Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Song - Red, White and Blue by @DreLadon

Do you like it

• Total voters

TexanSam

Hall of Fame
Not really a fan. Do we even need a team song? This is the NFL, not college. How many other teams have a team song?

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
Look out football, here we come,
Houston Texans, number one.
Houston has the Texans, the greatest football team.
We take the ball from goal to goal like no one's ever seen.
We're in the air, we're on the ground ... always in control
And when you say the Texans, you're talking Super Bowl.
'Cause we're the Houston Texans, Houston Texans, Houston Texans, Number One.
Yes, we're the Houston Texans, Houston Texans, Houston Texans, Number One.
We've got the offense.
We've got the defense.
We give the other team no hope. 'Cause we're the Houston Texans, Houston Texans,
You know we're gonna hold the rope.

House of Pain

Wild Speculator
How many teams have a band? If we have that I don't see why we can't have a fan song.
I do believe that the fight song for this team should embody the diversity of Houston. I've always thought the song should not be just a country song, or just a rap song, but something that is a 'melting pot' of all the music culture this great city has to offer.

Having said that and thinking about a possible county-rap type combination by the WRONG ARTISTS could potentially be the worst song ever made.

House of Pain

Wild Speculator
We've got the offense.
We've got the defense.
We give the other team no hope. 'Cause we're the Houston Texans, Houston Texans,
Repped, and still better than Clay Walker.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Not really a fan. Do we even need a team song? This is the NFL, not college. How many other teams have a team song?
It could be worst. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3kmSgoI3GM&feature=related

Thats a funny remix of andre johnson and marc vandameer.

So then I found this thing called google and youtube and it seems that every person trying to make a buck is making their claim to fame by doing a song on every team. I didnt realize there were so many untalented people out there. I dare you to google our team and others to see whats out there. I mean, there is some real crap out there.

At first I thought it was different, unique, and we were getting some cred by being called dirty and people starting to build a bigger fan base cause people were writing songs about us that were better than Clay Walker's. But apparently there are a lot of songs out there about a lot of teams including ours.

I like the song but my initial excitement has faded after spending some time on google.

:toropalm:

But hey, at least your not reading or posting in the "Wave" thread right?

Heath Shuler

SPEED KILLS
We've got the offense.
We've got the defense.
http://melaman2.com/nfl-fightmusic/Oilers__%20Houston_Oilers_No_1.mp3

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I'm not saying that I like it, but compared to Clay Walker's shitfest we have for an anthem, it could possibly be the best song of all time.
I like the Clay Walker song. I think it's as much a rock song as a country song.. it could be sung by anybody, but being that it is Clay Walker's song I can see why it's considered a country song.

But the song rocks, with a country twang.

I wonder if we could get ZZ-Top to do it for us?

False Start

On # 69
The song about, the red, white, and that blue, red, white, and that blue, red, white, and that blue, red, white, and that blue? :kitten:

El Tejano

Hall of Fame
http://www.myspace.com/eltejanoakarickyd

I'm not saying I don't like the other song either. However, I feel he dates the song and soon it will be old. What happens when Jacoby and Neil Rackers are no longer playing on the team. If he wanted to put names, he could've put guys that at least would be considered for a future Texans ring of honor or something like Andre.

However, I feel my song applies to Texans for Texan fans. Let me know what you think.

El Tejano

Hall of Fame

I'm not saying I don't like the other song either. However, I feel he dates the song and soon it will be old. What happens when Jacoby and Neil Rackers are no longer playing on the team. If he wanted to put names, he could've put guys that at least would be considered for a future Texans ring of honor or something like Andre.

However, I feel my song applies to Texans for Texan fans. Let me know what you think.

House of Pain

Wild Speculator
I like the Clay Walker song. I think it's as much a rock song as a country song.. it could be sung by anybody, but being that it is Clay Walker's song I can see why it's considered a country song.

But the song rocks, with a country twang.

I wonder if we could get ZZ-Top to do it for us?
And maybe that is the reason that I don't really care for the song...it COULD be sang by anyone. It lacks personality (IMO) and I think whatever song is adopted by this team should have more 'balls.'

Personally, I'm biased towards ZZ Top, Scarface/Geto Boys or something to that effect. With all due respect to Clay and his fans, the song doesn't get me amped to watch the Texans kick the **** out of the opposing team.

Rey

I like the song for what it is.

I think we can do better though. Like El Tejano was saying, it dates itself and doesn't really have a carry over effect.

El Tejano

Hall of Fame
I like the song for what it is.

I think we can do better though. Like El Tejano was saying, it dates itself and doesn't really have a carry over effect.
I've been dying to get 610 to listen to my Texans Rap Song. Anyone listened to it yet:

Nick Scurfield got it from me once and he liked it enough to send it up. I even got an official email that said thanks but we aren't asking for outside submissions.

Let me know what yall think.

House of Pain

Wild Speculator
I think the lyrics are better because you don't mention players names, however, I don't think the beat is 'catchy' or 'mainstream' enough to really catch the attention of most of the fan base. I will say it sounds way more Houston than DreLadon's song, and it's actually constructed like a song that could last longer than 2 offseasons.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong, based on the 'play it safe' ways of Bobby McNair.

El Tejano, I like it! I think it would be fun to hear it played at the game, but it's not easy enough to chant, example the Luv ya blu song! New Orleans has a cool deal they do! They flash the words on their big screens and it's chanted in sections like this:

We are coming
To
Get
YOU!

It gets louder and louder! I loved it! It's short enough and easy and the place stands up and screams it really! I wish we had something just as simple as that!

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I've been dying to get 610 to listen to my Texans Rap Song. Anyone listened to it yet:

Nick Scurfield got it from me once and he liked it enough to send it up. I even got an official email that said thanks but we aren't asking for outside submissions.

I like it better than that RedWhite&thatBlue song..... but rap is not my thing.

Rey

They flash the words on their big screens and it's chanted in sections like this:

We are coming
To
Get
YOU!

It gets louder and louder! I loved it! It's short enough and easy and the place stands up and screams it really! I wish we had something just as simple as that!
That song for NO's wasn't made specifically for them, but I get what you're saying...

False Start

On # 69

That is a hundred times better than that red white and that blue! The lyrics are bad ass IMO! Good job man! Good luck with it. :jam:

We've got the offense.
We've got the defense.
We should leave that song in the past....with the Oilers...It was what it was.......Oiler fight song....and still Dolphin fight song....
Time to move one .....

Bull Butter

Practice Squad
There's nothing wrong with Clay Walker's song. It wasn't meant to be a "fight song". Some people don't like it simply because Clay's a Country singer.

People have different musical tastes and probably won't agree on any song.

Vinny

shiny happy fan
We should leave that song in the past....with the Oilers...It was what it was.......Oiler fight song....and still Dolphin fight song....
Time to move one .....
I was thinking more in the line of dying a horrible death instead of merely meekly staying in the past.

Showtime100

Got JJ?
I don't like pro teams having fight songs. I don't know why, well, with the possible exception that every last one I have ever heard in my entire lifetime sucks to Kingdom Come.

Leave the fight songs for colleges, they just don't have a place in pro sports.