Texans might trade off first pick

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by LikeABoss, Feb 26, 2006.

1. LikeABoss

LikeABoss All Pro

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

This doesn't sound too good:dontknowa

2. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Don't most GM's with the first pick always say that?

3. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this sounds great!!:ok:

4. LikeABoss

LikeABoss All Pro

No it doesn't:mad:

*starts to pout*

5. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Whatever makes the team better.

6. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

The Texans and Charlie Casserly better be looking at every possible scenario. This doesn't mean that they'll trade it, but at least they're looking for it. Didn't Bob McNair even say that they won't trade it unless someone gives them a Godfather proposal? If they do trade it, although it might not be a Herschel Walker or Ricky Williams type trade, you could probably get more in return in terms of draft picks this year than you could last year. I would not mind at all if we traded down to #4 or #5 and picked up D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Mario Williams, or AJ Hawk. Heck, I wouldn't mind if we traded down to #7 or #8 and drafted Tamba Hali from Penn State. If the Texans do trade it, it will be a pretty nice deal.

7. F-minus67

F-minus67 Hall of Fame

Just think of all the pick the team could get this year. Three of the most hyped players to come out in years and we have the first pick. We could potentually make a trade like the Saints did to get Ricky Williams.

8. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

I dont think we need to get a huge amount of picks in return for the number one. This is one of the deepest drafts in recent years, particularly at positions we have needs at. An extra 2nd and an extra 3rd from the Jets would be enough for me to trade down to the #4 with them. We could then go for D'Brick or Mario, then Davin Joseph and Abdul Hodge in the second, DeMario Minter, Tim Day/Dave Thomas and someone like Wimberly in the third. That would be a great draft right there, not even including the potential we could draft in the later rounds...

9. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

except for 2002.. we have heard the ole trade down scenario.. If a deal comes through that overwhelms the Texans..they do it.. if not..they stay.

10. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

Yes.

11. Koolbrz

Koolbrz Veteran

This does not sound good!!! I would love for Reggie to be a member of the Texans. He would be a great add. to a team that really has no Gamebreakers. Reggie is definitley that, a Gamebreaker. Oh Well, the powers that be know what they are doing. Just a wait and see game now. They might not get what they are looking for in a trade though, because the Draft is so deep. Reggie!! Reggie!! Reggie!!

12. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

How is Casserly's comment surprising?

13. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

you this is good and bad...it's good to know that our GM is willing to listen to trade offers...but i just don't like the fact that he's being so public with it...everytime you hear well at high ranking person in the texans organization said this or said that you're almost garenteed it's casserly...for once i'd like this guy to keep his mouth shut and let his actions speak for him

14. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I'd like the move it it was for Mario Williams.

15. BuffSoldier

BuffSoldier Hall of Fame

Lets go get that Brick to strengthen our line... in the words of Stone Cold Steve Austin "Can I get a hell yeah!!!!!!" :redtowel:

16. ClintonPortis26

ClintonPortis26 Rookie

You relize that you can get like 1st round, 2nd round, future 2nd round, 4th round pick with the 1st overal pick...especially with reggie bush, Matt Lienart, and Jay Cutler here? Youd be able to choose, Eric Winston, Winston Justice, D'Brick, Micheal Huff, Tye Hill, SanAntonio Holmes, Chad Jackson, Bobby Carpenter, Sinorice Moss, Cedric Griffin, Haloti Ngata ect...

17. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Why not? He's projected as a franchise offensive lineman, someone who we don't have on our line. A case can be made for Chester Pitts, but c'mon, does Chester Pitts really look like a franchise o-lineman? We NEED an offensive lineman, and it would be smart to pick the best one to come out in a while. He's probably even more hyped than Robert Gallery was coming out of Iowa. I want Reggie Bush more than any other of the top prospects, but if we do trade down I would prefer us to pick D'Brickashaw over anyone else.

18. dat_boy_yec

dat_boy_yec All Pro

That's the point you can make a case for Pitts. Who can we make a case for at DE. Seriously who would Williams have to really compete with for that spot. Also a defensive player can come in and make an impact faster than an offensive player in alot of cases. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't ***** if we got D'brick, but I think Williams can have a more immediate effect and be a more elite player.

19. dat_boy_yec

dat_boy_yec All Pro

Oh, and DE is a NEED as well.

20. Oilers/Texans

Oilers/Texans Veteran

If you have the #1 pick, you are going to look at every option avaliable because you are sitting on a potential gold mine. Even if you are not talking to anyone, you are going to lead on like you are in talks with other teams. That might sweeten the deal if another team is badly wanting to get your pick.