Texans to raise ticket prices....again

Discussion in 'Texan Tailgate' started by TEXANS84, Jan 16, 2009.

1. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Link

2. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Subscribed Contributor

Well damn. I was thinking the economy would keep the prices level. That is what I get for being :glasshalffull:

3. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

That's a bunch of Bull. You would think they would wait at least a year more after raising tickets last year. If they don't have a winning season this year I'm not going to anymore games. I'll just buy a flat screen and save money in the long run.

4. ubecool454

ubecool454 Hall of Fame

I thought they would wait too, but I am not surprised. I guess I'll just boycott the beer guy. Seriously, its not that the prices are going up its the dollar getting weaker. lol

5. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

With this kind of BS, I don't know if I want the Texans to make the playoffs. Might mean the end of my tailgating days.

6. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

meh...I'll still be there.

:texflag:

7. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

The price of watching it from my couch stayed about the same, FWIW. Woohoo!

8. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

Yep, sitting in the same seats my dad sold you when he realized the Texans would continue to raise tickets prices regardless of performance.

:tease:

P.S. - I love those seats.

Silver Oak likes this.
  9. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

That's an additional $40 for the two seats plus $30 for the parking. After prices were guaranteed to remain the same for the first three years, I kinda figured that they would be increasing each year after the initial freeze. So far I've been right.

10. Drew_Smoke

Drew_Smoke @Drew_Smoke

I think its crap, too. The product hasn't improved but the price goes up. What a concept.

11. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

Oh well I'll be there anyway.

But I still will never buy anything from the Go Texans Store or any of the satellite shops in the stadium. The prices are laughable.

12. mike moffat

mike moffat Hall of Fame

Think about it from my point of view. Directv Superfan cost me $99.00 for this last season. I don't know if they are going to raise prices for 2009? However, the Cokes and beer were a lot cheaper. Not to mention the nachos!
    What does parking cost? When I went to the Raider game, it cost $25.00.

13. Heath Shuler

Heath Shuler worst 2 1st

If McNair keeps raising prices with a mediocre product (at best), what is he going to do when he finally puts a winner on the field?

14. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

I find that very worrisome. Prices go much higher and Sunday Ticket will look begin to look like a great deal. Until then as I've been saying for the past 3 years - one more year!:specnatz:

15. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

I'll be there too Greg, but, I'll probably have to sell a couple of my tickets for the year. I lose money every year on my tickets, and I just can't afford to do that anymore. My kids want tickets to the games this season, they will pay up front. Mom's not footin the bill any longer. Tough decision to make, but, in this day and age we all have to make adjustments.

:wherewill

16. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

In truth, it's a different experience all together. I'm not saying the price of the beer is worth it or anything like that. & I'm not saying that I agree with the price hike.

But it sure would be nice to have you up in the stands next to me, than them visiting fans.

I'm just say'n

mike moffat likes this.
  17. Blake

Blake MMQB

That sucks. They havent had a single winning season and the price still goes up again. Basically they've got us by the berries and either you are going to go, or you're going to sell and someone else will go. Simple supply and demand at this point.

18. DoCRoN

DoCRoN Veteran

I'm not saying that I LIKE the price increases, especially in difficult economic times. But I assume a small increase each year to be the norm. Beats a larger increase every 3 years, IMO.

Anyway, the real reason for my post is ... I wonder what is happening to ticket prices of OTHER teams with worse products than the Texans? Not that that justifies an increase. But apparently we pay less than most NFL teams, and I wonder how many teams are leaving prices alone for 2009...

I'll have to do some digging (tough to find free time with a newborn! :cool:)

19. DoCRoN

DoCRoN Veteran

20. Texan JBZ

Texan JBZ Da Sip's Finest

"The Texans are increasing ticket prices by 3.7 percent next season, meaning the average price will be $67.37 a ticket compared to $64.94 last season when they finished with their second consecutive 8-8 record."

"The Texans are not increasing the price of 5,500 of their least expensive seats."

"The average ticket price in the NFL last season was $72.20. Even though the Texans are one of the league’s high-revenue teams, their average ticket price will rank in the bottom half of the NFL."

I can understand why some of you guys are upset. But in business terms, the Texans FO is being very reasonable with their fans on the ticket prices. Most high-revenue sports teams, like the Girls, Yanks, Sox, Lakers, Knicks, etc., price their tickets through the f&%$ing roof! Yeah, most high-revenue teams that price their tickets sky-high are usually successful organizations. But from a business standpoint, the Texans are very fair to us as far as ticket prices go.