Texans Thankful for short turn around...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by EllisUnit, Dec 14, 2012.

1. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

MEGA SWATT likes this.
  2. MEGA SWATT

MEGA SWATT Hall of Fame

3. aussie_texan

aussie_texan Hall of Fame

:fans: god i love this man....no homo.

but seriously what a beast! i really hope they avenge themselves this week after last weeks insipid display. we going to bring down a rain of terror on the colts this week i can feeeeel it!!!!!!!!!:evil:

4. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

Dre's my boy, but sometimes...shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Last week was "the biggest game in franchise history". Let's be quiet, fam.

MEGA SWATT likes this.
  5. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Not that I'm looking for any excuses for them boys on Kirby, but how many other teams have had to play 3 game road stretches?

6. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Only the Packers and the Texans. Both teams went 2-1.

7. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Very interesting.

Is there a particular reference you used to get that info quickly, or did you have to dig through every teams schedule to find out (by the way thanks if you did).

8. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

I knew from a discussion we had in this forum.

MEGA SWATT likes this.

9. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

Talk is always cheap, we'll see what happens Sunday, but this game is far bigger to us than it is to Indy and we haven't done too well under pressure in big games this year. Fortunately for us this game isn't being nationally televised.

10. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

How is this game far bigger to us than the Colts? We're locked in, they're not. If they win this game it gives them a chance to win the division. If they lose, they don't have that chance & they're that much further from clinching a play-off spot.

This game is much, much more important to the Colts & I expect them to play like it, playing up to our level.

If you think the Colts can play up to the level of the Packers or the Patriots, then yeah we're in big trouble.

I don't. I believe it's going to be a battle, but I think the better team will win.

11. coltfan123

coltfan123 Veteran

well we did beat the packers and we did hang with the patriots alot longer then you guys did so dont see where the "if" is coming from...

12. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

The Colts have already exceeded their wildest expectations for the 2012 season: hardly anybody expected them to make it to the playoffs and I'm sure virtually nobody expected them to be the AFC South Champs in 2012.
    On the other hand the Texans were favored from the beginning to be the division Champs and advance further into the playoffs than last year if not also make their first SB appearance.
    Plus they have a much better chance to beat us in their house in 2 weeks.

13. amazing80

amazing80 Site Contributor

My exact thoughts. Sometimes you need to just shut up and prove it on the field.....act like you've been there

14. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I figure we win this one big, because our team is pissed about Monday night and it's in Houston. I figure they win in Indy, partly because they are pissed about what we do to them tomorrow, and it probably gets them in the playoffs as a wild-card. Then there's the game in-between for us. I think we win it, but....I'd sure hate to go 1-2.

Meanwhile,....well, I know it's not likely, but I hope San Fran. has a real good day tomorrow...

15. EllisUnit

With NFL sunday ticket in all reality every game is nationally televised now.

16. EllisUnit

I just have a feeling AJ is going to go full beast mode in this game, in the huddle he is going to tell schaub throw me the damn ball.

17. Rey

Rey Guest

My feelings about this game is that we'll come out similarly to how we have all year...kinda ok to maybe not so good...

I think it'll be a close game in the end and I hope like hell we pull it out.

I believe dre that last week was the biggest game in texans history. IMO, at the time, it was...

This game isn't as big as last weeks game but it is more important. Hopefully they rise to the occasion.

18. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

I was not pleased with AJ saying that stuff last week. For a quiet guy, sometimes he needs to stay quiet. We've already had 4 or 5 "biggest games in franchise hisory" this season, and I didn't think last week was anywhere close to that, nor the Bears game which AJ also said was the biggest game. It was a great test to see where we are as a team, and we failed it pretty massively. I know this team would only lose that way maybe once out of 100 games they played.

19. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Had AJ not said what he said it wouldn't have changed the fact that they all felt that way. This was a measuring stick & they all knew it.

What we know didn't happen.
    1. Preparing the defense for the Sugar Huddle

We know this because we saw too many times the Texans identified key offensive personnel too late. ​
    2. Preparing the offense for their front 7

We know this, because there were too many breakdowns in blocking assignments​

Fix those two & this is a totally different game. Those two are squarely on the coaches. I can't see how either Wade or Gary walked away from that game thinking, "We were prepared."

20. rolyat93

rolyat93 Veteran

Should've responded last week big guy.