Texans record this year?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by tylercoltsfan, Sep 8, 2009.

1. tylercoltsfan

tylercoltsfan Rookie

Sorry if this was already a thread.... I have not been here in a LOOOONG time.... I was just curious what some of you think the end record will be.... looking around this site, alot of you seem to think you wont do that good which dissapoints me because as a Colts fan I think the Texans have a good shot at competing for the title this year.... The Texans started off slow last year and finished pretty strong other then losing a couple weak games like to the Raiders.... However none the less if the Texans had won eve just 2 games last year at the start (which they should have against the Colts) They would have been 10-6 which is where I see them going this year.... I dont quite see them winning the division but to be honest I can see them having a better record then the Titans and Kitties.....

Dont worry the Steelers and Colts will help you out.... After the Steelers smash the Tits and the Colts pound the kitties.... hopefully the texans can pick up a win.... It would be sweet to see the Colts and Texans fighting for the divsion.... rather then the Titans who I think are way over rated and will most likely go 10-6 at best this year.
    Anyway good luck to you guys this year.

2. mattieuk

mattieuk Site Contributor

I would be surprised/disappointed if the Titans pulled out a 10-6 season. I think it'll be the Texans and Colts probably fighting it out for the division. I would be surprised if 11-5 didn't win the division this year...most of the teams are either in a descendancy this year (Colts and Titans) or struggling to prove their supporters right (Jags and Texans).

I can see us pulling off a 10-6 record, and going all out for the division, getting pipped at the post by Indy, and missing out on a wildcard spot. It'll still be a 'moral victory' season though! We're good at them!

:fans:

3. tylercoltsfan

tylercoltsfan Rookie

I totally agree with you however I think in order to win the division a 12-4 will still have to be the number to win.... I could be wrong (obviously lol) but every year people think the Colts are destined to decline.... and every year whether it looks ugly or pretty they pull off at least twelve wins. Peyton Manning struggled at the beginning of last year coming off his surgery.... This year in pre season he looked like his old self and wont struggle coming into the season.... not to mention with the help of Donald Brown, and a healthy O line beefed up... there is no reason for the Colts not to have at least 12 wins...

Same can be said with the Texans... You can never count out the Matt to Andre connection... as well as the Texans running game should be pretty good this year (highly under rated) The only thing that will prevent the Texans from a nice 10-6, 11-5, 12-4 record is if matt schaub hurts himself again or something prevents him from playing for a few weeks... Other wise it will be a dog fight for that division.

4. barrett

barrett Hall of Fame

My prediction is we go 10-6 (2-4) and are in the running for a playoff spot but 3rd in the Division.

5. Joe Texan

Joe Texan Inducted 04

We Will Be 2 and 0 against the Dolts and 14 and 0 against the rest of the field

6. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

I think we have ten wins in us. But we won't make the playoffs.
    Indy, Tenn., Pitts., and Balt. will win 11 or more. S.D. and N.E. will win their divisions with 9 and 10 wins, respectively. We'll get our first winning record, 10-6. But it'll be a bittersweet accomplishment.

7. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

I'm voting 10-6, 60% chance at playoffs.

8. imatexan

imatexan Hall of Fame

NJ-W
    @Tenn-L
    JAX-W
    Oak-W
    @Ariz-L
    @Cincy-W
    San Fran-W
    @Bufallo-W
    @Indy-L
    Tenn-W
    Indy-L
    @JAX-W
    Sea-L
    @St Louis-W
    @Miami-W
    NE-L

10-6

Maybe getting one of the Colts games.

:fans:

9. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

Our New England game will be shown on NBC. I'm calling it. Therefore, we'll still be in the playoff hunt around that time. :) I hope.

10. notafaker

notafaker Rookie

I'm going with 8-8 until they don't do it again.

11. GNTLEWOLF

GNTLEWOLF All Pro

After being overly optimistic after the draft, I have now come back to earth and I believe that you just may be right..

12. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Not bad, can't say I would disagree with any enthusiasm here. I do think we are certainly capable of winning more than eight, but we were last year also. This year we are a better team with an easier schedule. Hopefully that means we finally break the 8-8 barrier with 9 or more wins. Hell, who knows?

The Texans will win between 3 and 13 games this year. Mark my words on that. LOL

13. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

11-5 (4-2) and we win the division

Tennessee and Indy both win between 9 and 10 games.

for the record, I've never predicted the Texans would win the division before.

14. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

19-0

/Thread

15. Shaft75

Shaft75 Site Contributor

That pairs very nicely with our 19-10.

16. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

17. 4Texans

4Texans Hall of Fame

I'm going with 10-6 this year. The last two years, there was always two games that we should have won if we had just closed the deal.

18. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

That would be a fantastic 8-8 though, I bet. :)

I think, given the schedule, that 9-7 is about equivalent to 8-8 last year. I'm not making a prediction, but anything under 10-6 should be very disappointing to the entire oraganization - from the owner through the coaches and front office and down to the players.

19. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

If they can play some legit D they have a shot. If not, we are stuck in .500ville, plus or minus a game. We can always hope that the Pats have nothing to play for at the end of the year and we can get our usual end of season winning streak playing teams that are resting for the playoffs. Somewhere I read that the Texans were the best team in the league when nothing is on the line.

20. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

That's how I feel. It would be nice to go 12-4 or better, but until this team can be consistent, I don't see us going over 8-8.