Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans insulted about Reggie Bush talk

texan279

Hall of Fame
Sorry if repost...

LINK

Receiver Andre Johnson, normally polite and well-mannered, was so irked by questions about the chance to get Bush that he glared at one questioner before offering a terse response.

"It's not about Reggie Bush," Johnson said, letting out a huge sigh. "I don't know why people keep saying that. We're playing to win. We're not playing for Reggie Bush. If Reggie Bush comes here, oh well, so what."

"I don't know Reggie Bush," running back Jonathan Wells said. "He's a great football player in college. He'll have his opportunity, wherever it may be. I'm doing what I can do to help the Texans win right now, and that's all I'm worried about."

Carr said he'll probably think about Bush during the game, but that any talk of the Texans purposely losing to get him is crazy.

"I might (think about Bush) because there is going to be so much talk about it," he said. "Yeah. I think it's going to cross your mind, but as far as toning it down and not playing to your ability level that's hard to do. I can't even imagine doing that."

A gamebreaking player like Bush could certainly help the hapless Texans, but the question then becomes how much difference can one player make?

"I don't see how he couldn't help our team," Carr said.

For Carr, who's been sacked more than 200 times in his four-year career, a more attractive alternative might be getting a lower pick and using it on a left tackle like Virginia's D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

Offensive lineman Zach Wiegert just tries to ignore the talk.

"I can't think about that," he said. "It is my job to go out there and play no matter what the fans think. You should try being the guy out there trying and losing, it is much more frustrating than watching it."

bleh.. bothers me that Wiegert thinks that thats what the fans think... that they are throwing games.

I hate the media.

I'm a fan... I know we're not throwing the games, but I sure as hell hope we lose.

:pigfly: new flash:pigfly: now even Reggie Bush is insulted "I don't see how he couldn't help our team," Carr said.

maybe those 200 smacks are starting to take their toll :brickwall

beerlover said:
now even Reggie Bush is insulted "I don't see how he couldn't help our team," Carr said.

Capers and Casserly told Carr in the last off-season that they would address the O-line problems .... they lied to him plain and simple . I think in a way he's right , how can Bush help this team when they couldnt block a highschool JV team ? :brickwall

Imagine DD behind the Steelers or Bronco's O-lines .....:tv:

Yes Bush is a Phenominal COLLEGE player .... He has the potential to be a great player ..... but look at the record the Lions had during all those seasons w/ Barry Sanders .... ONE count IT .... ONE play-off team with ARGUABLY the greatest back ever to play the game .... He had a lot left in the tank .... Wonder why he hung up his cleats ? Poor O-Line maybe ? Didnt see improvement coming any time soon ? Money sure didnt matter ....:cool:

I can't say that I blame the Texans players getting irritated about all the talk the Reggie Bush talk. I would be a bit insulted too. THey are a team trying to finish the season on a high note. Losing/thowing the last game of the season to get a running back, which I don't think they need,is not a way to finish the season. I still hope they get the win of San Francisco.

beerlover said:
:pigfly: new flash:pigfly: now even Reggie Bush is insulted "I don't see how he couldn't help our team," Carr said.

I don't see how he couldn't help our team = Carr wants him on the Texans.

Look for Carr to have a bad game on Sunday.

I find their irritation to be pretty immature and insulting myself.

The fans.. at least most of em.. understand that they work hard all week to go out and play their best.. no one is trying to disregard the work they do.

Fact of the matter is that while the players have a physical investment in the team.. putting their blood and sweat and everything they've got towards winning.. not to mention their future and the future of their families.. the fans, for the most part, have only an emotional attachement to the team. They want to see wins..they want to see championships.. and they want to be entertained.

So when it comes to situations like this.. the players are trying hard to win and do their best and "keep their job" so to speak.. while the fans really just want to see an improvement next year so that they can get a bit closer to the championships and entertainment. The #1 pick is most important to the fans for that reason.

Its nothing personal.. its not intended as a slight towards the team and their hard work.. it is simply a difference in perception.

Only the most *****ic and ignorant fans are saying that the Texans should throw games.. the majority will be rooting for them, yelling and cheering and doing the normal sunday routine.. but they will be hoping that they lose in the end so that the franchise, and the city, will have a better chance at improving for next season.

the whole "im insulted" thing that the players are going on about.. is misplaced. And personally I find it insulting that they are gonna brow beat the fans (me) because I want whats best for MY team.

Grid said:
I find their irritation to be pretty immature and insulting myself.

The fans.. at least most of em.. understand that they work hard all week to go out and play their best.. no one is trying to disregard the work they do.

Fact of the matter is that while the players have a physical investment in the team.. putting their blood and sweat and everything they've got towards winning.. not to mention their future and the future of their families.. the fans, for the most part, have only an emotional attachement to the team. They want to see wins..they want to see championships.. and they want to be entertained.

So when it comes to situations like this.. the players are trying hard to win and do their best and "keep their job" so to speak.. while the fans really just want to see an improvement next year so that they can get a bit closer to the championships and entertainment. The #1 pick is most important to the fans for that reason.

Its nothing personal.. its not intended as a slight towards the team and their hard work.. it is simply a difference in perception.

Only the most *****ic and ignorant fans are saying that the Texans should throw games.. the majority will be rooting for them, yelling and cheering and doing the normal sunday routine.. but they will be hoping that they lose in the end so that the franchise, and the city, will have a better chance at improving for next season.

the whole "im insulted" thing that the players are going on about.. is misplaced. And personally I find it insulting that they are gonna brow beat the fans (me) because I want whats best for MY team.

Not ALL fan are intrested in the #1 overall pcik in the draft. I would like to see the TEAM win the last game of the season. That's the way to end the season on a high note. Not by getting the #1 draft pick. And unless you have invested in the intrest of the team It's not YOUR team. You have nothing to gain or lose no matter what kind of season they have. Only the investors do. I like the Texans, that's why I root for them. But they are not MY team per say. I sure hope like heck they are able to rebound next year and show the potential they showed last year. These are just my :twocents:

Dumb @$$ reporters for even bringing up this topic(throwing games for Bush) to professional players. Get real & ask them some pertinent questions!

Like asking a player that just lost a game 47-7 how he feels about this loss. I wish the player would tell the reporter, i feel like ****, how do you think I feel!

Bobby 119C:brickwall

1) I dont think that finishing 3-13 over 2-14 is a "high note".

2) It is MY team.. Monetary investments arent the only kind of investment you can make. Dont downplay the importance of the fans.

btw..listening to 610 right now.. one of the guys just made it very clear in an interview here with David Carr that it isnt a slight at the Texans players..and they need to quit getting insulted by it. Thank you..whoever just said that.

"Carr said he'll probably think about Bush during the game, but that any talk of the Texans purposely losing to get him is crazy.
"I might (think about Bush) because there is going to be so much talk about it," he said. "Yeah. I think it's going to cross your mind, but as far as toning it down and not playing to your ability level that's hard to do. I can't even imagine doing that."
A gamebreaking player like Bush could certainly help the hapless Texans, but the question then becomes how much difference can one player make?
"I don't see how he couldn't help our team," Carr said.
I find these remarks by Carr very meaningful and I'm surprised he'd be so candid about this subject. I mean the fact that Carr would admit that the subject of Reggie Bush would enter his concouisness during the SF game begs the question: why would you think about Bush at that time and in what context would you be thinking of Bush ?
On the other hand, maybe Carr's mind just wanders all over the place during a football game that he's playing in and this could account for his apparent lack of focus in some critical situations during a game ?

well he was just talking to the guys on 610.. and the whole Reggie Bush thing is apparently a big subject in his family.

They have (jokingly) said he should lose :).. one of his brothers even tried to trick him into drinking after him..since he was sick. hehe..thats pretty bad :).

I imagine in that situation, it would be hard NOT to have the whole Bush fiasco pop up in your head.

Yes it was funny how Carr said his family was pulling for him to lose this Sunday along with the fans. If Carr has a bad game on Sunday I think a lot of people will be suspicious, but the fans would love him for it.

Texans Lose Sunday = Reggie Bush = Renewed Fan Interest = Sellout Crowds = Playoffs = Championships = Dynasty.

the Texans arent going to throw the game.. not a single player in that locker room has any desire to throw the game.. no one in the front office is going to ask them to throw the game.. it just doesnt happen.

Even if you had some small suspicion that someone may risk ruining their career, their image, the reputation of the franchise and the city.. as well as their chance of getting a good draft pick at all (due to being penalized by the league if they find out).. all of that should be negated by the understanding that this is a classy organization that has never, and never will, support underhanded tactics or low character.

Put it out of your mind. All this conjecture that maybe, possibly, there is a small, miniscule, possibility that someone could or might think of considering the chance of throwing the game.. is just adding fuel to the fire. The Media is already looking for a juicy story where they can debase our team.. lets not help them along.

You know if I played ball for a pro team and some dumbass reporter kept asking me about the draft, fans keep screaming about the draft at games, and nothing is going in our favor at games I would be pissed. So I understand their anger, because I would feel it to. Mind you the millions of dollars that I pick up every monday would help with the issue though.

so they can take it out on the coaches, or themselves, or even the reporters.. but dont get mad at the fans. That is just stupid.

But even David Carr's brother has suggested that the quarterback take a knee on every play in San Francisco on Sunday so they lose and are guaranteed the No. 1 pick in the NFL draft and most likely the rights to Reggie Bush.

The players?

They say they don't care about the Heisman Trophy winning running back or any other potential draft pick. In their eyes, the fans who are hoping they lose to secure the first pick in the draft are disrespectful.

Receiver Andre Johnson, normally polite and well-mannered, was so irked by questions about the chance to get Bush that he glared at one questioner before offering a terse response.

"It's not about Reggie Bush," Johnson said, letting out a huge sigh. "I don't know why people keep saying that. We're playing to win. We're not playing for Reggie Bush. If Reggie Bush comes here, oh well, so what."

Rest is here-
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2274653

That has got to be one hacked off football team. They are hacked at the fans for wanting them to lose. They are hacked at the reporters about all the Bush questions. They are hacked off because it's called the Bush Bowl. They are hacked off at the moronic sportswriters for writing articles telling them to tank the game. They are hacked off that it will be Capers' last game. And did I mention that they are hacked off at the fans?

That is going to be one FIRED UP football team on Sunday.

We should all pat ourselves on the back for giving them such motivation.

beerlover said:

That's a double negative. What he's saying is that Bush could help the team.

Maybe those beers are starting to take their toll.

Almost Anybody said:

This has been going on for 4 or 5 weeks now. If they haven't been motivated by now, they aren't going to be any more motivated. If anything, they will be going through the motions just to end the season. No one wants to get hurt and just wants this season to end.

You know I don't even care if the Texans are offended by talk of Reggie Bush and tanking games. My answer to that is "Play better". This team, from the Head Coach on down the players on the practice squad has earned itself a 2-13 record.

Talk like this goes with the territory. If you don't like the talk then go kick somebody's butt and improve your record. It's not like you play for charity or something.

The Texans players need to understand that people pay hard earned money to watch them play their games. The city and county layed out a small mountain of cash to help Bob McNair win that bid and get this team. If we've reached the end of the season and all we have left to talk about is where we'll draft next year then who can they blame for that other than themselves and/or the organization?

It's not like I went into this season planning on cheering for Reggie Bush. I had hoped to cheer for a team making a playoff push. I was ready to go, where were the Texans? Sucking like crazy, that's where the Texans were.

Johnny Utah said:
Yes it was funny how Carr said his family was pulling for him to lose this Sunday along with the fans. If Carr has a bad game on Sunday I think a lot of people will be suspicious, but the fans would love him for it.

Texans Lose Sunday = Reggie Bush = Renewed Fan Interest = Sellout Crowds = Playoffs = Championships = Dynasty.

I would agree with you on fan interest, but playoffs and championships?????
I have to dissagree here. I had Barry Sanders on my fantasy team for years(keeper league). One year they lost 2 or 3 OLinemen to FA. Barry didn't do a thing that year, 1 rushing TD and don't think he got a little over 1000yds. The next year they shored up the OLine and he was back to his old self.

One player will NOT make you get to the playoffs or win championships. It is a step in the right direction getting quality players, but you have to have team talent to acheive those.

Almost Anybody said:
That has got to be one hacked off football team. They are hacked at the fans for wanting them to lose. They are hacked at the reporters about all the Bush questions. They are hacked off because it's called the Bush Bowl. They are hacked off at the moronic sportswriters for writing articles telling them to tank the game. They are hacked off that it will be Capers' last game. And did I mention that they are hacked off at the fans?

I think you're right. I think all you "we need to lose to get Reggie fans" should take the credit if we do win because you just got a team mentaly prepared to win this game.

touttail said:
I would agree with you on fan interest, but playoffs and championships?????
I have to dissagree here. I had Barry Sanders on my fantasy team for years(keeper league). One year they lost 2 or 3 OLinemen to FA. Barry didn't do a thing that year, 1 rushing TD and don't think he got a little over 1000yds. The next year they shored up the OLine and he was back to his old self.

One player will NOT make you get to the playoffs or win championships. It is a step in the right direction getting quality players, but you have to have team talent to acheive those.

:) I got carried away at the end just because I know it rubs a lot of the Bush haters and anti-tankers the wrong way. Drafting Bush would renew the fan interest like Earl Campbell did in the Luv ya Blue days. However, our new GM will be responsible for putting the other players around him, Carr, and AJ to take us to the championship.

The players are insulted? How the heck do they think I feel everytime someone ask SO WHO IS YOUR TEAM? And no matter how proudly i say the TEXANS. I get laughed at.

I like AJ but don't dare think b/c I'd like to see reggie bush on this team its being disrespectful. If we are in a position to get reggie bush its b/c YA'LL earned it. (EVEN THOUGH I'M WITH THE TEXANS FOR DEFENSE COMMISSION.)

I for one deeply discount most everything I see on the nightly news,
no matter if regular TV or cable. I think this is a good philosophy to adopt
for high profile college football players soon to be in the NFL.

El Tejano said:
I think you're right. I think all you "we need to lose to get Reggie fans" should take the credit if we do win because you just got a team mentaly prepared to win this game.

This is more of a distraction than anything else. This will not "help" them to be mentally prepared for the game.

BTW, If it takes this type of pressure to motivate them to get prepared to compete, I don't want them on my team.

Corrosion got it right.

Lions are PERECT example of a team who had Reggie Bush but couldn't go anywhere because (GASP!) it takes all 11 players on offense to win NFL games and playoff games.

Bush is great. He's a talent.

But what we NEED (heavy emphasis on NEED) is to keep the golden boy on his feet so guys like AJ and Mathis can get the ball in their hands.

CenTexNative said:
If Carr tosses te game I will have to quit being a fan. But I seriously doubt that he'll do that

Question: How would you actually know if he is throwing the game or not? The way this season has gone he could throw for 80 yards and it could be called normal.. Now if he throws for 350+ then the niners are throwing the game..

I personally wouldn't hate or lose respect if they went out and threw the game. In the end, this game is really business since everyone IS getting a paycheck.
Look at it from this perspective; Us fans that buy Texans merchandise, advertise for them by wearing their goods, tailgate, and puy PSL's and tickets are really investors or stockholders if you will say.. Our return wish is merely a Super Bowl caliber team... In business you have to sacrifice even take a loss in oder to succeed. I am proud to be a Texan fan and if the management decides to take a loss so we can succeed quicker then by all means git-r-dun.

Johnny Utah said:

Where did you get this information?? IF they said it, I bet it was as a joke, not a serious statement meant for him to tank a game! The Carr family has to much integrity and class to even suggest they would want David to tank a game! I'm sure all the BUSH talk out there has got to become a joke to some of these players at some point in time. I will continue to believe that our players will not destroy the integrity and fabric of the game of football by playing a lousy game just to get R. Bush.

SheTexan said:
Where did you get this information?? IF they said it, I bet it was as a joke, not a serious statement meant for him to tank a game! The Carr family has to much integrity and class to even suggest they would want David to tank a game! I'm sure all the BUSH talk out there has got to become a joke to some of these players at some point in time. I will continue to believe that our players will not destroy the integrity and fabric of the game of football by playing a lousy game just to get R. Bush.

Carr didn't say that his family wanted him to tank the game, he just said they didn't want him to win against the 49ers. This was on 610 am.

HARRYJ said:
Simmer down now sweetie, ya don't wanna blow an o-ring!:redtowel:

OH MY GAWD!!! Where ya been Harryj!!!? Been trying to reach you all season. Do ya have a new e-mail address?? You have had me worried!!!

Man, you made my day seeing this post!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR a couple days early!!

If Carr tosses te game I will have to quit being a fan. But I seriously doubt that he'll do that

I pray that he does that and I would respect him for it. He would be doing it in the interest of ultimately bringing a Super Bowl trophy to this town.

Insulted by Reggis Bush talk? Pfft - fans are insulted by the "performance" seen on the field.

"It's not about Reggie Bush," Johnson said, letting out a huge sigh. "I don't know why people keep saying that. We're playing to win.
That's a good idea - why don't the Texans try that thought process. As noted above, if you don't like to hear the talk, then you'd better put your better plays where your ears are... or something like that.

I for one would get really tired of hearing that too. The players are as pissed about this season as any fan is, and to have media people constantly ask them about drafting Reggie Bush (who still has not officially declared and therefore cannot be directly commented on by NFL personnel) instead of anything else about the games would get very annoying.

Saints fan digging so deep for this one reminds me of the circle of life -- in a maggots on death kind of way.

NEWSFLASH

Not only are the Texans players tired of hearing about RB, so are the fans.... who definitely feel no remorse for the pick in April.

TexansLucky13, a fan of the Texan's, had this to say about passing up Reggie Bush to take Mario Williams in the 2006 Draft....

"I, like many others on the MB, was on the RB bandwagon for a while. Most of us were stunned that RB was not taken that night, but nevertheless.... I have not questioned it. Mario is an incredible athlete, and we needed a DE much more than a Running Back of any kind. I have faith in Kubiak's judgement and I trust that the changes he has made will only serve to strengthen our team. That's what he has been doing.... building a team. It's not about one player."

A respectable coach in the NFL, Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots (the first modern dynasty), had this to say before the 2004 season, when they won their 3rd SB.

"We aren't collecting talent, we are trying to build a team."​

Maybe Kubiak is more knowledgable than we could have ever imagined. As for TL13, he knows this is the case.

I saw this thread and saw that I posted it and thought someone hijacked my username! Didn't realize it was 8 months old...

Brandon420tx said:
Who revived the long since dead thread:confused:

I'm thinking a Saints fan, no way AJ did. Maybe mods deleted what the Saints fan posted? Trying to get the Rb discussion going again so it'll feel like home. Pfft.

An at least temporarily dearly departed Saints troll breathed life into a dead thread. Maybe if some of the other visiting fans who want to imagine Texan fan obsessions with players they took, etc. can take a lesson this will happen less.

infantrycak said:
An at least temporarily dearly departed Saints troll breathed life into a dead thread. Maybe if some of the other visiting fans who want to imagine Texan fan obsessions with players they took, etc. can take a lesson this will happen less.

Troll.jpg

zero.jpg

Back