Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

"Texans fans feeling blue without Vince Young"-Chronicle

alphajoker

Veteran
Today, I finally allowed myself to catch up on Texans news. Everyday I always come to this message board or the Chronicle to check on any new info., but after this past Sunday's loss, I was mad at the Texans and didn't want to do either. But after having very little will power, I ended up forgiving them and I visited the Chronicle for any news on the Texans. I then came upon this article, which stated almost exactly how I felt after that game and it helped me put everything into perspective again. This is the team we have right now and whether I like it or not, it's time to move on. This team may not be good right now, but it has potential, especially on the defensive side. If the coaches can put together another draft like 2006, the Texans will be looking good and for this I am a Texans Fan!
:texan:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4395210.html

I agree about our defense. The offense isn't helping out very much, and we are still keeping teams in the 13-24 range. Thats a very winnable game if our offense could learn to put points on the board.

I am for getting a defense, yes we don't have Vy, also don't have tom Brady,peyton Manning,Drew Brees,P. Rivers ...etc .etc..

big whoop.

but yet I am a fan of a strong defense and a good running game.

It's funny how the Texans are getting a lot of compliments on our defense but nobody gives credit to the guys who drafted Mario & Meco.

They bust our balls for drafting defense & then when our defense improves they act like it was that way the whole time.

Losing Payne and TJ really hurt. They literally are suiting guys up that didn't have a job when the season was starting. Yet, the team is doing "decent" at stopping the run.

Losing Payne and TJ really hurt. They literally are suiting guys up that didn't have a job when the season was starting. Yet, the team is doing "decent" at stopping the run.

I think losing Payne and TJ might turn out to be good. Of course, I'm not glad their hurt, it's just that I believe Maddox, Dalton and Alfred Malone (before he got hurt) are/were playing much better than Payne and TJ. If we can continue to stop the run, and pick up some CB help via free agency or draft, then our defense will start looking scary.

"CBS Sports' broadcast on KHOU (Channel 11) recorded a 23.7 Nielsen rating in Houston, representing an average audience of almost 470,000 households. The last quarter-hour of the broadcast, which included the overtime, rated 31.7 and was seen by 54 percent of Houston households watching TV at the time."

Damn, imagine drawing similar fan interest on a routine basis?

I dunno, but I guess VY could have been to the Texans what Clemeons was to the Astros in terms of popularity, except the QB would have been around
for 10 or more years.
McNair was a money man who needed the input of a marketing guy to steer him in the right decision in the April Draft.

Street free agent Anthony Maddox has outplayed first round pick TJ this year. Losing Payne hurt.

"Texans quarterback David Carr, Curtis said, made mistakes that would have been unconscionable for UH senior quarterback Kevin Kolb, let alone a pro quarterback."

Back