Texans random thought of the day

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

Sigh. So you're with the "eye test" guys when it comes to judging a defense yeah? So if I showed you how the Texans D has consistently been if not top 10 - top half in the league when it comes to points and yards you would probably counter with a "but, but .. they didnt face anybody" .. and in the same sentence find a way to praise an 11 game win streak? Which is it?

So how are the Texans winning games? Because of Bill OBriens infinite football knowledge? Luck? Both? None? Just funny to me to hear guys argue for their coach and then try to discredit the main aspect that got their coach to the place he is. So when the team sucks its because of the defense, and when the team is good its because of their defense? Groundbreaking stuff.

MeatBear77 likes this.
  2. Dejaview

Dejaview Veteran

Kubiak, the greatest offensive mind in Texans history according to some here, working with the “best” GM we’ve had according to some, won his SB not here, NOT EVEN CLOSE...both had losing records in Houston, had a history of sucking in big games...but because of....well Denver’s D, not O, put together by a GM not named RS. Who cares how we win? Build all three phases like we are now doing.

CWTexansFan likes this.
  3. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Way to twist words and make a nice strawman argument. The defense last year failed in some big games as in Indy and Philly. I never said the offense was good, you just won't admit that the defense also had their problems. The entire team sucked in that playoff game but you want to lay it all on the offense. IT WAS A TEAM SUCK!

otisbean likes this.
  4. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

So let me get this straight ... you're going to slander a Houstonian, a lifelong NFL man, a guy who has perfected the WCO and whose offensive system has been successful for 30 years in favor of a pissant positional coach who's only signature moment was when Tom Brady chastised his ass on the sideline? Really? What has Bill OBrien offered the game and the Texans? Kubiak won a championship 2 years after this team said he was not good enough, with the same DC that the team said was not good enough. Talk about Karma. Bill OBrien took over a playoff team and ran it into the ground. He's a pathetic playoff coach and is fools gold. This team wins in spite of him, not because of him and thats almost entirely because of Deshaun Watson and the defense and you are over here talking about year 6 of a rebuild??? Should we compare the rosters at the time each coach took over? "Sucking in big games?" LOLLLLL Bill OBrien playoff teams AVERAGE 12.5 POINTS PER GAME!!!

Bill OBrien over Gary Kubiak?? You're funny! And to your anecdotal niceties - yes Gary Kubiak was the greatest offensive mind this team has had who's better Dom Capers? Bill OBrien??? Yes Rick Smith was the best GM we've had. Who else was better? Charlie Casserly? Brian Gaine? I guess you'll go on to say that Bill OBrien is a pretty good GM too huh?

Its OK to be critical of the team when they deserve it by the way .. not everything has to be rainbows and unicorns.

[​IMG]

texan279, Mangler, ObsiWan and 3 others like this.
  5. FirstTexansFan

FirstTexansFan The Unknown Fan

I hate to admit it, but yes... If I changed allegiances to the New England Patriots, the team would end up proverbial losers forever :texflag:

thunderkyss likes this.
  6. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

7. Texansballer74

Texansballer74 Hall of Fame

8. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/201...m_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=pos3headline

CWTexansFan and powda like this.
  9. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Note later in article CB Jermaine Kelly is mentioned. He has been cut and replace by Jermaine Ponder.

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/201...m_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=pos3headline

powda and thunderkyss like this.