Texans Schemes?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by RT22, Mar 26, 2019.

1. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Not playing the OL more in preseason was one of BOB's greatest failings and lead to an 0-3 start. I hope he looks at how BB runs things during the preseason and tries to emulate BB.

CWTexansFan, JB and Texansballer74 like this.
  2. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

We dont know this to be the case. I only coach who the GM gives me comments should tell you something. BOB said the same thing about Gaine this offseason but I do think Gaine/BOB share the same vision more than BOB/the former GM did.

I agree with you about FA's not wanting to come to Houston, why is this and how can this be changed. I'm taking a 4 day vacation and I'm posting while my wife is getting ready. You should start up a thread asking these questions.

thunderkyss and CWTexansFan like this.
  3. Texansballer74

Texansballer74 Hall of Fame

I remember when they gave veterans like Wilfork, Watt and several others time off during the OTAs and etc. We started off 1-4. Something like that that year as well.

CWTexansFan and steelbtexan like this.
  4. Texansballer74

That is a cop out response big time. Especially when he said on several occasions that those choices were both of theirs. Collaboration, collective decision are the words he actually used.

5. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Why did he say the same thing about Gaine this offseason?

What do you think about the 2nd part of my post?

6. Texansballer74

Because that's the way he gets down. And watch what he says when things aren't going good. Classic case of finger pointing/deflecting

7. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Or just being truthful.

8. Texansballer74

Winning cures all Steel or better yet being an actual contender will draw big time fish.

9. Texansballer74

How is he being truthful when he continues to flip flop. Those type of people are not to be trusted.

10. Texansballer74

Steel enjoy your vacation brother. Lol don't get put in the doghouse. I have a few days before I head out to work. So let me get off of here too.

steelbtexan likes this.

11. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

It ain't all winning or the Jag' s/Raider's /Brown's would never sign a quality FA

Mr teX, powda, CWTexansFan and 2 others like this.
  12. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

I think McNair's inmates comment and the fact that the Texans dont pay the most $$$$.

The Texans culture isn't conducive to FA's wanting to come here. Corporate environment.

13. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Houston has never been the Mecca destination that Houstonians know it is

Mr teX, powda and steelbtexan like this.
  14. Texansballer74

Agreed

steelbtexan and JB like this.
  15. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

After 5 seasons of being on his staff and 5 seasons as a head coach, if he hasn't come to the conclusion that maybe BB is on to something by now, he's never going to. Don't hold your breath on that one.

16. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

The problem there is Belichick doesn't come across as a one size fits all kind of approach. He knows how to decide if he needs his starting 5 play 30 minutes in the preseason or 3 series.

I don't think we have a guy who can think & make the best decisions for the team.

17. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Garbage assertion considering how quick BoB has been on making changes after literally 1 half of football, how last season unfolded & how BoB has always seemed to get the most out of his teams despite certain challenges.

& lol.....have u seen Belichick’s dry ass post game pressers? This is the same dude who was about to move on from what most consider the GOAT qb a few years ago......... in the same fashion that he has done with all of his good to great players over the years who are approaching the ends of their careers or don’t fall in line with team objectives. IOW, he is the EPITOME of the one size fits all approach.

But as we’ve discussed as nauseum here, He is the exception, not the rule and I really wish folks would stop bringing him up. most other HC can’t approach things the way he has done over the last 20 years b/c:
    A- if they have franchise QBs, those guys have demanded to be paid as such hindering their teams in the process....let alone having arguably the GOAT qb playing for them.

B- they haven’t been winning nearly at the same clip as BB

C- most HC, don’t wear both the GM/HC hats and have full control over the development of the team like BB does.

Truly a unique situation up there. But let’s be real, if any of those 3 things are not in place/happening it is highly probable Belichick isn’t in NE past 8-9 years for 1 reason or another.

18. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

Garbage reply. I'm not the one who brought up Belichick, I was just replying to your girlfriend. Why don't you try keeping her in check from time to time.

19. Texansballer74

We bring Belichick up for several reasons. For one he's a great example who many other coaches should try to emulate. And 2nd he's Bill O'brien's mentor. I guess ole Tex has forgotten we are suppose to be New England 2.0. Therefore, his name will be brought up and will continue to be brought up around these parts.

20. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

I wish that were the case. Definitely a misconception we (fans, myself anyway) had when he was announced as our HC.

But NE was only a small part of BO'bs coaching history. George O'Leary was O'brien's mentor & he's been trying to form the Texans as Georgia Tech/UCF...

Nothing he's done here resembles NE. Far as I can tell.