Texans LB Ryans taking on leadership role in third season

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TheRealJoker, May 31, 2008.

1. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

2. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Wow, I didn't even see that on the front page when I went like a few minutes ago. I must be blind.

I like positive press about Ryans. I think if our defense has a breakout season (the entire defense this time, not just Mario Williams) then we'll see plenty of "good guy" pieces about those two players.

3. mattieuk

mattieuk Site Contributor

Saw this earlier, loved the fact we're getting good stuff written in the press, and nice to see that DeMeco is being the recognition that he's earnt over the last two years. Sounds like his off the field teamwork is just as impressive as his on the field stuff.

4. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

I was very excited to read this:

"He's like a big brother to me," Diles said. "He's my mentor. He's been so important to me. He's so smart. He took me under his wing last year. He tells me to work hard, play hard and concentrate on everything I do. Coming from a guy like DeMeco, of course you're going to listen."

When its all said and done DeMeco's contributions to the players around him may be even more impressive than his individual accolades :fans:

5. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

I would set myself on fire if DeMeco told me to. He's just one of those kind of guys.

I will forever remember shaking his hand at the Texans All Access in 2006. I chose to meet him and a few others (Winston, Bruener) instead of waiting in line for DD/DW and Carr. I think I made the right choice on that one.

6. barrett

barrett Hall of Fame

i enjoyed the part about him being overshadowed by mario's 14 sacks. even though ryans is the one who went to the propular bowl.