Texans to win 12 games in 2010?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Brisco_County, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

NFL Scout Daniel Jeremiah of movethesticks.com had this to say on his Twitter page today:

I believe this next season will be the breakthrough year for the Texans... Experience will catch up to their talent and they win 12 games

And his rebuttal to the rebuttal:

RT @BBSFLcommish: Everyone says the same thing every year about the Texans.>> not me, I said they would win 8 or 9 this year

Source: http://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks

Jeremiah knows his stuff, and his predictions have always been insightful and reasonable.

So what do guys think? Owen Daniels will be back. Things will start clicking. Do we win 12 games against the hardest schedule in the NFL?

2. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

I think that it is quite possible, but it will be largely dependent on the players we add through FA and the draft. We have a couple of holes to fill still, like RB, the O-line and the secondary. If we can get at least some adequate players in those positions then I think we could be tough to beat.

3. redwhiteANDblue

redwhiteANDblue Color of Texans

We wouldve won atleast 10 or 11 if it wasnt for OD breaking his knee. We were 5-3 with him (and we were playing our best football with him) and went on that ugly 4 game loosing streak. I think we had learned how to use him very well thats why we won 3 in a row. After he was gone, it was like they were almost confused and lost the next four. If we can just get A.J, J.J, O.D, and Matt at 100% I don't know what can stop us. Hopefully our run game will be patched up so that we could hold on to a 21-0 lead >.>

4. Craig.

Craig. Nosebleeds

I'm going with no. I'd like to be proven wrong, though.

5. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

We'll improve upon our 9-7 record and get a wild card spot next year.

6. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

Our division games are always close. I think we can win it.

Our needs also include a kicker. If we had one that could perform under pressure this season, we'd be in the playoffs.

GuerillaBlack likes this.
  7. devo-x

devo-x Veteran

Texans should set 9-7 as the baseline next year (although I'll predict 10-6 next year depending on the results of the draft and free agency)

8. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I think we'll be somewhere around 8-8 next season. But with that schedule we'll be the best 8-8 team in the league :rolleyes: (where have I heard that before)

This past season was the year to make the playoffs, Houston blew it. Next season we're playing just about every dominant DT/NT in the league and Schaub could very well end up missing games again if things don't get better up front.

9. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Texans are a very similar team to the Saints last year, not as explosive as that offense (I blame the interior OL!!!) but a better defense. Lost a lot of close games but maybe that's a good experience for us moving towards next year?

10. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

I agree with this sentiment, this team has to get tough on the interiors on both sides of the ball if they're going to win games against all those tough teams on the schedule.

However I think if we do upgrade our interiors we'll be on the same level of competitiveness with the NFC East, Chargers, Jets, Ravens etc. We have an explosive offense even with a week interior and our defense over-compensated for having poor DT play well enough to be an above average unit this year.

We're right on the cusp but I agree if we ignore these spots we're looking at many more 8-8's.

11. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

MK5,

Co-sign.

12. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

True. I think we will get better though.

13. BIG TORO

BIG TORO TERADACTYL #23

It will probably be more like 11-7 or 7-11!

14. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

I think this hurt us more than anything. Wish we had a kicker like Hartley. Right down the middle on all of his FGs since the NFC Championship game winner.

15. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

When Manning threw that interception he sent a message. The Texan Era...begins NOW.

thunderkyss likes this.
  16. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

A 12 win prediction already? Welp! It looks like we're going to be cursed again in '10. :gun:

17. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Take it easy. It was brought up by someonelse not anyone here.

I do wonder what this dude would've had to say about our record and what he thinks about our coaching staff though.

18. Mailman

Mailman Pwned by Hakeem

If that prediction were to come true, then you might as well pencil in the Texans as next year's Lombardi Trophy winners because 12-4 with that schedule is something only a championship team could pull off.

19. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

I am just going to start agreeing with everything I read here for the rest of the offseason, even though that means I will contradict myself on a consistent basis.

It's just easier that way. So, yep, sure we will 12 games. :worldpeace:

20. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Hall of Fame

I don't think our schedule next year is as bad as some people make out. And you never really know when some team is going to break out and have a great year or when a supposedly good team is going to collapse.

I don't think the NFC East is as tough as a lot of people may think. Every team in that division was 2-2 against non-conference opponents and their non-conference opponents were the AFC West (Chargers, Broncos, Raiders, and Chiefs.)

The Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles are all good teams but they're all beatable. The Redskins? Who knows. Shanahan may be able to turn them around or they could be a total freakshow next season as they try to re-tool for a ZBS offense. I think we at least win 2 of those games, possibly 3.

We're also going to be going against the AFC West and I think we're better than at least 3 of those teams.

I think we do better in our division next year and go at least 3-3.

That's 9 wins right there. I think our team is going to be improved next year and I think we'll be able to split with the Ravens/Jets. That gives us 10 wins.

So, I expect 10 wins. If we get some bad bounces of the balls, I'll go 9. If we have multiple injuries to star players, we could do worse. If some of the teams we're playing have injuries to star players, we could do better. But 10 is what I'm expecting.

I don't know if that will be good enough to get into the playoffs but I think it will be.

Double Barrel likes this.