Texans hope to trade Glenn for 3rd Rounder??

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by tacoman_j, Apr 22, 2005.

1. tacoman_j

tacoman_j Veteran

This is the dumbest rumor yet. I don't think that this is the case, but a friend told me this.

profootballtalk.com/rumormill

2. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Maybe a 1st and a 3rd. Think the Redskins would give up their 9th pick for him? They like the older players over there... :whistle:

3. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

LP mentioned a possible Glenn trade to the NYJ. I really don't think it will happen, but stranger things have happened...this offseason.

ESPN

4. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

I'm gonna have to call BS on that one...or at least anything that comes from profootballtalk.com

5. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Offer Glenn to the Skins for their 25th pick... :hmmm: I have been thinking about it, we signed a nickelback when we signed Lewis from the Browns, add that to the nickelback we already had in Faggins, now we have DRob, Glenn, and Buchanon...So we have 3 CB's that are starting CB's in the NFL and 2 solid nickelbacks, why are we loading up at the CB spot....

6. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Do these guys watch any football or do they just think everyone else is a dumb-a

7. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

I think LP's article is more a product of the NY bias that tends to always surround the draft. The NYJ could pick up Rolle or Jones in the draft, and the NYJ fans would still probably boo the pick. It really wouldn't make any sense for the Jets to trade for Glenn since he'd be nothing more than a stop gap player who'd play a season or maybe two at most then be gone. After he left they'd still be left with a hole at CB.

8. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

I'm gonna go ahead and call BS on this...If it were reported by a half-way credible source, I may actually think about the repercussions of trading him...

9. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Even if we don't trade him, this is probably his last season with the Texans, or am I thinking crazy again... :whistle:

10. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

If Buchanon plays well, I think it's very possible that it could be, and I'd hate to see him go, but if PB proves he's worthy of a starting position here, then so be it...

11. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Honestly, I look at this year as the year Capers better make something happen..otherwise his job will be in jeopardy.
    Trading Glenn would be a suicide...especially with someone like Buchanon coming in, where Glenn could tutor him.

This deal won't happen...at least if Capers wants to keep his job for another season.

12. TopTexanFan16

TopTexanFan16 Veteran

yea theres no way we should play glenn, has he lost a step yea sure any player will with aage but hes still alot better than buchanon is RIGHT NOW and can teach him and glenn IMO is still one of the top corners in the leauge. i also think glenn is one of the more mature defensive players i have and we need a leader on the field ur right texans84 it would be suicide

13. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

profootballtalk is about as shady a source as you can get.

Looks like the only real info we have is the conjecture from ESPN.. which states plainly that the Texans have made no indication they want to deal Glenn, and have in fact said that having 3 quality corners is what they need in our division.

14. TopTexanFan16

TopTexanFan16 Veteran

'yea theres no way we should play glenn"

haha thats my own quote i meant ot say theres no way we should trade glenn my bad

15. TexSon

TexSon Hall of Fame

Most dubious hands in the NFL huh? I've never seen him drop an int, and he also returned punts in college. Pbelly talking nonsense again.
    :listening

I'll be very upset if they trade Glenn for a measley third rounder. He still has game and Pbuch can play the nickle as he learns the defense. Next year might be a different story.

16. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

The only negative thing I can say about Glenn is that every once in awhile he tries to make a play on the ball and ends up missing the INT and losing the WR...

17. tacoman_j

tacoman_j Veteran

PastaMan probably just doesn't like the Texans. First, he calls Carr a bust in his wholly unoriginal Tedford article, and now he state that Glenn has bad hands. Does Pastaman watch any film, or does he just pore over stats. Sure Carr's three year stats are overly impressive, but it is in line with other tops 3 QB picks excepts Manning who sets the standard for everyone. I going to address this next question to Vinny, since he catches most of the Texans games. Has Glenn's game declined over the past years; does he have terrible hands as Pastabelly alluded to; also, can he still be a viable starter for us next year??? Thanks for your input. If I'm lucky, I only see one to two Texans games a year.

18. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

I'll chime in even though my name isn't Vinny. IMO, the perception Glenn slowed down last year was vastly overstated and was much more a result of the new rule emphasis which affected all the CB's across the league, but Texans fans naturally notice Glenn more than other CB's (see Champ last year) and some attribute it to age. Pastabelly is an ***** about Glenn's hands IMO. The only time I have seen Glenn display "poor" hands was on a day he was an almost dominant CB--last year's Bears game. Glenn got his hands on 4 balls and INT'd 1. Keep in mind it was 12 degrees without the wind chill. IMO at Reliant he had 4 picks and still defensed the passes. IMO, he is not just viable he is very good--not elite, but one step down.

19. canadiantexan

canadiantexan Veteran

I think that is a very fair assesment of him although I'm not Vinny either.

20. TopTexanFan16

TopTexanFan16 Veteran

good post i agree with everything u just said and u have to also acknowledge that he also had a groin injury that slowed him down a bit.