Texans in Trouble? (bad article from some random jags fan-yawn)

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by MightyTExan, Jun 25, 2010.

1. MightyTExan

MightyTExan It's go time!

http://blackandteal.com/2010/06/24/why-i-think-the-houston-texans-are-in-touble/
    Some snippets:

The Houston Offense: Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson are both over the top good. Matt Schaub matured last year in my opinion into an elite quarterback. He could scramble better and find a deep receiver when you didn’t expect it. Andre Johnson scares every defensive coordinator. But then what? Where is the running game? Who is the second receiver? Who is Matt Schaub’s backup? Hello? Anyone out there?

If Matt Schaub was hit a lot, who is backing him up? Rex Grossman. I think I am more afraid of Vince Young than Rex Grossman. If Rex Grossman is on the field with no running attack and no offensive line, what real chance do the Texans have?

Unlike the Colts, the Texans have no Dallas Clark to help Matt Schuab out. Owen Daniels was hurt last year. He suffered a season ending ACL tear. This was unfortunate. Other than Andre Johnson, there is no one Matt Schaub can bail out to. No running game, no tight end, no second receiver.

:facepalm:

2. Section516

Section516 Warrior

Must..Resist..Rubbernecking..Must..Not..Credit..With..Real..Response...:backsout:

3. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Ummmmmm, :thinking: Grossman is no longer a Texan...

Author credibility = 0

4. Section516

Section516 Warrior

We all seem to believe the Jaguars have a tough schedule in 2010. We all look at the AFC South as a mountain maybe too high to climb. This is wrong thinking. The AFC South is ready to be taken by the Jaguars if they man up and play hard. The Colts are the champions, but vulnerable. We saw that in two close games last year. So let’s look at why Houston may not be very difficult to beat in the coming season

Author loses credibility there!

Yes I realize they swept us last year and if we have event split we would of gone to the playoffs.

5. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

From the article:

Well, here's my opinion on his list, by the numbers.

1. We should this year.
    2. The OL isn't as bad as some folks think.
    3. For the time being, this one is true.
    4. This one is complete bullshit wrong and totally laughable.
    5. I'll give him this one as well.

So, as usual, another article that gets some thing right and others wrong. Nothing new to see here folks.......

6. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

The article is so bad that it's interesting. I'm guessing there are a few regulars here that will silently agree with the author

7. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

I love lamp.

8. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

So Jacoby Jones, Steve Slaton, and Kevin Walter are just scrubs right?

Mix in Foster and Tate to the equation and I like the state of the offense.....as Lloyd Christmas might say: "I like it a lot".

Daniels got hurt before the halfway point in the season last year, meaning he has had a LOT of time to recover. He should be ready by the time the season rolls around. I sure hope he is mediocre in the exact same way this year!

Maybe we see some better things out of James Casey and Joel Dreesen.

Who knows what packages they'll design for Holliday as well.

Matt Schaub didn't get hit near as much last year as the two previous seasons. He also proved his toughness to gut it out when it counts. Our OL does need to gel and play better in short downs and distances.

I'll concede the point about Schaub not having a back up (also see 90% of the rest of the NFL), but it's Dan-O not sexy-small hands-Grossman.

Oh, btw....who's backing up Garrard these days....Luke-who's your father-McCown :ahhaha:

Game. Set. Match.

dc_txtech likes this.

9. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Surprisingly, the author forgot to mention that Bob McNair was cheap.

:stirpot:

Hardcore Texan likes this.
  10. HouSportsWriter

HouSportsWriter SIAB

let me fix this for him -.-

The Houston Offense: Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson are both over the top good. Matt Schaub matured last year in my opinion into an elite quarterback. He could scramble better and find a deep receiver when you didn’t expect it. Andre Johnson scares every defensive coordinator. Jacoby Jones ,and his speed is a threat ,but what If Matt Schaub was hit a lot, who is backing him up? Dan Orlovsky. I think I am more afraid of Dan Orlovsky than Vince Young. If Dan Orlovsky is on the field with a solid running attack after the texans drafted Ben Tate and ok offensive line, what real chance do the Texans have? A good one

Unlike the Colts, the Texans have no Dallas Clark to help Matt Schuab out.Owen Daniels was hurt last year. He suffered a season ending ACL tear. This was unfortunate. Other than Andre Johnson, Steve Slaton,Arian Foster, Owen Danials James Casey , Jacoby Jones Kevin Walter. who else do we need

siab just kicked this guys azz in facts

11. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Couldn't...resist...correcting....alarmist.... title.

FIXED. :barman:

12. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

So why are the Houston Texans in trouble? Here are the reasons:

1.They have no running game: Niether did the Colts but that got them to the SB
    2.They have an offensive line that allows Matt Schaub to be hit: Believe that the Texans were pretty low on sacks allowed
    3.They have no backup for Matt Schaub: Not many SB are won by back ups, although it has happened.
    4.They have one real offensive weapon: So Andre Johnson throws and catches did he forget about ol' Matt, yeh OD was hurt but he may still be a great TE, and in case they missed KW isnt to shabby, and JJ is on the rise
    5.They don’t have a winners discipline as a team: And the freagin Jags do?

All I could think of after the who's there number 2 "Hello" is that Bushs baked bean commercial where the bald guy is locked up in the pantry!!!!

13. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I can understand articles by opponent cities that might point out deficiencies of our team. Some might correct at times, but this cat sounds like a joke.

14. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Anybody that writes that the Texans have only one real offensive weapon just doesn't know anything at all about the team.

15. Hagar

Hagar Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Well, I guess I'm going to be heckled for this one but the article is right. Our biggest problems are in the trenches. We don't have adequate line play and it could come back to haunt us.

16. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Name one Jaguars reciever.

End.

17. Texan_Bill

Awesome!!! :thumbup

18. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

I disagree with most of the article. Particularly the part where he trashes everyone on offense other than Schaub/AJ.

Unfortunately, this is the part that I agree with and the only part of the article he had to write:

"Just like the Colts are the champs and hard to beat, Houston is an Indianapolis wannabee. They can play football and our best effort is needed to beat them. But they are easier to beat than the Colts. The Colts don’t beat themselves, the Texans do."

That is really all that matters until we start making our own luck and finishing teams off.

dc_txtech likes this.
  19. Texan_Bill

I seem to remember some pasty white, cokehead guy... :lol:

20. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Yeah AJ's almost 1600 yds were great and he is the #1 WR in the NFL at this point but 1600 doesn't equal almost 4800. The other 3200 yds didn't appear magically on the stat sheet from pixie dust. Twelve teams last year didn't have 3200 yds of passing.