Texans Mandatory Minicamp 6/11-13

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Playoffs, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley

3 days of #Texans [mandatory] minicamp start today. Then break until end of July for training camp. Have any questions you'd want me to birddog for you?

TejasTom likes this.
  2. Rey

Rey Guest

Well...

Dobbins showed up today and worked out on the field with the young guys.

3. Playoffs

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley
    PDS ‏@PatDStat
    Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
    Spoke to someone familiar with Reed's visit who said he had multiple MRIs during his initial visit and none revealed a torn labrum.

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
    Texan_Bill likes this.
  4. Playoffs

Minicamp begins
    [IMGwidthsize=600]http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/wp-content/blogs.dir/2348/files/texans-2013-minicamp/20130611_texans_minicamp_btc_08.jpg[/IMG]

Ed Reed swarmed by media
    [IMGwidthsize=600]http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/wp-content/blogs.dir/2348/files/texans-2013-minicamp/20130611_texans_minicamp_btc_04.jpg[/IMG]

Tim Dobbins next up in the limelight
    [IMGwidthsize=600]http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/wp-content/blogs.dir/2348/files/texans-2013-minicamp/20130611_texans_minicamp_btc_06-1.jpg[/IMG]
    --credit houston chronicle

5. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Dobbins got swarmed because 1. Tons of media there waiting for Reed. 2. No real news. 3. Waiting to speak to Kubiak/Reed.

It was ridiculous.

We were told during practice that Reed would be made available after his workout. He was working out indoors. We had to wait for him for a while after practice, but not too long.

As you can see in the picture, LOTS of media wanting to talk to Ed. I barely got two questions in at the end. You can see just the top of my straw hat in the picture.

For camp, I dress only one step above what I wear gardening, which shouldn't be a look that is seen in public, but sometimes you need to sacrifice fashion for sun protection.

6. Playoffs

PDS ‏@PatDStat
    Both will be solid players, but have seen a better progression in Montgomery since the beginning of Rookie Mini Camp. #Texans

Still not buying the Sam Montgomery is behind Trevardo Williams. 2 different players 2 different positions in the scheme of things. #Texans

David Quessenberry is going to be fun to watch during training camp. Today was getting the best of the OLBs. #Texans

All rookies were part of mini camp today. Hopkins still going full speed. Looks more comfortable with the offense w/ each practice. #Texans

Saw what I need from Dobbins today. Moved well and looked in top shape. Took part the entire day next to Darryl Sharpton. #Texans

7. Playoffs

8. Texans_Chick

Quote sheet Tuesday:

9. Texans_Chick

Quote sheet Tuesday:

10. Texans_Chick

Quote sheet Tuesday:

11. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

So, basically, the Texans have Roger Clemens pitching from the Safety position without the publicity of saying Reed will only play home games and not travel with the team. Am I misreading this?

tru80texan likes this.
  12. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Reed had many reasons to have MRI exams of any one of many of his joints.........previous ankle, knee, shoulder and hip injury history. The problem is that MRIs (magnetic resonance imaging) will pick up most joint abnormalities and are moderately decent at picking up shoulder labrum tears. However, they are poor in picking up labrum tears of the hip. MRA (magnetic resonance arthrogram) is the same as the MRI, except that it is performed after contrast material is injected into the joint space to better identify and better outline existing abnormalities. It is the MRA that is the exam that demonstrates the hip labrum and its tears with high sensitivity and accuracy. I assure you that an MRA was performed just prior to the decision to proceed with surgery.

Brisco_County likes this.
  13. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

Not so much a question, but a progress report on Keenum since he's getting extra reps this week.

And the OLB situation with Braman. He didn't garner much attention after day 2 last week, so I'm assuming the experiment won't last much longer.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  14. Rey

Rey Guest

(on T David Quessenberry) “I’m impressed with how far he’s come. He’s obviously been put in a very tough spot, but sometimes that’s how you find a heck of a player. So he’s working as a starting right tackle in a lot of situations along with (T) Ryan Harris. You never know. There have been some sixth and seventh round draft choices in this league start and be great players. With the work he’s getting, he’s going to get a good chance to have that type of situation as a young player, so we’ll see what happens.”

I think quess is going to take that spot.

15. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

As far as the Reed situation goes, sounds like Reed's hip wasn't considered an issue before we signed him. It wasn't like he thought he needed surgery & kept that from the Texans. He's old, he's a football player, he thought it was something he could work through.

& he probably could have. But our doctors & trainers didn't like what they saw, they did their due diligence to get to the bottom of the issue & determined the best course of action was surgery.

16. Texans_Chick

I asked that question because of our discussion on RT. And because of the work he was getting.

Also asked about Foster/Brown, though I pretty much knew what he was going to say.

17. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Spin...... Spin......Spin......

Reed didn't tell the Texans about his hip and the Texans doctors foolishly didn't run a MRA despite a previous injury to Reeds other hip. Looks like Dr. Lowe and crew screwed the pooch on another one. (Not that I blame Reed for not being truthful.)

Someday the Texans Dr.'s are going to be called out for either being the Texans Lackey, or inept at their jobs. With that said, hopefully Reed will get well and become an upgrade over Quin.

18. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Day 2 and I'm already tired of reading about Reed...and I like the guy. Gonna be a long preseason.

19. Rey

Rey Guest

Thanks.

I thought I had read somewhere that he was getting first team reps due to the injuries, so that was nice confirmation.

20. Insideop

Insideop Hall of Fame

Question: Does it look like any of the 3 UDFA RB's or Deji Karim rising to the top and separating themselves from the other RB's, or is it too early to tell anything?