Texans show tough side, work to shed finnese label

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6636246.html

2. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I like it!!!!!!! :bat: :texflag: :boxing:

3. Ckw

Ckw Guest

Wwwwwwwwwoooooooooooo!!!! Now that makes me pumped reading that. Let's hope the guys keep it up. I want to see some fire and some passion. Maybe they will give up some big plays but as long as they are fighting and dishing out the blows, I can take it.

As much as I can't stand Dunta right now, I love this quote:

Kick some ass guys. :bat: :polevault:

4. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Hell yeah! Kick some ass! You either smoke or you get smoked!!! Plain and freakin' simple!

It's a dog eat dog world out there, don't be the guy wearing milkbone underwear.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  5. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

This is what we've been waiting for from this team. And I don't believe these are empty words. I said this in a preseason prediction thread regarding the Texans:

The Jets game forced these players to look in the mirror to find the reasons they weren't winners. I believe they have the winning attitude. Now. Tony Dungy mentioned this offseason that the Texans were a "confidence piece away" from becoming an elite team. Below is my interpretation of Dungy's comment:

The Texans are not a perfect team. The defensive coaching is dubious, at best. The safety positions have haunted this team from its inception. And I still see the Texans suffering from Gary Kubiak's gameday indecisiveness. But, there are no perfect teams in the NFL. Confidence and attitude can go a long way in covering up imperfections. Especially when those traits are emanated from elite players. Like Andre Johnson.

6. Giant Tiger

Giant Tiger Hall of Fame

Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO Wor
    I got the impression the Titans were their own worst enemy last Sunday. It looked like the Texans had enough & finally pushed back. I'm just wondering if they will play with fire right at the start of the game :thinking:

7. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame