Texans notes: Cushing likely to start

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6605096.html

I like Okam ,but I wish I could hear that he plays very very well against 1st teamers

2. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Outside linebacker Brian Cushing, the first-round pick who didn't play in preseason because of a sprained knee, should start against the Jets. Zac Diles, who played Cushing's spot in preseason, will move back to the left side and start ahead of Xavier Adibi.

Although Kasey Studdard had a good camp and preseason, Chester Pitts will begin the season as the starter at left guard. Pitts has started every game in team history.

If free safety Eugene Wilson can't play because of a knee injury, Nick Ferguson will start with Dominique Barber.

White for Brown
    Kicker Kris Brown will sign his white jersey during a two-hour appearance Monday at the Texans Store at Reliant Stadium. Brown will appear from 5-7 p.m.
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6605096.html

3. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

I was SOOOOO happy to see the Texans finally got Kris Brown jerseys in the store! BUT, they only have adult men sizes, nothing for women or kids! Kinda ticked me off since I went over there to buy KB jerseys for my grandkids. Regardless, I'll be there tomorrow evening to see Kris, and might even buy a WHITE jersey, if they have one that will fit a mega mama!!:)

4. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    Busing has a real opportunity if Wilson can't go. After his preseason performance I'm sure he's catching some more attention in practice. I don't see it in Barber, maybe I'm just missing it.

5. RT22

RT22 Veteran

I agree with you on Barber, that is why I'm hoping that they will bring in Safety from the Chiefs Pollard.

6. jppaul

jppaul Cut and Dry

Barber has all the natural ability you want, he has range, recovery speed, and hitting ability but damn if he doesn't take some of the worst angles I have seen.

7. Insideop

Insideop Hall of Fame

8. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

I'm surprised Cushing is starting without previously having a single snap in a preseason
    or regular season NFL game. Ever !
    I understand he's said to be an emotional player - can you imagine how he's gonna be going into Sundays game starting aginst the Jets and former teammate & roommate Mark Sanchez ? I would imagine he'll be seriously psyched ?

9. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

The wolves will be waiting.

10. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

He is a good hitter, but not a good tackler and there is a difference, but you are right the guy takes awful angles, is out of position and is just overall a very poor safety as far as NFL calibur. There's a reason he was available in the 6th rd and most of the things I read at the time had him as a undrafted FA. He needs to be selling insurance not suiting up on Sunday. :gun:

11. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

I think he will only play 20 -25 snaps so he can get his legs under him in this game.

12. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

This seems strange. So we're starting a rookie with no live action experience, and moving a guy who played all preseason at one spot to the other spot? I hope Thomas Jones isn't listening...

13. gary

gary Hall of Fame

14. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

We need a healthy Cushing in the lineup this year if the defense is going to take a step forward.

I really wish we would've made a bigger attempt to shore up the safeties this offseason, but I guess we'll have to live with what we got at SS. I wasn't able to check out much pre season action, but I haven't heard anything about 7th rounder Troy Nolan.

15. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

Troy Nolan was waived injured prior to the Saints game. He's now on the Texans injured reserve list.

16. Houston_Fanatic

Houston_Fanatic Veteran

The reason you haven't heard anything about him is he is on IR. Broke his hand in the first pre-season game against Kansas City.