Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Sign Kevin Bentley

badboy

Hall of Fame
What have you seen from Diles that automatically gives him a better shot than a 6-year vet?
I have seen zilch, however as other posters have commented Kubes has mentioned several times he thinks Diles is good. Some of you may remember me offering a trade scenario not too long ago with Diles as part of the package. I think the coaches have zeroed in on this youngster as a solid player for the future. His size and the way he plays reminds me a lot of Demeco and that ain't bad. Remember, Demeco took over for a multi year veteran.

bah007

Hall of Fame
I have seen zilch, however as other posters have commented Kubes has mentioned several times he thinks Diles is good. Some of you may remember me offering a trade scenario not too long ago with Diles as part of the package. I think the coaches have zeroed in on this youngster as a solid player for the future. His size and the way he plays reminds me a lot of Demeco and that ain't bad. Remember, Demeco took over for a multi year veteran.
I think that Diles deserves a shot.

I just dont think we should count out Bentley winning the job until they have actually competed for it.

RipTraxx

Free Agent
I remember Kubes saying that Zac reminded him of DeMeco when he was a rookie. Not a bad comparison, but then it makes you wonder why only now to give him a shot. Was Clark that much better?

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
I remember Kubes saying that Zac reminded him of DeMeco when he was a rookie. Not a bad comparison, but then it makes you wonder why only now to give him a shot. Was Clark that much better?
true, i say let bentley and diles have ot out on the field and dont play favorites, position battles make the team better, odd that they would pencil diles in as the starter when they didn't give him much playing time last year

Texan_Bill

Hall of Fame
Better??! Probably not... Experienced - yes. Between Mario, Amobi and Meco, that's already a lot of youth in the front 7.

I'm not saying that's the case, just thinking out loud....

Goldensilence

hipster elite
Reminiscent of what Kubiak said of Kevin Walter going into last season. I see Diles getting a real shot at a starting job this season.
Exactly my thoughts.

Do you think Greenwood might be in trouble if one makes a better case for themselves?

buddyboy

Rookie
Exactly my thoughts.

Do you think Greenwood might be in trouble if one makes a better case for themselves?
Possibly, but I think the general view on Greenwood is overly negative. I feel like he's a solid player and it would take a pretty great showing by Diles and Bently to knock him out of his starter role.

RipTraxx

Free Agent
Exactly my thoughts.

IMO not really, second on the team in tackles (as it should be for an OLB) he's fast and seems pretty consistent. It was one of the few moves that casserly got right as far as im concerned.

Charley......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Trail.Blazr

Hooked up to a Kool-Aid IV
never hurts to have quality depth @ all positions :cool:
I'm on board with that logic....It's the difference between 8-8 and a playoff push.

Irregardless of the outcome, nothing could be as painful as back to back seasons with a decimated secondary.