Texans still lead division

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by thegr8fan, Oct 11, 2010.

1. thegr8fan

thegr8fan All Pro

OK, lets put this team back into proper perspective. There is only one team in the entire AFC right now with 4 wins. ( GO Minn. tonight). The Texans still lead the AFC South. We control our own destiny as of right now. We're 5 games into the season and afte our sixth game we will either be 4-2 or 3-3. Major difference there. So this next game crucial.

We are leading the division for the first time that I can remember for the first 5 games of the season. Lets hope last Sundays game was a fluke letdown and the coaching staff takes notice and get the Texans train back on track to win the division.

GuerillaBlack and SheTexan like this.
  2. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Power of positive thinking?? I'll bite!! GOOOO TEXANS!!!!:fans::gotexans1:texan::wherewill:shetexan:

3. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

I think also if you want to think positively, the other 3 teams in our division all have glaring flaws as big and ugly as ours.

4. thegr8fan

thegr8fan All Pro

Positive Thinking.......Proper Perspective.........or just simply get over it. :thinking:

We could be talking about leading the division, the importance of the next game to stay in control of the division, or the keys needed to kick KC in the butt.

Or we can still choose to dwell in the past 24 hrs of misery and dispair.

Ok, I'm a bit early in the 24 our pity potty allowance timeframe.

but hey, the game is over and the pity potty is getting full. Time to flush it and get one with the AFC SOUTH LEADING TEXANS.

First time in along time, well actually never, that I can remember us leading the division for the first 5 weeks.

dc_txtech likes this.
  5. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

Gotta hand it to you..:clap:

You really live up to your screen name. :texflag:

If the team only had the heart of some of it's fans..:foottap:

:coffee:

6. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

I'll get on board with this, I've had about enough as I can handle of the negativity. Go Texans!

7. qman_tx

qman_tx Veteran

This KC win is a must win!!!
    If win:
    -We will remain leaders in the division
    -Will be undefeated in the division
    -Will be undefeated in the AFC
    -Perhaps if KC keeps doing good this year and have the same winning record as us, we will win tiebreaker.

If loss:
    -We will be tied 1st place in the division with Colts
    -We will remain undefeated in the division
    -We will NOT be undefeated in the AFC
    -If Texans and Colts had same AFC record and beat us in Indy, we will lose tiebreaker due to KC loss.

8. Khari

Khari Administrator Staff Member

at least we're not 0 and 5 :thinking:

:ant:

9. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

:cry2:My poor Niners!!!!

10. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

6-3 going into New York for the Jets.

11. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

What are the titans flaws?
    Are you one of those that still thinks Vince sucks at qb. He has bad days but he isn't a flaw

The texans biggest flaw is subpar coaching and subpar talent evaluation

12. buddyboy

buddyboy All Pro

You're right, they're flawless.

13. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

Any team that has Finnegan on its roster is fatally flawed.

14. Grams

Grams Subscribed Contributor

No, not this yet!! This is a Tuesday thread after a loss.

We still need time to vent over the loss, before we start looking at reality.

15. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

Come sunday I'll be cheering my heart out for this team, but until then I'm as critical as the next guy :)

16. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

As much as I love your optimism it seems to be only that without much realism to it. Listen one can be an Oiler..er Texans fan and still posts what he sees. And what I see is a team that has no core identity. I am tired of the roller coaster and want to see continuous growth no matter how small. I can stand being beat by any decent team that plays well against us, but what I am tired of seeing is our team coming out listless or looking as if they have no clue or faith in the game plan. This is on the coaches. If you get a piss poor game from Eric Winston or two or maybe three, you set his fat butt on the bench. You tell Okoye and Okam that it appears they will be let go after season and if they don't like it they better step up their game. You put Quin back on the #1 WR and play KJ opposite until he prays himself into being a cover CB.

17. thegr8fan

thegr8fan All Pro

How quickly I am forgotten on this board. :cool:

Dude I am as realistic as it comes. I am the one who called for HWNSNBM 2 YEARS before he was cut, FINALLY. I see the teams flaws and yes, I agree with most of your post. Those POTENTIAL idea's are all things that might work to fix this team.

HOWEVER..........REALISTICALLY my post is accurate. We are not the only team at 3-2. In fact there are many of them. And unless the Jets win tonight there is only ONE team in the AFC with 4 wins right now. REALISTICALLY the Texans have never lead the division for the first 5 games of the season. REALISTICALLY we control our own destiny at this point of the season.

Nothing I posted wasn't REALISTIC. It's just a matter of perspective. You can focus on the negative or enjoy the positives. We control our own destiny at week 6 in the season. Don't look now, but thats PROGRESS for this team.

18. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

Based on what, lets worry about our record after the next game before we start predicting beyond that.

19. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

I understand what you are saying, but you have to have someone that you can be confident to do as least as well to plug in or you are just going to hurt the team. With Brown out, who would you put in for Winston? Salaam?

Right...:rolleyes:

And you gain nothing by threatening Okoye and Okam at this point. If you don't think they are doing their best, sit 'em if you have better options. If you don't have better options, you can't do that.

20. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Yep, they look like the same old Texans we've had for years. I'll still be watching them and cheering them on, but they just haven't lost that ability to suprise.....both good and bad suprise that is.