Texans to play the Jags Game @ London

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by GermanTexan, Jan 21, 2019.

1. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

That's what I don't understand. Got everything we need right here. Just watch the travel channel if you want to see how and where the other half lives.

I can watch the Jags/Texans game without the looooong plane trip and expense.

:coffee:

2. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

That's funny. Within a half mile of me there is one fast food place, Whataburger. Otherwise there are Indian, Greek, Morrocan, Thai x2, sushi, French Vietnamese, Texmex x2, tacos x3, KoreanMex, Mexican, Spanish, Italian, an 80 year old burger shack, a live music bar that serves Americana and 2 tapas style American plus a couple beyond classification (one involves a donut in everything, e.g. donut hamburger bun).

No chains except Whataburger. But it's Austin.

3. maverick512000

maverick512000 All Pro

Not really fair to compare Austin to........well any place really when it comes to food. For a relatedly small city, compared to its big sisters in Houston, Dallas and San Antonio, I swear its packed more top rated food places then all three combined. Seriously I could spend a week there and eat every meal somewhere different and still not hit them all.

4. Line_Producer

Line_Producer Party Rocker

Slightly off topic, but I own a bar in Denver that hosted the Traveling Texans this season. I had 50 different locals beers on tap or in bottles. They only thing I ran out of was Michelob Ultra. A ton of the fanbase refused to even try something new. I can't wait to see what happens in London, lol.

5. infantrycak

London related. Looks like the NFL is not looking to move a team to London. Goodell said too difficult logistically. They would like to move toward 8 games in London per year but it would be 16 different teams. Link. That makes a lot more sense.

JB likes this.
  6. Shishkabob

Shishkabob Hall of Fame

what bar in Denver? I went up for the gaame last year, but I didn't link up with the traveling Texans. Probably will be visiting up there again sometime this year, and wouldn't mind trying 50 new brews lol

steelbtexan likes this.
  7. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

that's like saying one should never go to a game just stay home and watch TV. Why limit yourself to what the TV shows decide to tell you when you can go see for yourself? I would you want the Travel Channel to be your source for telling you about Houston?

steelbtexan likes this.
  8. cuppacoffee

I can understand the excitement of tailgating and attending the games. It just isn't for me.

I am sure you will find this hard to believe, maybe not.

I've been to a couple of Texan games the last few years. Son got free tickets from a supplier. Real good seats. Went to a KC game and a Dallas game.

I don't care to go again. Have turned down tickets. Just can't tolerate the traffic, and my son was driving. I felt the least I could do was buy refreshments. For what I paid for burgers and drinks the boss and I could have had a great steak dinner and couple of drinks at Salt Grass in Humble and watched the game on TV.

I consider this to be a better use of my limited expendable income. As they say, "to each his own".

I lived in Northwest Houston for 17 years, worked downtown at the Chronicle, Houston Post when it was downtown and the old Houston Press. Area was rife with hookers, wino's and muggers.

I have seen all I care to see there. Had season tickets to Oilers in the Dome. Seats in mezzanine for $7 and parking was $3. No such thing as PSLs. Did have suites available for the well heeled.

If the Texans depended on my monetary support they would have to move elsewhere. I don't buy overpriced NFL merchandise either. I've been accused of squeaking when I walk. Tighter than a crabs' arse, thats water tight.

9. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I normally don't go anywhere there's going to be a large crowd, which rules out sporting events. Big crowds, airplanes and being nice to people I don't like just aren't on my list of things to do.

CWTexansFan and JB like this.
  10. cuppacoffee

I understand.

It's probably an old folks thing. I think we are among a lot of youngsters here who haven't reached that plateau yet.

All I can say to the young'uns is just wait...it's coming.

11. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Many moons ago I had Oiler and Gambler season tickets, went to amusement parks and had no problems with commercial air flight. Not anymore. :lol:

CWTexansFan likes this.
  12. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Memorial Day

Texans for one is paying the whole trip. Not a Go Fund Me Page. They are have billions for a trip like this.

13. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Memorial Day

Texans for one is paying the whole trip. Not a Go Fund Me Page. They are have billions for a trip like this.

steelbtexan likes this.
  14. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

:lol:
    when my daughter was growing up, I watched my spending fairly closely. So I get that part.
    However, now that she's good and grown, with her own career/money, I spend my retirement checks on me.
    ...well, mostly. Daughters never completely get out of Dad's pocket
    :D

Texas Jake and steelbtexan like this.
  15. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

I’m old. I hope my plateau doesn’t come until I’m 100.

I do indeed respect individual preferences, just for me the travel is the icing on the cake.

16. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

I was gonna ask when this "get off my lawn" stage hits but 100 is a good, round number. I'll shoot for that.

17. cuppacoffee

Got one of those myself :) Just wish I could do more.

Her bum husband became a druggie and hasn't paid any child support for his 3 daughters.

If I outlive the boss I will probably spend my last few years in Huntsville. I'd have no problem capping his azz.

Texas attny gen. wont get off his azz and do his job collecting support from him.

18. cuppacoffee

Good luck.....I'm there at 80.

Celebrating today. Boss has been putting up with me for 59 years now.

Still the prettiest gal I have even seen, bar none.

Max, FuzzyLogic, Texas Jake and 5 others like this.
  19. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Awesome! HB if it's that special day

steelbtexan likes this.
  20. infantrycak

You never have to say it. Just get a bow target and practice. Not sure why but folks are scared of archers. Start practicing across a road they get really jumpy.
    Well happy birthday. Damn you're old. You earned crotchety. Dad turns 80 this August. He jumped crotchety by a few decades. Working on perfecting it.