Support Texans Talk as a Monthly Donor

Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

TEXANS OTAs

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CloakNNNdagger, May 20, 2019.

1. maverick512000

maverick512000 Hall of Fame

See this is what kills me about people complaining about the two we lost and then replaced on D. They couldn't keep up with speed, and made Hill look like a HoFer" yet we wanted to keep them and not replace them? That is the definition of insanity, our two replacements may suck much worse but at least they are trying to address the problem by doing something different. As far as offense you hit the nail on the head with staying healthy, when all 3 WRs and Watson are on the field our offense, despite or because of BoB depending on you PoV, is, IMO, one of the most explosive and dangerous in the NFL. Hopkins catches anything within a two foot radius of him, Fuller if you blink he's 20 yards down field and Coutee is great as that guy that you don't want to focus on him, because the other two are such a problem, but he's to good to ignore. If the Oline can give Watson 3 seconds each play without having to scramble then I really think we are going to see some big numbers.

2. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

I said nothing about keeping them

I just said people should go look at Roby/Colvin's tape from last yr before calling them good FA pickups. Is that too much to ask?

HaveMercy likes this.
  3. Dejaview

Dejaview All Pro

Great post. This has always been my angle in my short time here. The FO IS trying to address past problems. Who could pick a way to hate that while whining “more of the same”? It’s ok to be positive. Doesn’t mean you are a blind Homer, but, finally, I see a fresh beginning, a break, something to follow. I find myself for the first time in a loooooooong time getting interested in the individual players, coaches and GM. Nowhere does it say it will be seamless. Bob Dylan sings that the darkest hour is right before the dawn. I’m seeing light.

CWTexansFan, HaveMercy and JamTex like this.
  4. Rich Schmidt

Rich Schmidt Myopicone

I had a rule, talk to people, not about them. Really makes things better in a work place and life as it gets every issue in the open and sorted or at least both sides know where they stand. I know this is a message board, but it is more powerful to say things that you would to his face. I am not offended by butt chin, but think we had a poster just trying to say content is more powerful then name calling to which I agree, but humor and sports are also my getaway from life so I dont mind some well timed humor. Not many people rush to BOB's defense on some of his clock management and challenges, but I dare say he is slightly better than a few years ago so at least he is working the issue. If he let's his OC be the OC, he would have more time and focus to manage the game as well.

I think we were discussing OTA's again?

5. maverick512000

maverick512000 Hall of Fame

The ironic part is for once I actually didn't think about you when I said "people". :clown:

steelbtexan likes this.
  6. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

I don't comment on people's looks, but I think OBrien would be more offended by my opinion that he's one of the worst offensive coaches the NFL has ever seen

7. Texansballer74

Texansballer74 Hall of Fame

Both were solid last season. What films have you watched

8. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

butt chin is taking it easy on the guy.

if he wins a superbowl as a HC here or anywhere he will still have a butt chin.

Mangler likes this.
  9. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

Take the politics to the No Spin Zone.

CWTexansFan and thunderkyss like this.
  10. Texansballer74

Texansballer74 Hall of Fame

Now this fit perfectly to what's going on on Kirby drive.

Support Texans Talk as a Monthly Donor

Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.