Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Looking at Ravens' UFA CB Frank Walker?

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Now that we've passed up the good stuff, looks like we're slumming.

Free agent CB Frank Walker is drawing interest from the Texans, Rams, Raiders, Jaguars and Ravens, a league source tells Ravens beat writer Aaron Wilson.

We suspect that this source is Walker's agent, who is doing his job by creating a market for his client. Walker is a dime back that would also help on special teams.

[Previous pieces from the Baltimore Sun]

Coach John Harbaugh isn't ruling out re-signing free agent CB Frank Walker.
"Frank has got some other options right now, too," said Harbaugh, who insists Walker is a better player "than what people think." Walker hasn't fared well outside of dime packages and special teams work, but there aren't many quality options left on the market.

Free agent CB Frank Walker is reportedly on the verge of signing with an unnamed NFC team.
The penalty-prone cornerback could provide special teams help, but hasn't proven to be more than a dime back with Baltimore, Green Bay, or the Giants.

LINK

Cloak were not slumming we are just wadeing in deep water.
We will get somebody to fill Dunta's shoes, which were not to much of a shoe to fill, just jump around waving your arms wildly you have Dunta.

i cant believe we are doing this to a much need position.we need a cb to help turn the ball back over.we need to do what we can to keep our offense on the field and to stop td's.im going to hate to see someone outrun or cb by 10-15 yards and make td's every game.

I heard this weekend there was a 50/50 chance between us and detroit on getting pac man jones, Did anyone else here that?

i cant believe we are doing this to a much need position.we need a cb to help turn the ball back over.we need to do what we can to keep our offense on the field and to stop td's.im going to hate to see someone outrun or cb by 10-15 yards and make td's every game.

This guy is a special teamer who probably won't make the team. He's not being looked at as Dunta's replacement. Dunta's replacement will come in the draft in the first or second round.

I heard this weekend there was a 50/50 chance between us and detroit on getting pac man jones, Did anyone else here that?

NO.

He was really talented but would he still have it and would you want it?

As for this Walker guy, colour me unexcited.

NO.

He was really talented but would he still have it and would you want it?

As for this Walker guy, colour me unexcited.

I was watching pacman last night on NFL channel all access on the cowboys 08 training camp, and pacman couldnt keep up with TO.

This guy is a special teamer who probably won't make the team. He's not being looked at as Dunta's replacement. Dunta's replacement will come in the draft in the first or second round.

If we draft a CB early should we not expect him to play a bit better then Dunta did last year?

We have what? 4 healthy CBs on the roster (Quin, Reeves, McCain and Bennett), we could use some depth.

Pacman was not a very good corner or returner in his last stop. If he were he would still be around on on an NFL roster.

If we draft a CB early should we not expect him to play a bit better then Dunta did last year?

We have what? 4 healthy CBs on the roster (Quin, Reeves, McCain and Bennett), we could use some depth.

Add the 1st or 2nd round CB, that's 5.

And then Molden gets healthy and turns into a total stud. Or not. And that's 6.

They'll probably sign a couple more camp bodies and then let those guys fight it out with Molden for the last CB/ST spot.

Overall, there is not much out there. You can find some used to be and never was, but no who is guaranteed beat out Mccain for the 3rd spot is wandering around free agency.

last i heard it was detroit, cincy, and the 49ers. i had never heard of any interest by the Texans and it wouldn't make a lot of sense due to his character problems. he hasn't shown a lot since his days as a Titan. until he shows that he is a special talent, he is going to have a hard time sticking somewhere. people will put up with a little BS if you produce, but if your just another guy, most GMs don't think your worth the headaches.

Look at when the Patriots got Moss. He was being a poor teammate and unprofessional in Oakland, but he still had game. He was a unique talent that you just don't find every day. New England felt they had the structure and coaching to keep him in line and make him an All Pro receiver again. He was worth the risk and they reaped rewards. Pac Man, at best, is going to be a nickel corner who can contribute on special teams. If there are other options, why subject yourself to such media scrutiny and negative coverage.

last i heard it was detroit, cincy, and the 49ers. i had never heard of any interest by the Texans and it wouldn't make a lot of sense due to his character problems. he hasn't shown a lot since his days as a Titan. until he shows that he is a special talent, he is going to have a hard time sticking somewhere. people will put up with a little BS if you produce, but if your just another guy, most GMs don't think your worth the headaches.

Look at when the Patriots got Moss. He was being a poor teammate and unprofessional in Oakland, but he still had game. He was a unique talent that you just don't find every day. New England felt they had the structure and coaching to keep him in line and make him an All Pro receiver again. He was worth the risk and they reaped rewards. Pac Man, at best, is going to be a nickel corner who can contribute on special teams. If there are other options, why subject yourself to such media scrutiny and negative coverage.

Well said. I couldn't agree more.

Yeah, he's not even a good returner anymore.

Then again, going based on your previous assesments of our front office....he's a guy who's done some good things in the past and he will probably be able to come on the cheap.

"Walker is a dime back that would also help on special teams"

Sounds like our bread and butter to me. It's like we stalk these type of guys or something. We bring one in almost every year it seems.

Hervoyel said:

Sounds like our bread and butter to me. It's like we stalk these type of guys or something. We bring one in almost every year it seems.

The technical term is "diamond in the rough".

The technical term is "diamond in the rough".

The problem with looking for a "diamond in the rough" is that you have to shovel 1000's of tons of dirt to find that diamond. In football terms, you have to go through 100's of players before finding that "diamond in the rough".

Wolf6151 said:
The problem with looking for a "diamond in the rough" is that you have to shovel 1000's of tons of dirt to find that diamond. In football terms, you have to go through 100's of players before finding that "diamond in the rough".

Don't get me wrong; I was being sarcastic. I don't get giddy about free agents with little upside.

Well, we have to build the roster up to 80 and we are already the youngest team in the NFL. How many rookie UDFAs do you want us to sign?

I'm pretty sure that every NFL team raids the scrapheap for cheap veterans during the off-season. I'm comforted to know that if we do sign Walker or his like, it will be a one year deal for under $1 million.... instead of throwing $15 million signing bonuses to the bums that we used to (you know the list: TWade, Robaire, Weigart, etc...)

Back