Texans need Running Back

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Eyeguy, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Eyeguy

Eyeguy Veteran

I find it intresting that many say we don't need a RB. Most of the mock drafts I have seen that have us trading down, have us taking a RB in the later rounds. I think we only have DD and Morancy on the roster at RB after letting Wells and Hollings. I think Bush is not only the BPA he also fills a need.

2. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

Yes, we need a running back, but why, especially in Kubiak's system, do we need to take one at the #1 spot?

3. Eyeguy

Eyeguy Veteran

When you have a chance to get a player who can win a game for you everytime he touches the ball you do it. I don't think the type of offense dictates passing up this type of talent.

4. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

But your point was about need, not BPA, right?

5. Eyeguy

Eyeguy Veteran

My point is that we fill a need and get BPA when we draft R. Bush

6. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

Part of it is that the media is buying in way too much to this Mario Williams talk, and the other part is the BPA/need filler starts looking less attractive when his/his agent's actions spell "potential holdout".

Then there's the writers who are getting bored with the Reggie Bush at #1 stuff. They've been writing about that since last offseason.

7. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

For what Denver does....... Addai, Moroney, and Williams are just as explosive as Reggie, if not more.

8. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

RB isn't a need pick....If you look at Denver and us, we both take a back nearly every single draft....this only means backs wear out faster than other players.

9. bad

bad Veteran

Please.

No "system" is going to make a running back more "explosive" than Reggie Bush.

Explosiveness is created through a combination of genetics and physical training

Maybe you meant "effective", which is an easier opinion to swallow but is still speculation.

I could just as easily speculate that Denver's system would've been more explosive and/or effective if someone with the abilities of Bush had been carrying the ball instead of say, Mike Anderson.

But that's what we're doing here. Speculating. It's pretty much all we're left with until the Texans make their choices known.

Then we can speculate about their choices.

10. Eyeguy

Eyeguy Veteran

The Texans have Jason Anderson, Morancy, and DD on the roster. We need depth at RB. I'm not sold on Morancy being the main back up to DD. I put this position as a depth need. Most mock drafts that show us NOT taking Bush show us taking a RB in the 2nd or with one of the 3rd's. I saw one that had us taking L. White at # 33

11. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

reggie bush isnt a running back. If you are arguing the running back is a need for us, you should be advocating a trade back for deangelo williams or maroney. Bush is a slash-player, meaning he doesnt really have a position. He's sort of a wide reciever, sometimes a half back, sometimes a special teamer. by no measure is he even close to the best running back available. You can argue best player, but not best running back....If he was the best running back, they would line him up there all the time. Do you see LT or barry sanders splitting out wide?

12. Huge

Huge Hall of Fame

You don't use the 1st overall pick to address "depth".

13. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Puh-Lease..... if Reggie were a pure runner, he wouldn't be in the top ten of this draft..... he'd be down around Williams, Moroney, and Addai.........

In Denver's system, he would be about as explosive as these pure runners..

14. Caesar

Caesar Veteran

And yet we're not taking Vince Young.

15. bad

bad Veteran

Again, speculation.

As it turns out, Bush will likely be in the top one of this draft. But that's just speculation by myself and 99% of NFL Draft Experts.

16. Eyeguy

Eyeguy Veteran

R. McNeil is a better QB than V. Young

17. Eyeguy

Eyeguy Veteran

R. Bush is the BPA in draft and fill a need for the team

18. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

please. he didn't run all the time because they're not stupid. bush can be used in many ways, and they had lendale white. they lost one game during his sophomore and junior seasons....so looks like the idea worked eh?

19. NederlandTexan

NederlandTexan Veteran

He's not a running back....not even the best back...Point me in the direction of a national mock draft that doesn't rate him BPA and best running back.

20. Texans86

Texans86 All Pro

I think the idea is that yes, he is may be BPA, but that doesn't equate to best running back. He is a situational back, not a pure runner that will be hitting between the tackles 20 times a game.

thunderkyss likes this.