Texans mandatory minicamp 2014: June 17-19

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Playoffs, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Texans mandatory minicamp 2014: June 17-19

Players can be fined during each day of m.m.c. absence, losing $11,575 for first day, $23,150 for second day and $34,730 for third day and a total of $69,455 if all are missed.

2. Playoffs

Coach O'Brien presser

[IMGwidthsize=300]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2014/06-June/tempBB1_4772--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
    [IMGwidthsize=300]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2014/06-June/tempBB1_4773--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
    [IMGwidthsize=300]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2014/06-June/tempBB1_4774--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
    Tania Ganguli @taniaganguli
    Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew
    James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
    --Texans All Access

Deepi Sidhu @DeepSlant
    Greg Bailey @GregBailey13
    PDS @PatDStat
    Ryan Fitzpatrick presser

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
    Watt

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
    Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
    PDS @PatDStat

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  3. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

*sigh*

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a garbage QB, and last year 99% of this board would have agreed with this statement.

Let the pumping begin.

[IMGwidthsize=300]http://ih3.redbubble.net/image.14725674.1211/fc,550x550,navy.u3.jpg[/IMG]

4. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

I'll still agree with that statement till I see something to tell me otherwise

5. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Yeah, but he's the best we have right now, so rally time!

6. santo

santo Hall of Fame

I still agree that Ryan Fitzpatrick is garbage, but what can we do now.:rake:
    Hopefully he's just keeping the seat warm for Savage to eventually take over mid-season.

Doesn't bode well for Keenum or Yates if they couldn't beat out Fitzpatrick.:toropalm:

7. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

Take that back .

[​IMG]

Double Barrel likes this.
  8. Playoffs

So was Matt Cassel.

9. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Again, I hear the word "ACCURACY." This is the last word I would assign to Fitzpatrick once the live bullets fly. There's a reason why his TD/INT ratio has remained consistent over 10 years............he's not a good decision maker........and he is far from accurate.

10. markn

markn All Pro

I always just assume 'accuracy' is being used as a synonym for 'lack of arm strength'.

11. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

I'm not going to pump sunshine because I agree Fitz is not a good QB, but on the other hand, I think it's entirely possible for him to have the best year of his career as a Texan, FWIW.

12. Playoffs

Accuracy is a specific and very important trait for a successful QB. It's about ball placement, typically within a 2' x 2' window or smaller in the NFL and typically in short & intermediate passing in this offense.

OB has stated Fitz's accuracy has been better than the other QBs in camp, which likely means we're lacking in that trait.

Logan Thomas, a beautiful physical specimen & athlete, has massive arm strength, but could not hit the broad side of a barn.

13. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I'll feel that way by regular season kickoff in September.

Right now, though...I just can't help but...let it sink in....Ryan Fitzpatrick....Texans....starting....QB :crying:

I hope you're right about Savage. I'm not holding my breath, but at the same time, I'm not negative on the guy. He's completely unknown to me, and as a 4th round pick, you can't really expect greatness from him.

I hope so. I'll just have to wait and see, though. When teams like the Bills, Titans, Bengals, or Rams don't want a player, I can only hope that O'Brien is able to pull from Fitzpatrick what four other coaching staffs were unable to pull.

Just curious, I keep hearing that O'Brien is a so-called "QB guru", but, what is this from? I do not see anything in his career that indicates the ability to take below average QBs and make them good.

14. Seegara

Seegara All Pro

Don't sweat it. He'll be overtaken by Savage no later than the first few regular season games. Keenum's downfall is his decision making more than anything, and Fitz can't be any worse than that.

15. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

Pickspatrick's TD/Int ratio doesn't bode well for his decision-making skills either. It's not like it's ever been very good. 23/15 24/16 are his HIGH water marks.

16. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

Good move to let the team know, especially the receivers and OLine, who the leader of the offense is going to be but it could still change by 9/7.
    But the big question remains is it going to be Keenum or Yates who remains with the team and when is the decision made to cut one ? Soon or well into TC ?

17. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Then, on the other hand, Fitzpatrick, despite the fact that he does not have the massive arm strength, can still hit the broad side of a barn.........as long as he is standing inside the barn.:shades:

18. Playoffs

Agree, his decision making has been his downfall -- some real Fitzmagic head-scratchers.

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Veteran

Given Fritz's track record for decision making, I wouldn't be surprised if he was throwing the ball the other way.

20. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

This was a foregone conclusion the minute he signed. Is anyone even mildly surprised?

And BTW - accuracy and poor decision making are two different concepts. A QB might be incredibly accurate but it he makes poor decisions his TD/INT ratio may not be very good.

And he is easily the best QB on the roster at the moment. Doesn't make him a world beater, just the best of a bad lot and he gives this team the best chance to win this year and frankly it's not close.

I seriously doubt we see Savage start any games this year. I think some of you guys are in for some disappointment. At best, maybe some mop up duty to get his feet wet, but more than likely he never gets a single snap all year imho.