Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Predictions for the rest of the season...

I think the Texans have done well so far, but after looking at the remaining teams on their schedule, things could get ugly

Nov 7 @Denver 4:15pm (coin toss, hard to tell who wins this one)
Nov 14 @Indianapolis 1:00pm (Indy wins this one at home)
Nov 21 Green Bay 8:30pm (Greenbay wins this one allthough its a close one)
Nov 28 Tennessee 1:00pm (Tennesee wins this one for redemption)
Dec 5 @N.Y. Jets 1:00pm (another loss, damn, i cant take much more)
Dec 12 Indianapolis 1:00pm (We finally win one after 4 straight losses)
Dec 19 @Chicago 1:00pm (We win this one and make it back to back for the third time this season)
Dec 26 @Jacksonville 1:00pm (jacksonville wins and splits the series)
Jan 2 Cleveland 1:00pm (we win this one)

Its kinda hard to swallow thinking that we will only win 3 more games this year, but going 7-9 with a possible split (8-8) depending on the denver game isnt bad for a third year team. I hope we can do better and we do have a chance depending on our defense, if our defense keeps getting better we have a good chance to advance as a wild card this year, otherwise we make the playoffs next year. go Texans!

Ok ok ok well that was terrible predictions in my opinion,,,,from what i've seen we have the ability to beat any team !!!! and i see us winning more than 3 more and i dont think that the titans have a very good chance at beating us at reliant !!!!!

supertankman said:
Dec 19 @Chicago 1:00pm (We win this one and make it back to back for the third time this season)
Jan 2 Cleveland 1:00pm (we win this one) ..

One game and one health check of the team at a time. Wasn't the consensus around here at the beginning of the season that we would win the first two, and lose the next two? And of course that didn't happen. The look of the schedule changes weekly to me. Green Bay & Indy could be winnable just as easy as Chicago and Cleveland could be loses.

No way we lose to the Tacks at home. Denver will be coming off back-to-back losses now (??!?!) and will be fired up, but our preseason first-stringers did well against them. It'd be amazing if Denver dropped 3 straight, but it's possible. THAT will all depend on the Texans run D, which is improving.

TexanExile said:
No way we lose to the Tacks at home. Denver will be coming off back-to-back losses now (??!?!) and will be fired up, but our preseason first-stringers did well against them. It'd be amazing if Denver dropped 3 straight, but it's possible. THAT will all depend on the Texans run D, which is improving.

I think the whole "will be fired up" thing is overrated. If they couldn't rebound from an embarrassing performance on MNF why should anyone think they will do it next week. Denver has been overrated since John Boy retired. Plummer is going to have his hands full with the Texans defense without more than one legitimate receiver to throw to.

TexanBacker55 said:
I think the whole "will be fired up" thing is overrated. If they couldn't rebound from an embarrassing performance on MNF why should anyone think they will do it next week. Denver has been overrated since John Boy retired. Plummer is going to have his hands full with the Texans defense without more than one legitimate receiver to throw to.

Plummer has not impressed either in AZ or Denver. Your right, they are overrated but we better be able to stop that running game.

supertankman said:
I think the Texans have done well so far, but after looking at the remaining teams on their schedule, things could get ugly

There's not a single game on that list that the Texans can't win and niether will you find one that's a sure thing. Good teams lose to bad teams all the time and by the time we get to say, the Jets for instance I can't honestly say whether the Texans will be one of the good ones or one of the bad ones. We're heading in the right direction though IMO.

Posted by supertankman

Ummmmmmm......December 8th, 2002........47 total offense......Houston beats Pittsburgh 24-6, at Pittsburgh, in the Texans' FIRST YEAR??

anything is possible.......

Its not funny but the defense is coming along and all of a sudden we have a worry offensively. That is David's ankle. This may be the biggest factor facing the Texans. Without David we go nowhere. He's a trouper, but he's definitely having problems healing the ankle. Sprains are very hard to heal. He had two weeks and it didn't take long to be back on the limp list. I'm beginning to worry that its developing into a chronic problem.

supertankman said:
"I think the Texans have done well so far, but after looking at the remaining teams on their schedule, things could get ugly"

This post is by far the worst I've seen to date, I had to cut most of it off.
The only chance Denver has to beat us is if Elway came out of retirement and we all know that ain't gonna happen. As for the rest of the chokers, if we stay healthy and Davis steps up we should blow the comp out of the way. The Texans are proving to the world how good they really are. I visited the Bronco mania boards and even they refer to Carr as "The Elway WE Wish We Had." They even offer to trade. haaaaaaa!!!

You were probably one of the people afraid of the Kitty Cats....

:thumbdown :thumbdown

I can actually see us winning 5 of the remaining games - I don't think we will,
but I definitely think it's a real possibility. No way we win either game in the
next 2 weeks, but I think we can beat Indy & Tenn (to sweep them) here, along with GB, Clevland, & beat Chicago on the road. If we would get to 9-7,
we'd definitely be in the playoff hunt.

It's impossible to say how the rest of the season goes. We beat the Chiefs back in week 3 but if we'd caught the Chiefs last week or the week before we'd have been mauled I believe. So much of it depends on where you catch the other team in it's schedule. Teams (well most of them) are going to have highs and lows throughout the year. Denver's in a low at the moment but does that end this coming week? I don't know. I hope it doesn't. I'm sure they're not done winning games but I'd like to add one more loss to their slump before they turn it around. Ditto for Indianapolis.

If we catch some of these "good" teams at the right time, come to play, and leave it all out there on the field then we can win the majority of these games. We can also lose them because it's unlikely that we don't go through a slump of our own sooner or later.

I'm just taking these games one at a time and enjoying not being an expansion team anymore.

Hervoyel said:
It's impossible to say how the rest of the season goes. We beat the Chiefs back in week 3 but if we'd caught the Chiefs last week or the week before we'd have been mauled I believe. So much of it depends on where you catch the other team in it's schedule. Teams (well most of them) are going to have highs and lows throughout the year. Denver's in a low at the moment but does that end this coming week? I don't know. I hope it doesn't. I'm sure they're not done winning games but I'd like to add one more loss to their slump before they turn it around. Ditto for Indianapolis.

If we catch some of these "good" teams at the right time, come to play, and leave it all out there on the field then we can win the majority of these games. We can also lose them because it's unlikely that we don't go through a slump of our own sooner or later.

I'm just taking these games one at a time and enjoying not being an expansion team anymore.

I think you have no sense of how good we really are. We have arrived.Carr-Johnson-Defence=playoffs. We can beat anybody. @home & on the road. Signs of a great team all over. It's early in the season,but you'll see.:um:

well personally i see us winning 22 games in a row idonno: to crush the pats record !!! No one knows how the rest of the season will turn out !! Even though david is not 100% he still has good pocket presence and can still step up to by extra time !! We will beat the Broncos i just KNOW it !

jnhcarrfans said:
I think you have no sense of how good we really are. We have arrived.Carr-Johnson-Defence=playoffs. We can beat anybody. @home & on the road. Signs of a great team all over. It's early in the season,but you'll see.:um:

Well you're certainly entitled to your opinion. I don't think I'm selling the Texans short though. I know they're good but I also know that NFL seasons are long and filled with chances for things to turn around 180 degrees. Look farther up the thread and you'll see that I've already said that there's not a single game left on our remaining schedule that we are incapable of winning.

I'd stop short of predicting a 13-3 season though. Just because we "can" beat any of these teams doesn't mean we will. I'd call it "realistic" as opposed to not knowing how good we really are.

Hervoyel said:
Well you're certainly entitled to your opinion. I don't think I'm selling the Texans short though. I know they're good but I also know that NFL seasons are long and filled with chances for things to turn around 180 degrees. Look farther up the thread and you'll see that I've already said that there's not a single game left on our remaining schedule that we are incapable of winning.

I'd stop short of predicting a 13-3 season though. Just because we "can" beat any of these teams doesn't mean we will. I'd call it "realistic" as opposed to not knowing how good we really are.

As a true fan i have to aim high. why not go for it all. how do you get there if you don't thrive for it. i think there where a few patriots fan who aimed for it all when everyone else doubted. i bet those fans enjoyed the ride a lot better than the doubter fans. Carr-Johnson-Great Defense=playoffs add a good running game and look out.

jnhcarrfans said:
As a true fan i have to aim high. why not go for it all. how do you get there if you don't thrive for it. i think there where a few patriots fan who aimed for it all when everyone else doubted. i bet those fans enjoyed the ride a lot better than the doubter fans. Carr-Johnson-Great Defense=playoffs add a good running game and look out.

I happen to agree with you no one goes into a game expecting their team to lose ,,"unless your a cardnials fan" idonno: ?!?!?!?!?!?!? But i have high expectations for the rest of the season and i dont think theres anything wrong with that !

TexansTrueFan said:
I happen to agree with you no one goes into a game expecting their team to lose ,,"unless your a cardnials fan" idonno: ?!?!?!?!?!?!? But i have high expectations for the rest of the season and i dont think theres anything wrong with that !

i hope the players feel the same way we do. :thumbup it all starts with believeing.

i think they do because of the confidense and emotion they play with,,,plus they dont seem suprised when they win anymore ! That means they go into games expecting to win unlike last year when theyd win they acted like they had won the superbowl !!! And D. Robinson is gaining confidence which is really helping our secondary, and i think babin is getting better with every game

Hervoyel said:

See thats the thing, I believe we went through our slump in the beginning of the season and our team learned a very valuable lesson from it. They learned that you can't look at the schedule and mark down a win, you have to go out there and fight for it and as fans we should do the same thing.

supertankman said:

Nov 7 @Denver 4:15pm (coin toss, Houston wins this one)
Nov 14 @Indianapolis 1:00pm (Houston wins this one at Indy)
Nov 21 Green Bay 8:30pm (Houston wins this one allthough its a close one)
Nov 28 Tennessee 1:00pm (Houston wins this one for a season sweep)
Dec 5 @N.Y. Jets 1:00pm (another win, damn, i cant take much more)
Dec 12 Indianapolis 1:00pm (We win another one and make it 8 straight wins)
Dec 19 @Chicago 1:00pm (We win this one and make nine straight for the first time this season)
Dec 26 @Jacksonville 1:00pm (Houston wins and sweeps the series)
I dont know about yall but I like it :thumbup

Back