Texan's Mock Draft from Yahoo NFL

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by TXGRL, Jan 19, 2007.

1. TXGRL

TXGRL Veteran

Mock Draft from John Murphy, Yahoo Sports. Do you agree? :hides:

8. Houston Texans – Marshawn Lynch, running back, California. Head coach Gary Kubiak and GM Rick Smith will work together for the first time in the war room, although they spent plenty of years in a similar capacity while both were with the Broncos. Veteran leadership along the offensive line should be taken care of through free agency, but answering questions at the skill positions is much more difficult. A year ago, the Texans passed on taking a franchise quarterback or running back in order to upgrade the defense's front seven. They were able to find linebacker DeMeco Ryans, the Defensive Rookie of the Year, in the second round, but a sputtering offense kept them from competing in far too many contests. If the draft follows this form, Houston would be on the clock with a top-rated signal caller and a pair of workhorse backs still available. It seems like the Texans are content with giving David Carr one last chance as their starting QB to see how or what he has absorbed after playing one season in Kubiak's systembut rotating faces in the backfield has to stop. Lynch is just too good to pass up here, as he can run, catch and provide the big-play ability that only a handful of backs in the NFL possess. Adrian Peterson's name has often come up or been associated with this pick, but Lynch is a far better fit for the Texans' scheme because of his above-average hands. Also, both Kubiak and Smith saw the type of instant impact a rookie back brought to divisional rivals Jacksonville and Indianapolis last season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jm-mockdraft011807&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

2. DenverBorn

DenverBorn Veteran

3. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

I hope they are right

4. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

I'm feeling the Lynch pick too.... because of all Kubiaks Offensive playmaker carry on... Lynch strikes as a more versatile weapon than Peterson.

5. texanfan2100

texanfan2100 Veteran

This guy has Brady Quinn dropping to Miami at #9. That makes me VERY nervous. If Quinn is still on the board when the Texans are picking at #8, I will be on my hands and knees praying the Texans don't pick him. My god, I'm shaking right now just thinking of the prospect of Quinn being a Texan. Don't do it Rick Smith!!! Don't do it Kubiak!!!

6. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

7. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

he kinda reminds me of a faster version of LT, the way he uses his speed and power, and there both smaller runnin backs, but i say its worth a shot, maybe can turn into the next LT, if the texans get a better line, but i wouldn't be mad at that pick at all

8. Texian

Texian Hall of Fame

IF you want LT you need to draft Lawrence Timmons.

9. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

i like the idea of getting lynch on one condition that we're doing so in a trade down senario otherwise if adrian isn't there at 8th i'd take reggie nelson

10. Wharton

Wharton Site Contributor

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

:hairpull:

11. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

Lynch reminds to much of the great JJ Arrington im scared:stirpot:

12. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I'm wary of all Collegiate backs that come out of spread offenses myself.

13. Texan_Aggie222

Texan_Aggie222 Rookie

I'm not that scared of picking Lynch, he is more "pro-style" than JJ Arrington was. What I mean by "pro-style" is that he has the size, vision, and and break a tackle from time to time. All JJ Arrington had working for him was his speed.

I agree though the Lynch is the better pick than A.P., just as long as we trade down. Lynch won't go past Green Bay.

14. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

the difference between jj arrington and marshawn lynch is vast...lynch has the vision the ability to break a tackle and the speed...arrington was just a speed guy...keep in mind that you really cannot judge arrington either...edge james wasn't even able to run the ball in arizona so that really doesn't hurt arrington's case at all

15. cbnjwill

cbnjwill Veteran

i would be havppy to get a runningback in the firtst round but its all for not if we aree gonna throw carr back out there for another yr. i hope they are wrong this is getting old. carr has to go this offseason i dont wanna hear any excuses

16. Texans86

Texans86 All Pro

Didn't Arrington go to Arizona. Even Pro Bowler Edgerin James couldn't run there. Arrington might not have been given a chance to succeed. Of course I never saw him run, so I have no idea.

17. Luv Ya Blue 2007

Luv Ya Blue 2007 Rookie

If we are in the yahoo scenario and AP, Quinn & Lynch are available, I think we have to try and trade back to 11-12 and pick up another late rd pick. However, I have two problems with this guy after seeing his interview with Cold Pizza on YouTube:

1. The guy totally looks like a THUG. I would much rather take my chances with AP who atleast looks as if he's a classy guy.

2. The only word I think the guy knows is uhhhhh. About 50 times in the interview "uhhh yeah uhhh".

GO WITH ADRIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. D-Vizzl

D-Vizzl Veteran

I guess my over usage of a du-rag and my propensity to state "know what i'm talkin bout" would probably land some unyielding stereotypes from you, but you can't always judge a book by it's cover or something like that.

Play on the football field matters, staying out of trouble and off drugs is important but no one ever said you had to be a rhodes scholar to play for the texans.

19. BeReal

BeReal Rookie

Lynch is actually a good guy. I've seen a couple of stories on him and his teammates, coaches, and fans seem to love him. Kind of reminds me of Chad Johnson, in a good way.

20. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

wow so you dont want him on the texans because of what he looks like, now ill say that thats real classy