Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans release Clemens sign Jeff Garcia

Even if Jeff Garcia never plays a down for us he's already made a great contribution to this message board. Great job buddy!!!

:bravo:

LOL.

I guess Garcia and his agent reduced their asking price. :kitten:

Glad to see this being done. Was verrrrrry shaky on the idea of Clemens being on the roster at all, and now we have two veteran guys to pool from if Yates gets injured.

On the topic of trying out punters, Matt Turk IS a candidate you say? It's a done deal. Gary wants familiarity any way he can get it (see: David Anderson). The Turk is gonna' be back, guys. Bank on it.

By the way, I'm not pulling a "Bob is cheap" or a "Kubiak wants his buddies back with him!" stunt.

I'm saying that the PUNTER is not as important as QB, and if Gary can sign a known commodity to the position of punter...then it's a quick and easy choice he can make, allowing him to go and fry bigger fish that need his attention.

At this stage, he needs all the peace of mind he can be given. This Sunday is playoffs. We can get to the playoffs THIS SUNDAY.

Does anyone know if Delhomme and Garcia are even mentor type players?

They could both be 'holes that only care about themselves.

Now that doesn't sound like the type of player the Texans usually sign but something in the back of my mind thinks Garcia has stated previously he only wants to be in a situation where he could be the man..... I might be misremembering.

You would expect however Garcia to learn a system faster than Clemens just based on experience.

During most of the game you would see Delhomme right next to Kubiak and everytime Yates came over there was Delhomme which looked like he was inputting on the conversation. I liked what I saw from Delhomme and what he seemed to be supporting.

pics raised???? find the rest of this pic of carmella and enjoy...

21260439.jpg

Fake and photoshopped.

:wadepalm:

I asked her if it was photshopped but she wouldn't say anything and said her lips were sealed

there are some very non-PG photos of carmella floating around.. let me just say this ina very PG way.. her whispering eye is flawless..

keywords: jeff garcia wife phone zap

:bravo:
Obviously, you don't know Carmella. Her "whispering eye" has been known to roar. It can be "shut up", but it takes a special man.

They took out the good parts, made it "safe" for this thread.

yes i cropped it for this board, i gave the hints on how to find the full photo.. im thinking the guy is implying that the actual pic is fake.. it is not fake.. it is very real.. i just figured the MALE crowd would enjoy it..

Last edited:
I hope that the introduction of Garcia does not take the emphasis of the 2nd and 3rd QB "helping" Yate solidifying his performance, into an emphasis of 2 vets competing against each other.

This was actually my only concern regarding Garcia, but I guess if he's running the scout team, it's not as big a deal.

Everything I've heard regarding DelHomme is that he's a great person to be put in the mentor/big brother role. I think that's at least part of the reason he was chosen over Garcia last week.

Thanks for the confirmation on Garcia.

Nice to hear Delhomme can be of help though.

This was actually my only concern regarding Garcia, but I guess if he's running the scout team, it's not as big a deal.

I think it will help our defense a lot with a pro like Garcia running the scout team. It should also help our back up receivers stay in game shape, ready to go at a moments notice.

Maybe Garcia watched the Texans beat the Falcons and thought that this might just be his last opportunity to get to a Super Bowl even if he was just the 3rd string QB.

I'm think that during the competition to see who was going to be the number 2 QB they saw that Clemens wasn't going to cut it. That's why they called Garcia back and signed him. Just a thought.

This is a serious puzzler.

They pass on Garcia for Clemens.

The bring Garcia back to work out with Delhomme.

Seems obvious they're going to sign Garcia this time around.

Nope! They sign Delhomme.

Then they waive Clemens and sign Garcia.

Maybe GP is right and Garcia was wanting too much money.

Or.....

Oh hell, what does it matter.

Welcome aboard, Mr. Garcia. Please put Carmella in the stands!

Lingerie+1.jpg

Just wait until next week when we release Delhomme and sign Croyle.

Nobody's job is safe! LOL.

I am glad we got rid of Clemens. No harm meant toward the guy, I'm sure he was hoping to stick around and such....I just wanted veterans at QB, at this stage of the year. Garcia is mobile. He's seen a lot of football.

You never know what a guy can do if he's got THIS kind of offense and THIS kind of defense at his disposal. A lot of times, the guys like Delhomme and Garcia were playing for teams who had nothing for them to work with.

I'm think that during the competition to see who was going to be the number 2 QB they saw that Clemens wasn't going to cut it. That's why they called Garcia back and signed him. Just a thought.

I'm thinking they signed Clemens to run the practice team, Leinart was the starter, TJ was going to be the #2, & Garcia was a little over qualified.

They signed Delhomme to be the #2, leaving Clemens on the scout team. Maybe Clemens didn't like this & started making noise & we did the ole addition by subtraction thing.

It's also likely they realized we aren't a farm club for QBs, & decided if Clemens wasn't ever going to be a possibility to step in, might as well cut him now.

Back