Support Texans Talk as a Monthly Donor

Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

Texans Trade for Tunsil!!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf12339, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

This is all true, but that's basically asking for some of biggest strokes of luck for an entire season.

2. KarlK

KarlK Veteran

The best lineman we've had since Duane Brown is a pretty bad run blocker? Wonderful. Speaks very well of both Tunsil and the Texan organization.

3. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

He run blocked very well yesterday.

frethack and steelbtexan like this.
  4. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

Really? .. I'll find out tonight when I go over the game. You might be right, my impressions last night was he was playing on the wrong side of the field on run plays .. we'll see.

5. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

he had a pretty good game. 5 or 6 plays from what I saw were bad, but he's new so hopefully that evens out in the wash. His run blocking is a little high, he could tighten that up. Pass blocking he's very nimble and athletic - his initial punch is phenomenal, first sack came on a wrap stunt that wasnt properly blocked by not just him but by the RB, on the last sack of the game he was just beat off the ball, the DE had the cadence clocked and was almost offsides when the ball was let go, and Tunsil just couldnt reach him. Had a holding call once. Best prospect we've had there, still not completely polished like Duane was when he was here, but maybe he will continue to blossom. All in all it was a good game from him considering he just got here and offensive football is a much more cerebral sport so I'll be excited watching his development hopefully he pans out.

edit: PFFs grade of 65 (backup) was probably based on how far apart he is between pass blocking and run blocking.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  6. maverick512000

maverick512000 Hall of Fame

Karlk is just trolling, I'm actually starting to think he's from one of the other team boards. He hates everyone in the Texans org from the coaches to the players, even Watson.

CWTexansFan, otisbean and TheKDog like this.
  7. Rich Schmidt

Rich Schmidt Myopicone

I only have ever blocked two people, Karlk is one of them. Think I did it back when he was mouthing off to CNDD

disaacks3, CWTexansFan, santo and 2 others like this.
  8. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

IIRC, he's a Raiders fan

9. Dejaview

Dejaview All Pro

After seeing Tunsil and Stills Monday I’m seeing the trade in a much more favorable light. Tunsil wasn’t coming for a single one. Throw in Stills and the two ones are a little more in range especially since we spent our 2020 one on Tunsil this year. Both are going to make us better for sure. The second we gave up....could be closer to a three and the four and six we are getting will be closer to a three and five. Not too bad.