Texans might as well stay home if you listen to one Baltimore writer

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.examiner.com/houston-tex...ay-home-if-you-listen-to-one-baltimore-writer

2. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

Do they not realize that we have a damn good front 7 of our own, and do they not realize that we have one of if not the best O-Lines in the NFL. I wanna read what this guy says once the texans go in and shock the world be whipping up on the ravens.

3. sluggo832004

sluggo832004 Rookie

Hes a Baltimore writer, what you expect?

-The Ravens are undefeated against houston.
    -Undefeated at home.
    -Beat all teams with winning records this year.
    -A bunch of all-pros on their defense.

-We have a QB with like 5 games of experience.

Baltimore should be confident.

We will all find out on Sunday who was right and who was wrong. Its just his opinion.

Besides in 2009 when we finally got respect in the offseason and were picked as the sleeper in the NFL we blew it.

So I would rather Houston be a underdog and under the radar as opposed to being the favorites and the talk of the town everyday.

4. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I hope Baltimore is confident, I hope they all breathe a sigh of relief after they clinched a bye week.

& I hope they took off that week & indulged & celebrated & copulated

5. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Yeah... **** it, Andre should've cleaned out his locker last week whenever he normally does... :rolleyes:

6. Nitrofish

Nitrofish Pastafarian

It's not just one Baltimore writer. The majority of people give the Texans no chance against the Ravens. But I think the Texans play better under those conditions. I think most expect a replay of the last game and do not realize that our D is 10x better than it was in week 6.

Have faith... the boys in Steel Blue will quiet the crowd and come out with the win.

7. Nitrofish

Nitrofish Pastafarian

Did someone step on a duck?

8. Textan

Textan Veteran

I love the fact that pretty much the whole world has written off the Texans, except the Texans. Surprisingly Pocket Rocket "a guest on Inside the NFL" believes the Texans will win.
    According to my Texans app....these two teams are almost evenly matched.
    No surprise, but if Foster has a good one, the Texans could shock the world.
    Maybe Spider Hands "Watt" can wrangle another interception.:boxing:

9. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

I'm not delusional and know this is a tough game, but the Ravens have their own issues on the offensive side of the ball.

If we can shut down Rice and get Flacco to make mistakes, we have a real shot at this game.

May the gods be with TJ.

10. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

Baltimore: Can you spell TRAP GAME?

11. Señor Stan

Señor Stan El Guapo

Don't you mean Jacksonville....oh wait you said TRAP game not TARP game. My bad.

Stemp likes this.
  12. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

:peek:

13. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

From a neutral point of view, Baltimore is the heavy favorite going into this game. There should be no doubt about that. The key to this game is how the teams start off. You know the Ravens will be very physical and try to establish dominance early on. It's crucial that the Texans don't allow that to happen by either running the ball with great success early on or hitting a home run type of play. Baltimore is not a team built to play from behind so if we can get an early lead the pressure will definitely be on them to do something. That's the key imo to winning this game.

14. Daravenator

Daravenator Veteran

First off, you should know that Kevin Cowherd is not a sportswriter- he's a hack columnist that believes he was a stand-up comedian in another life.

15. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

I thought that guy's name was John McClain? (Houston hack-writer)

16. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

I often put a lot of faith in what sportswriters say. I trust this man knows what he's talking about, so I guess I'll go golfing on Sunday.

:rolleyes:

Do we really need to post every single negative article/video on this board? We're the underdogs and deservedly so, who cares what they think? There is zero credible or useful analysis in that piece. It's merely a smack talk article to antagonize Houston fans.

17. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

I don't understand people responding in a thread about their lack of interest in that particular thread.

Seems to me, if there is a thread with a topic that you don't care for, you'd probably just stay out of the thread completely. Kind of a message board version of natural selection.

It would be kinda like a person walking into a Chinese restaurant just to tell the people he doesn't like Chinese food. :kitten:

Nitrofish and Jaysol like this.
  18. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

It would be more like going into a Chinese Restaurant, ordering the buffet, going back three times, & complaining the whole time how they can't stand Chinese food.

19. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

What I don't like is the continual threads of "Texans are being disrespected!!!" It comes off as whiny and insecure to me, and I'm sure other fans that visit see it too. We have a lot of these threads floating around here this week, and have every week since we hit 6-3. I don't see that kind of consistent whining on other team's boards, but it seems to be the norm around here.

The article quoted was obviously written somewhat in jest, but it reeks of Richard Justice type flamebaiting for Texans fans. Just ignore it and move on. The guy isn't worth your time.

Jaysol likes this.
  20. Joeycharp89

Joeycharp89 Veteran

I'm more angry with how poorly this guy writes. That last paragraph was brutal to read.

Or should I say : 'That last paragraph was brutal to read?"