Texans random thought of the day

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

Wait? Is that an option? Seriously! I'm headed to Kirby right now.

2. Shishkabob

Shishkabob Hall of Fame

nah jokes on you, only JB has that power

CWTexansFan likes this.
  3. Mangler

Mangler Hall of Fame

Oh, they’re high alright...

thunderkyss likes this.
  4. Mari-OWNED!

Mari-OWNED! Bucco Bruce

So I hear Brooks Reed is available...

CWTexansFan and OptimisticTexan like this.
  5. Shishkabob

Shishkabob Hall of Fame

I actually liked Reed, he wasn't a very good play maker or anything, but he seemed to have a good feel for when JJ was going to free lance so he would keep contain and we wouldn't get gashed for 15-20 yard runs when JJ bit thinking it was a pass play

PapaL and JB like this.
  6. gafftop

gafftop Hall of Fame

I don't want Bell. We need other positions more. RBs can be found and be effective if they have an OL and are used properly/schemed by the OC. We have neither.

7. Texansphan

Texansphan Hall of Fame

I see that as well.
    But...Bell is a proven guy in the NFL and is just as good with his hands so is a two for one player.
    If he does not cost an arm and a leg, I would have to be interested.

8. FuzzyLogic

FuzzyLogic Mathematically Possible

Not saying I want to spend a ton on Bell, or whether I want him at all - but I see this every offseason "you can get a RB from anywhere" so we say that every offseason, next year we complain about the run game and we need a new back - but just go draft one of the 5th round guys and plug him in.

If you can get a good running back from anywhere - the Texans suck at shopping.

CWTexansFan and amazing80 like this.
  9. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

yes, but there is a better shopping plan than overpaying for a high quality, pre-owned luxury automobile that's been sitting for 1 year.

Max, otisbean, FuzzyLogic and 4 others like this.
  10. gafftop

gafftop Hall of Fame

They do suck at shopping, two TEs and not even a running back drafted last year. Lindsey not even drafted.
    Their problem is they need so much and really don't even know what they need.

FuzzyLogic likes this.

11. gafftop

gafftop Hall of Fame

You still have to pay the guy. I think we have more needs in FA.

12. Texansphan

Texansphan Hall of Fame

Teams usually always have needs.
    I can see the benefit of improving the run game and giving Watson another weapon to throw to.
    Two birds with one stone is good value.

13. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Not going to multi quote all but try to address some on Bell, AT's above example of a high quality luxury vehicle is very good IMO and as others I've said I would take him if price is right. Damien Harris Alabama although no where near of size brings much of what Bell does to field and if avail would be much cheaper of course. Most shake heads saying to costly but will Bell be? Read another article today RE: Pitts transitioning him which allows team to meet an offer but writer thought a T tag would hurt team. Players union would sue if tagged as I understand. 2 teams seem to be mentioned other than Houston Colts because of cap which seems off due to 22 YOA Mack and Jets with their safety dining and urging Bell ala Hopkins with FAs he tries to recruit. Yep a sporty high quality luxury vehicle not getting exposed to dings, pot holes would be if interested if a mechanic looks it over and the price is reasonable.

We have other needs than two OTs but if we can buy Trent Brown and Juwuan James to bookend for next 5-6 years we don't? I will soon post a list of cap expenditures we can make and there are several that should put Texans in ranks of top teams. Recent list I saw had Brown, James, Bell and Clowney as top ten IIRC FAs to radically impact teams immediately. Having all four? Sheesh! Bell doesn't need a better Oline to be amazing but give him one plus is blocking plus his catching---now that's an addition. Imagine eliminating drafting OLine and RB and maybe another WR from lists of needs on first two days.

14. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

How about we try to find the next Leveon Bell (minus the drama/locker room headache) instead of overpaying for a player who's best days are behind him and is leaving a locker room where he was despised.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  15. Shishkabob

Shishkabob Hall of Fame

I'm going to go ahead and say with how they didn't re-sign Blue until right after the draft that they were probably wanting to take one. Just things don't always line up with how you want them to. A guy they wanted might have gotten taken before they could have taken him, or whatever. We needed 2 TEs, because the only guys we had at the position was Ryan Griffin, and a slow ass receiver. We had no quality TEs on our roster, at least with our RBs we had a average one in Miller, and if Foreman attacked his rehab how he should have who knows what he might have been.

Let's not play the hindsight game with a guy none of the 32 teams thought was worthy of 1 of the 256 picks

16. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Well that's sweet any suggestions? lol. What drama only locker room issue I'm aware of was some saying he shouldn't hold out. He's not bad actor in locker room and I've read many teammates would take him back. Your opinion his best days behind him with nothing to support that. He's not coming off injury like Clowney or Watt did and 27 on Feb 18th isn't over the hill but for many RBs prime time. He was over worked 2017 & now has year of rest. He is not only hell of a runner and WR but known as the image for a blocking back. Few question his skill sets. TBF, Steel insists Bell's issue in 2014 with grass and booze will rise up five years later---

17. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

The Chronicle's Dale Robertson is retiring.........from the newspaper.........and from fighting.

18. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

you suuurrre about that last part?
    :)

19. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

dang--he's been around for long time; I read his stuff with Houston Post mostly baseball. Thanks for posting.

20. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

Totally agree with that and to drive your point home it's well known that the Steelers year in and year out have one of the best Olines in the NFL. Why just look at how well the guy who replaced Bell this year played for Pittsburg.