Texans' Kubiak will limit recovering QB Schaub during OTAs

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CloakNNNdagger, Mar 28, 2012.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

You can tell very little as to how Schaub is progressing until he has the "supporting" hardware removed. And then you won't have much of an idea of how well he can function as a quarterback until he is in a real game-time situation (not even OTA or preseason practice). Remember we are not comparing his "functionality" to Joe Schmo business man whose most difficult situation may only be climbing stairs. I remain hopeful, but very quarded.

2. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Until I see otherwise, I remain very skeptical that'll he be our starting QB at the start of the season. I do hope the news and propaganda the Texans are putting out about him are true though, because I'd love to see Schaub back at full form during pre-season.

3. Rey

Rey Guest

I will be interested to see how the Texans handle this situation.

Do they really believe he'll be back? Will they take a QB somewhere in the draft? Maybe Keenum late?

Do they believe TJ has progressed enough to be a viable option if Schaub is not ready or can't go at all?

4. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

If TJ is good enough to start in the playoffs, he's good enough to fill in a few games at the start of the season until Schaub comes back. If it were a known situation that Schaub would never return, and all we had was TJ, we'd be looking at a QB in a very serious way and most likely Hot Tub would still be here.

5. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Albert Haynesworth. Honestly, that's the guy we should be calling "HWWNBN" around here. If I never hear or see that man's name in print again I'll be just fine with that.

6. Rey

Rey Guest

It can be argued that he wasn't good enough for the play-offs

7. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

Not really a surprise. This FO is never upfront about injuries. They say 2 weeks, it is a minimum of 4.

8. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

He wasn't ready for them, I think that's pretty plain for all to see. But as to him being good enough with more training time from the coachs, that's different. I think he will be based on what I've see, but until he actually does it, we won't know.

9. GP

GP Go Texans!

Keenum will be gone in Round 2. Some team out there is going to pluck him in Round 2.

I'd like the Texans to try and get him in Round 3 because that's a good value pick for us, considering our QB situation and all.

But I think he'll go Round 2 (at the latest) to a team who is thin at QB. Not enough hype to be a Round 1 guy, but not enough downside to be a Round 3 guy either. Round 2 is just about right IF you're a team who has really big QB problems.

Albert Haynesworth. You miserable wretch of a person. Ray Finkle's mother said it best, "It's all his fault. He should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie?" LOL.

10. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

yep, I agree completely. I will believe Schaub is ready to play when I see Schaub out there playing the game.

I hate Hayesworthless as much as the next guy. But, honestly, that was a really stupid play to call at that point in the game. We have workhorses to run the ball up the gut. That play was not for a TD or even a first down. It was a "playing it safe" call and I did not like it when I saw it, well before we found out that Schaub was injured. Why thrown your QB in a dogpile on a third down play that you know will be a punt the next play?

11. CloakNNNdagger

It's pretty simple. At this point, we are hearing "Rah Rah" from the Texans without any solid basis. With the Texans, injured players are always "progressing nicely." The problem is when, if ever, do they finally reach their destination........or do they just fall off the cliff, never to be heard from again.:kitten:

12. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

My thought exactly.

("He's actually playing some golf and stuff now, so he's out getting around.") I get such a chuckle when I read comments like that.

One of the things that stick out when I was rehabbing my foot, was they told me to walk without a limp. Concentrate on walking with no limp, heel-toe heel-toe. Very difficult to do with a weak foot that's sending pain messages to the brain.

Schaub and "company" might want everyone to believe he's "fine", but if he's not, eventually his concentration will lapse, and that limp will give him away.

I'll be watching. :)

CloakNNNdagger likes this.
  13. Señor Stan

Señor Stan El Guapo

[​IMG]

14. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

We (that's the plural me as me and Badboy) are very happy that Schaub is doing so well, but we think time will tell us whether they are smoking ganji or they are just shining we on. :goodluck:

15. ckhouston

ckhouston Hall of Fame

Me ... votes for ganja and shine.

16. Señor Stan

Señor Stan El Guapo

Keenum in the 2nd...that's a pretty bold prediction. Most projections I've seen for him is 7th round or UDFA.

17. paycheck71

paycheck71 Hall of Fame

I honestly don't have a problem with this being the way the team addresses injuries publicly, as long as internally they know and understand the full extent and potential impact of the injury/injuries in question and take appropriate steps to make sure they have plans for realistic and worst case scenarios. Of course, as a fan, I'd love to know everything, but I understand why they would want to keep it under wraps for the most part.

18. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I've been thinking that Kubiak usually goes for a QB in round 5. Since we acquired the high 4th rounder, I'm wondering if we don't pull the trigger on Keenum with our late 4th rounder.

19. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

By new NFL rules fans are no longer allowed to speak in the singular. You should have posted we...vote for ganja and shine. Please don't make we remind you'ns again. :barman:

20. CloakNNNdagger

Unfortunately, they have shown this strong tendency to also hide the truth from themselves.:backsout::kubepalm::wadepalm: