Texans Offseason Progress Report

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texan4Ever, May 30, 2009.

1. Texan4Ever

Texan4Ever Hall of Fame

I don't know if this has been posted, if so mods please delete if you wish...anyways here is the Yahoo link to the Texas progress report: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...t=Ao8P5d97HgB3CWqR1cqLCEZDubYF?urn=nfl,166274.

Some interesting things said about the Texans:

Too early in the season but I smell a breakthrough for the Texans this upcoming season :shades:!

2. gary

gary Hall of Fame

8-8 again this year and Gary K. probably will be gone in 2010.

3. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

Nope, 12-4 or 11-5. We'll dominate. If the defense is fixed, that is.

4. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Hell the defense can play like crap again, but as long as Houston doesn't turn the ball over and gets a little better in the redzone we'll still make the playoffs.

Defense aside.....the biggest thing that kept us from a playoff caliber season was the god awful amount of turnovers and leaving a shit load of points off the board.

5. Texan4Ever

Texan4Ever Hall of Fame

Hey Gary, hope that doesn't mean what I think it means :(

6. gary

gary Hall of Fame

What do you think it means?

7. Texan4Ever

Texan4Ever Hall of Fame

You wrote that Gary K. will be gone in 2010 and I thought you ment you would be gone but then it just hit me that Gary K. is Gary Kubiak...stupid me...lol...sorry about the mix up!

:user:

8. Texan4Ever

Texan4Ever Hall of Fame

Satying on topic according to this thread I think with a new DC and with guys like Barwin and Cushing coming in to help our team we can only do better then 8-8. As stated, the Colts I expect will struggle during the season since they lost one of if not the best HC in NFL modern history, IMO, the Jags will rely on MoJo power and with Garrad's performance last year and there WRs corps weak I also expect them to have a 7-9 type of season. The Titans will sturggle because that fat lard Haynewsworth-less is gone and that should hurt there D-Line and I just don't see Collins having the same performance as he did last year. Plus we have an easy schedule and I fully expect us to make the playoffs and anything short of the playoffs will be considered horrible! :gun:

9. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Playoffs or disappoinpointment.

10. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

Little bit antsy are we? :thinking: Don't have to post it three times.

Playoffs or Bust!

11. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

He posted at 10:05 at the same time the server does maintenance.

12. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

not going to happen we could only win 4 games and iam sure Kubes will stay

13. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

I wouldn't go that far.

I don't buy this crap either...

- Dispite the disarray that seems to be the Colts coaching staff, the team only lost one offensive weapon - Harrison. And went out and got Addai some help at RB. OBTW, Manning is still orchestrating that offense. They'll still be tough.
    - On paper, the Titans always seem to have some deficiency; last year it was "no #1 WR". This year its "they'll REALLY miss Haynesworth". Bullock, Vanden Bosch, Kearsh, and a fairly good secondary are all still there. And Jeffy always puts his guys in position to win. This year will be no diff.
    - The Jags couldn't possibly have a repeat of the M.A.S.H.-type experience they had last year, could they? Garrard will be playing to show he's worth all that money. And did I mention that JDR is very likely coaching for his job this year. They will miss Fred Taylor more than they think but they'll still be tough.

The diff is, we are much more equipped to run through it successfully than we've ever been. Since Kubiak's been here, we've beat them all. And they know it too which means they won't play us cheap any more.

oh yeah, the Gauntlet of Football Hell is still here in the AFC South.

14. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Are you for real? A large set back type of season and Gary stays. I have one better maybe they'll renew his contract.

15. Xetuoh1836

Xetuoh1836 Rookie

They'll be tough, welcome to the NFL! But, to think losing your HC, DC, OC, OLC won't affect the team, well, you and I will disagree. Peyton is a great QB, hell, HOF bound, yet until he can manage more then one ring in 8 season, with all of the coaching staff in place (or he parts the red sea and Goodell allows him to run from the both and then call the plays on offense, defense, special teams) it'll be a huge adjustment!

The Titan(ics)? As long a Bud Adams inflates his lungs with O2 (thus depriving a plant to survive) TN will always be the bridesmaid. Mario knocking that crutch out from underneath Collins arm and he accepts his AARP retirement, then what do they have? As bad as Carr is/was, his fetal positions were on the playing field while VY's is on the bench cause those mean ole' hillbillies "boo'd" him. Kearse (for sure) and even KVB might join are one step away from Collins in the AARP line. Can't catch if you a'int got a thrower, can't dominate the DL if your guys are resting in the whirlpool. Bullock even knows this year will probably be his last. Oh yeah, they too lost there DC to the Lions.

The Jags? David Garrard is going to do what? I really like MJD but, as your primary back? Please! We've owned them even when we've sucked! I don't see that changing this year!

I'm not saying SB but, I am saying an increase in wins for the Texans. And before you remind me that the Texans lost their DC, I might change my mind on a SB run, because RS has been shown the door! The 'best' off season move of many...

16. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Anybody here think Dungy got out while the getting was good?

Giant Tiger likes this.
  17. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

The Texans record vs AFC South opponents (2006-2008):
    Indianapolis 1-5
    Tennessee 1-5
    Jacksonville 4-2
    Overall AFC South 6-12

The Texans have been the AFC South doormat since the start. For the Texans to become a winner, that must change. The Colts and Titans have subtracted more than they've added. There won't be a better season to turn the division record around. As my sig states below, "If not now, when?"

18. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

Yep!

19. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

Good coach but Manning had more to do with the Colts success than Dungy.

20. Giant Tiger

Giant Tiger Hall of Fame

Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO Wor
    I think so too