Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans Free Agents?

MIGHTYTEX said:
Which Texans will be free agents at the end of the season?

Some are UFA, some are RFA. This isn't a complete list.

Banks
Baxter
J. Bell
Bradford
M. Brown
Coleman
DeLoach
McCree
Moses
Payne
Sears
Spears
Simmons
Wells
Wright

TexansTrueFan said:
Man what are you tokin TexansTrueFan has spoken !!!!

Atleast we wont lose to many good good people and ya think we resign Wells ?

Wells will be a RFA.. so we'll tender him an offer around one million a year and if he get signed away from us we will be compensated with a middle round draft pick... Same is true for all of our players from the '02 that are on the list.

A million a year? I think we could get him for less than that (3rd string RB) and who knows if they might draft another back in April (depending on how DD and Hollings do the rest of the season) that could bump him down another notch.

dalemurphy said:
Wells will be a RFA.. so we'll tender him an offer around one million a year and if he get signed away from us we will be compensated with a middle round draft pick... Same is true for all of our players from the '02 that are on the list.

I believe a mill a year or that neighborhood will be the high tender offer for Wells--doubt the Texans go above the middle offer.

considering how any old RB seems to work just fine lately

(Droughns, Zeroue, Moore, D. Davis.. all "nobodies" who just started tearing it up)

I think we can sign Wells for cheap. No one is going to be wanting Wells when they could get a back in the 4th or 5th round and have him potentially be a 100 yard per game rusher.

:woot But what about the top available FA's who are going to be ripe for the picking this offseason. For one, I heard Raiders WR Jerry Porter is disgruntled with the Raiders for trying to trade him, and plans on leaving. I know we have an emerging Derick Armstrong, but just imagine.... Andre Johnson, Jerry Porter, Jabar Gaffney, and Derick Armstrong as a recieving corp. :woot

aj. said:

Banks
Baxter
J. Bell
Bradford
M. Brown
Coleman
DeLoach
McCree
Moses
Payne
Sears
Spears
Simmons
Wells
Wright

Deloach, Coleman, Payne, Simmons, Sears are must signs in my book.

aj. said:

Banks
Baxter
J. Bell
Bradford
M. Brown
Coleman
DeLoach
McCree
Moses
Payne
Sears
Spears
Simmons
Wells
Wright

And don't forget Aaron Glenn also...He isn't getting younger but he still has another 3 years in him

Back