Texans random thought of the day

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Sonny

Sonny TexSon Proud

I was reading some espn articles and it was saying who will be the ones to watch and why and mentioned Bell was now in Houston as fact but perhaps it was just speculation .
    Anyway.. thus was my reason for said thread and maybe it was premature so, linkless threads get deleted and that's fine.
    I'll you kids start the threads from now on.

2. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Ex Texans trying to make it back to the NFL via the AFF:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Defensive backs like safety Kurtis Drummond and cornerback Robert Nelson Jr. had strong games for their respective teams and at one point were players on the rise for the Texans. The San Antonio Commanders feature three former Texans offensive lineman that could not crack their depth chart but now are starting in left tackle Jaryd Jones-Smith, right guard Mason Gentry and right tackle Andrew McDonald. Wide receiver Chris Thompson showed promise for the Texans in his rookie season of 2017 but was injured for majority of the 2018 training camp and was released prior to the start of the season.

Former third-round selection from 2013 and disappointment defensive end Sam Montgomery is trying to rejuvenate his football career with the Memphis Express and fan-favorite running back Akeem Hunt had an impressive game for the Orlando Apollos. LINK

3. Sonny

Sonny TexSon Proud

4. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

You can copy and paste as long as it's not the entire article (some exceptions if very short piece).........and you include the link for the article.

JB, CWTexansFan, steelbtexan and 2 others like this.
  5. Sonny

Sonny TexSon Proud

Thanks Dagger but wouldn't even let me screens screenshot the portion I wanted.
    Well, from a phone anyway.

CloakNNNdagger likes this.
  6. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

Whoa talk about a blast from the past.

7. Mangler

Mangler Hall of Fame

Now that Kareem Hunt has signed with the Browns, are you guys changing your minds about the Texans going after Bell? The Browns ain’t playing around and on paper seem to have a great backfield in Chubb and Hunt. Here’s hoping for some breaking news in the coming weeks for the Texans!

CWTexansFan and OptimisticTexan like this.
  8. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Our minds have nothing to do with it. Will Gaine, O'Brien, and Cal collectively decide to go after Bell?

Magic 8 Ball says...

[​IMG]

CWTexansFan, JB, steelbtexan and 4 others like this.
  9. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

?

I'm glad this thread was started.

Sonny likes this.
  10. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Great post.

I really enjoyed fitting football around golf Sunday.

The football was really good and I liked the Sky Judge. The 5 man rush rule really helps the offenses.

Very ahead of the curve and I actually love watching Bercovicci (SP) get his helmet knocked off along with other hard hits and no flags being thrown. It was like real football. Very innovative an the NFL would do well to make some of these adjustments.

austins23 likes this.

11. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

12. Sonny

Sonny TexSon Proud

I did start a thread yesterday morning and asked if it was already known etc and it was deleted by a mod with the caveat that unlinked/proof of info would be removed.. and it was.. so, I tried to come back and at least show where and what I was reading.

CWTexansFan and steelbtexan like this.
  13. maverick512000

maverick512000 Hall of Fame

As to your question yes I would sign Bell but as far as the Browns go to me that doesn't show they "ain't playing around" it shows that they will take any player they think will help them win no matter what that player has done. I lost a lot of respect for that team when they signed him. Oh I knew some team, somewhere would do it and I was afraid it would be us. I don't care if it was a sure thing that Hunt would win us a super bowl, some things are more important than football and not showing kids watching this that you can get away with anything as long as you can play a game very well is one of those things.

I hope this comes back to bite them in the ass.

14. Shishkabob

Shishkabob Hall of Fame

Well Dorsey did draft him, and Dorsey doesn't really care about that stuff hence why Tyreek Hill is on the Chiefs and now somehow a darling of the league.

But honestly I think Hunt should be suspended, but his actions shouldn't prevent him from being employed by the league. I've seen the video several times, it was 2 drunk adults being stupid. Both had plenty of opportunities to walk away, neither did but he wasn't sitting there beating her either.

15. maverick512000

I'm not saying bar him for life but also I think handing him another big money contract less than 6 months after it happens sends the wrong answer. If that had been an average citizen they would still be at least on bail and awaiting trial. But he's a football player so all that means is he might not get to play a game for a few weeks and get a slap on the wrist fine.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  16. Shishkabob

Shishkabob Hall of Fame

Well he didn't get a big contract, he signed for the league minimum with incentives that might push it over $1 million. Pretty small NFL contract.

If that had been an ordinary citizen they would have returned to work on Monday like nothing ever happened, because the cops who showed up decided after watching the film and talking to witnesses that no crime had been committed, it was 2 people being dumb and drunk, but there was no damage to property or person so no reason to file charges

17. maverick512000

Really, you don't think that him being a major NFL star on a team that seemed bound for the super bowl had nothing to do with them deciding that there was no crime? Also the league minimum is still a big contract, these guys are paid millions to play a game.

18. Shishkabob

Shishkabob Hall of Fame

No I don't, I've seen similar things happen in real life and the cops chalk it up to people being dumb and let it go. They weren't in public so can't charge them with a PI, no harm was done to either party, or the property so you can't charge them there, one of them could have tried pressing charges on the other but they didn't so no reason to arrest them there. Sure the cops could have taken them in for causing a disturbance, but they won't a lot of the times.

You also say you shouldn't bar him for life, but then you have an issue with a team giving him the bare minimum they can give him, a full year after the incident occurred. So which is it, should he be out of the league or should he get a second chance?

CWTexansFan and Texas Jake like this.
  19. maverick512000

One year is not even close to life, also we didn't learn about it till a few months ago so its not like he has been barred for that entire year. Hunt was never sorry it happened he was sorry he got caught. Look we are just going to have to agree to disagree, I don't want to assume anything about your feelings on this but something tells me we are not going to see eye to eye.

To me Hunt is another example of everything wrong with society today. You can do anything as long as you have money and are famous. Don't get me wrong there are players like Watson that have great stories of hard work and I'm glad for their success, still think they are overpaid but its not my money.

FYI a hotel hallway, like the one this happened in, is considered to be public.

http://www.clarkprosecutor.org/html/police/aug02.htm

"Thus, in the court's view, a hotel hallway is in fact a public place for purposes of the public intoxication statute."

Also the excuse of being dumb and drunk is a very poor excuse and should never be used to defend anything.

20. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Yep

Bottom line

Browns got a pro bowl RB for cheap and the Texans didn't. Now the Texans to try to stop the likes of Hill/Hunt instead of them being weapons that Watson could really use. Oh well it is what it is.