Texans (not) Interested in Trading for Henry

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexanFan881, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

2. wags

wags Hall of Fame

Why? :confused:

3. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

If they have an interest it is because Henry is talented and the Texans may think they can get him cheap.

4. canadiantexan

canadiantexan Veteran

I've seen alot of Bills games the last couple years because I live so close to Buffalo and my brother is a Bills fan. Having said that I would love to see Travis wear a Texans Jersey next year but only for the right price. Travis can run between the guards or around the tackles has good speed and can run over most LB's. I think Henry had like back to back 1300 yard seasons and only lost his starting spot because Bledsoe was so terrible last year the Bills offence needed a spark so Malarkey inserted basically a rookie RB to provide a spark. McGahee then used his considerable talents to win the job (no shame losing to Mcgahee he could be a special one). If we can pick up Henry without "selling the farm" then he would make a excellent short yardage banger for us while DD plays the majority of the passing downs and if DD gets hurt we wont miss a beat.

5. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

Travis Henry is a very good football player. He would be a significant upgrade over whatever roster spot he would take. Plus, I think he's signed to two more years at a rather small salary ($1 million per year range)- we wouldn't be responsible for any of the signing bonus.

6. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

I am a bit surprised they are pursuing him, but Henry is clearly better than any back on our roster that we know of (Morency is an open book). I think that answers your question. If we can get him for our 4th rd pick next yr, that is a major steal. I wouldn't be totally opposed to our second 3rd rounder either, but any higher than that, and I begin to back off. My only concern is his propensitiy to cough up the ball.

7. TexansRockMySocks

TexansRockMySocks Rookie

That would be very welcoming for me. Henry is very good and has much potential left. Didnt the Jag's offer a 3rd rounder for Shaun Alexander? Then a 3rd rounder for Travis Henry would seem right too, and we do have an extra 3rd rounder next year. Pair him up with DD and we have a bonafide backfield. Keep Morency as the backup, move Wells over to FB, then try trading Hollings or just release him. Also DD becomes a restricted free agent, so at the end of this year we may gain a 1rst and 3rd for him or maybe just a 1rst, or maybe 2nd. So if we let DD walk for the First and Third, we pretty much get back the 3rd we gave up for Henry and gain an extra First rounder. Basically it'd be like trading DD for Travis Henry and a 1rst round pick. We should jump all over this one.

8. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

I think that Henry and Davis are in the same class of back. Guys who can do somethings and put up solid production, but if you have a chance to get an elite player you do so. Not the worse thing they could , but I am not convinced that he would an upgrade over anything the Texans have.

9. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Nobody in their right mind is going to give up a 1st and 3rd for DD, so get that scenerio out of your head.

10. TexansRockMySocks

TexansRockMySocks Rookie

ok maybe just a 1rst., cus after all it's restricted free-agency

11. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Let me ask all the DD fans a question. If DD is as good as a Travis Henry, why is it that the Texans have looked to upgrade at every available opportunity? See Hollings, Mgahee, Henry, Morency, et al.

12. TexansRockMySocks

TexansRockMySocks Rookie

whenever you have a chance to add talent, you do.

13. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

D.D. is injury prone and last year his fumbling early in the season proved very costly. Maybe the Texans brass knows something about D.D. that we don't know and that maybe the reason they are pursuing Travis Henry. As a player, I think Henry is slightly better than D.D. and both of them will make an excellent backfield for us. I really didn't expect us to pursue Henry so I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out why the Texans are doing this...

14. MikeMc

MikeMc All Pro

Well, in Franchise mode on Madden2005, Phily was all over it!

15. rittenhouserobz

rittenhouserobz Hall of Fame

I will take a geuss at it. I remember when Ron Dayne became avilible, there was an article about Capers like bigger backs. Is Henry a bigger back than DD?

16. mmontgo

mmontgo Rookie

Henry runs bigger, but is on the same level as far as skills and potential go....but Healthwise DD is killing us! Our playoff chances ride on his health IMHO. Johnson and Carr will be there. The line will be average, but the RB spot has been a source and unless we can run consistently, we are not going far. but, Henry is also prone, though not as much as DD.

17. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Travis Henry = 5'9" 215 lbs.
    Domanick Davis = 5'9" 221lbs.

According to NFL.com

18. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

Well I guess he is. I don't know exactly how much more bigger he is than D.D. Just because USAToday says that we are interested in Henry doesn't really mean we are. They could just be reporting a rumor that someone somewhere started. We'll just have to wait and see.

19. F-minus67

F-minus67 Hall of Fame

They are about the same size,I think that Henry is faster. If you think that Davis has a fumble problem, Henry has fumbled 23 times in his 3 years as the starter. :shocked

20. Mr Shush

Mr Shush Veteran

Backfield by committee with those two would be excellent, if they were amenable to it. Take Davis down to around 180-200 carries per season, instead of 300, and he'll be around a lot longer. Probably fumble less, too. But if Henry wants a big new contract, or Buffalo wants anything very significant in exchange, forget it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.