have .... but 2 firsts and a 2nd .... that feels like a sledge hammer to the gut .... blind-folded .... but that's nothing .... wait til draft time .... and the next one !

wow good if this year works out........... if we have a down year........ we set ourselves back for 5 years.

This is the price when a headcoach cannot develop talent to save his life.

Something about this is gut wrenching. Move you do when your 1 player away from the superbowl.

Still fuming over Clowney fumble then I saw this happened, didn’t want to skip anybody so it’s been a good hour reading everybody’s comments catching up, let it out.

There is a line of General Managers forming around the corner on Kirby to talk trade with O’Brian.

Also relieved to know I won’t have to do a Texan Mock Draft next year, that’s a big weight lifted.

Ok, seriously, what nobody is talking about is this process post Gaine. O’Brian must hate the draft process or just been burned too many times or understands he’s just no good at it and better served trading picks for proven talent?

Transactions generally run a natural course in the NFL. Texans have failed to hit on free agency when it opens, failed to trade players before draft for picks, failed to trade down for more picks repeatedly (not all just during O’Brians tenure either) and before camp success resigning key players into the future.

There is a disconnect somewhere, chaos in the war room or board room. These are not rational, group consensus decisions. This is the work of a madman. Could I get a Butt Chin emoji please :hankpalm:

Still fuming over Clowney fumble then I saw this happened, didn’t want to skip anybody so it’s been a good hour reading everybody’s comments catching up, let it out.

There is a line of General Managers forming around the corner on Kirby to talk trade with O’Brian.

Also relieved to know I won’t have to do a Texan Mock Draft next year, that’s a big weight lifted.

Ok, seriously, what nobody is talking about is this process post Gaine. O’Brian must hate the draft process or just been burned too many times or understands he’s just no good at it and better served trading picks for proven talent?

Transactions generally run a natural course in the NFL. Texans have failed to hit on free agency when it opens, failed to trade players before draft for picks, failed to trade down for more picks repeatedly (not all just during O’Brians tenure either) and before camp success resigning key players into the future.

There is a disconnect somewhere, chaos in the war room or board room. These are not rational, group consensus decisions. This is the work of a madman. Could I get a Butt Chin emoji please :hankpalm:

The simple explanation is that Bill OBrien is extremely dumb.

He's the donkey at the poker table. The drunk idiot losing all his money.

Bill got out his Ouija Board and summoned George Allen in 1971 .

This day makes it look like OB wasn’t in on a lot of roster decisions in the past. Cal takes over with a short fuse, fires Gaine and tells OB to fix this roster NOW. Edit. OB has repeatedly said he can’t do things until Clowney signs his tender. These things are showing up now.

We are going to have to deal with this trade for two drafts. Ridiculous.

Eh... we were going to use 2020's first on the line regardless. Either a LT or if they move Howard outside, a Guard/Center.

Instead we used it on a LT today. Actually we traded our 1st & 2nd to get a top 10 prospect. It'd be like swapping our 1st & Clowney with Detroit to get Jonah Williams (which we should have done).

Next year, I'm not too worried about. It's 2021 that really irks me.

I can't wait to hear the defenders of this crap trade on draft day for the next two years.

Man I can't wait to see that.
That's the future and the future will take care of itself. We have a season of football immediately in front of us and we are a better team than last year.

We addressed our two main areas of concern, the Oline and our defensive backfield. Our corp of receivers are improved. We had one defensive setback with the loss of Clowney.

But overall, we had a sucessful off-season and, even facing a tougher schedule, are now in a good position to defend our divisional title.

Why cry in your beer over a future you can't predict.

Everything the Texans do is a positive to you. You've never in their history blamed them for doing something foolish. You should be their PR guy.

No it’s not and if u read posts in the Clooney thread after the trade, you’d see that. I just see both sides and I think for myself & my posts reflect that. You guys get all hot and bothered behind a ******* tweet or a sound bite lol.

Please don't confuse me as one of those. I hate the deal. But I'm excited for the current season. Come draft time I'm going to be btching about this sht.

Today is not that day. So I'm celebrating.
well we used next years 1 on Tunsil. No two, but a butt load of other picks next year.

And the fact that we didn't have early picks for two years.

Why the hell would you try to argue with that? Your other reasons are legit as well, but not having 1st round picks when you desperately needed Oline makes that a lot harder.

They only gave up 1 first rounder for Deshaun.. Has a lot more to do with bad decision then Texans not having draft capital.

https://www.houstontexans.com

Saturday, Aug 31, 2019 07:01 PM

Texans trim roster to 53 players
The Houston Texans released ILB Tyrell Adams and P Bryan Anger.

The Houston Texans waived WR Floyd Allen, OLB Jesse Aniebonam, CB Derrick Baity Jr., OLB Davin Bellamy, CB Briean Boddy-Calhoun, RB Damarea Crockett, OLB Jamal Davis II, T Christian DiLauro, WR Johnnie Dixon, NT Javi Edwards, S Austin Exford, RB Josh Ferguson, WR Chad Hansen, DE Joel Heath, S A.J. Hendy, RB Karan Higdon Jr., DE Albert Huggins, S Chris Johnson, WR Tyron Johnson, T Rick Leonard, WR Steven Mitchell Jr., NT Walter Palmore, CB Jermaine Ponder, OLB Gimel President, G Malcolm Pridgeon, G Maurquice Shakir, WR Vyncint Smith, DE Tracy Sprinkle, QB Jordan Ta'amu and WR Jester Weah.

The Houston Texans waived-injured ILB B.J. Bello and ILB Xavier Woodson.

The Houston Texans placed QB Joe Webb III on the Reserve/Injured list.

Back